SECRET SANTA

Number2Fan

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My bad, maybe I shouldn't have put a name on the pm tired and not thinking comes to mind. To be honest having to upload tracks and keep the names of the MP3s anonymous is hard work.

Enjoy the mixes, sorry it's a let down.

Edited by Wakey

Dont be worrying yaself mr wakester

The whole secret thing is just not knowing who's youll receive,

maybe really I shouldve done it so that tracklists werent given with the mixes but after who ever received whoevers mix posted about it the person would then reveal the tracklist to people I think thats how things were done previously

I participated in one er..last years? and was a cd affair i didnt receive a tl but i knew whos mix it was as said on the cd like.

So some confusion over what the Secret part is, hopefully cleared up for future secret santas

After everyone has posted feedback about the mix they received on this thread and ONLY then can mixes be shared if the mixer wished them to be if people show enough interest in them, is what I think should be the way

Onto what I came here to do:

Fuzzy Logics Mixage

Quality thumping techno mix, I like bits of everything me, proper eclectic tastes and this is a superb just under 69 minutes ride! This'll get many plays believe me :)

01. Mauro Picotto - Planet

02. Simon Foy - Inside Out

03. Simon Digby And Will E Tell - Nighttime Activities (Alpharisc Remix)

04. Dave Clarke - The Compass (Wink South Philly Acid Pass)

05. Dj Funk - Run (Uk Extended Mix)

06. Kenji Ogura Vs Melanie Ditria - Kreissage Typ B

07. Ambassador - One Of These Days (Original Mix)

08. Joris Voorn - MPX_309 (Original Mix)

09. Dirty Bass - Emotional Soundscape

10. Sons Of Piru - Untitled B1

11. Strobe - Human Animal

12. Sharpside - Critikal Freaks

13. Mr.Sam vs T99 - Anasthasia (Original mix)

14. Tomaz Vs Filterheadz - Los Hijos Del Sol (Original Mix)

15. Cave - Street Carnival

16. Monika Kruse - Latin Lovers (Voodooamt Remix)

17. Ben Sims - Manipulated (Adam Beyer Remix)

18. Jeff Mills - The Bells (Surgeon's Fuzzy X-Mas Edit)

19. Dave Clarke - The Storm (Instrumental)

20. Leftfield - Phat Planet (Dave Clarke Mix)

21. Marco V - Echoes (v.ision Remix)

22. Tube-Tech - The End

Edited by JasonB

Oh well in that case then, I got (

A-ha!

) I don't need to download it I can just play it straight off the link now, will this link expire, only I was hoping to stick it onto CD at somepoint so I can play it else-wise!

Then I'm gonna post up the tracklisting of what I recieved and other people can guess who's I got?

Whoever got mine is welcome to do the same, after they've finished laughing!!!

I thought it was gonna be how Jason Mentioned earlier in this thread "maybe really I shouldve done it so that tracklists werent given with the mixes but after who ever received whoevers mix posted about it the person would then reveal the tracklist to people I think thats how things were done previously"

But this wasy is cool, takes the guessing out, i wouldn't have guessed right anyway.

Edited by Number 2 fan

OK this is the mix I recieved,

Excellent mixing skills so far here's the T/Listing, TUNES TO TAKE YA BACK!!!

01.Rozalla-Faith (In The Power Of Love)(Coola Vibes)(Pulse)

02.Pianoman-Blurred (Pianoman Move To The Groove Dub)(Ffrreedom)

03.Ken Doh-Nakasaki (Ffrr)

04."Little" Louie And Marc Anthony-Ride On The Rhythm (Mr Roy's Cosmic Cottage Mix)(Perfecto)

05.Big Room Girl-Raise Your Hands (Fire Island's Saturday Night Mix)(Edit)(VC Recordings)

06.Rosie Gaines-Closer Than Close (Mentor Club Mix)(Big Bang)

07.Bobby Brown-Humpin' Around (K-Klassik Mix)(MCA)

08.Subliminal Cuts-Le Voie Le Sleil (1996 Way Out West Club Mix)(XL)

09.Happy Clappers-Never Again (Rhythm Masters Vocal Mix)(PWL)

10.Paul Johnson-Get Get Down (Choo Choo's Subcriminal Mix)(Defected)

11.Robbie Rivera Pres. Rhytm Bangers-Bang (Original Full Vocal Version)(Multiply)

12.F.P.I. Project-Rich In Paradise (Original 12" Instrumental Mix)(GUt Active)

13.K-Klass-Rhythm Is A Mystery (Remix)(Deconstruction)

14.Axus-Abacus (When I Fall In Love)(Colour Systems Inc. Classic Vocal)(INCredible)

Very enjoyable!!! Who's d'ya think did it?

I'm liking it, not necessarily tunes I'd put on off my own back,(except K-Klass/subliminal cuts) but it is really good listening actually!

It's like going back in time! Nice one, good Christmas present! :D

PS these are actually the GOOD versions of the tunes listed!

Edited by Number 2 fan

Quality mix by Aza I must say (still playing though) ... I am always amazed by the beatmatching too, never out of place and always fluent. Here is the tracklist I was sent (which I truely love - I was really pleased to receive it):

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

01. Yilmaz Altanhan - Eighties (Ozgur Can Mix) [Anjunabeats]

(Simon / Simcut)

02. Brooklyn Bounce - Club Bizarre (Tomcraft Mix) [Radikal]

(Judge Jules, Radio 1, 2001)

03. Goldtrix pres. Andrea Brown - It's Love Trippin' [AM:PM]

(Judge Jules, Clubbed 2002)

04. Rui Da Silva feat. Cassandra - Touch Me (Original 12") [Kismet]

(FuzzY-LogiC)

05. ATB - 9 PM (Till I Come) (Signum Mix) [Ministry Of Sound]

(Trance Nation 1)

06. Kulay - Burn (Judge Jules Remix) [iNCredible]

(Tim Traill / Neuro)

07. Hands Burn - Good Shot (Club Mix) [ultra Violet]

(Judge Jules Radio 1, 1998/1999)

08. Spolied and Zigo - More and More (Instrumental) [M-->Bargo]

(Judge Jules Radio 1, 1999)

09. The Space Brothers - Shine (Full Vocal 12" Mix) [Manifesto]

(Steve Ball / Bigsteve)

10. York - The Awakening (Quake Remix) [Manifesto]

(Adam Dowling / Dormouse)

11. Fragma - Toca Me (Club Mix) [Positiva]

(Stuart Budnik / Moonman)

12. Three Drives On A Vinyl - Greece 2000 (Original Mix) (Miro Vocal Version) [Hooj Choons]

(Chris Ward / Bjorn)

13. Agnelli and Nelson - El Nino (Matt Darey Mix) [Xtravaganza]

(DJ Tony G)

14. System F - Out Of The Blue (Original Mix) [Tsunami]

(Aza)

15. 4 Strings - Into The Night (Original Mix) [Nebula]

(Chrissie Brown)

16. Storm - Storm (Original Club Mix) [Positiva]

(Trance Nation 1)

17. Ratty - Sunrise (Here I Am) (Club Mix) [Neo]

(Judge Mental)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I don't understand why board members names are put with each track? Can you shed some light sir Aza? I am most pleased hearing York, ATB, Fragma, and Goldtrix so far :)

Excellent tracklisting there Aza! Nice to see all these tunes Julesy brought to the forefront in the mixes!

I defo think our mixes should be shared afterwards now, coz I want them!

Sorry DJ of my mix but that last tune is awful, it's going on forever, I loved the entire mix and loved hearing K-Klass again, always used to love that one out in the clubs, but I would have gone to the bar while that last one played. It's totally doing my head in..........it was ok for a moment, not my kinda tune that one.

Anyone know who's it was yet?

Edited by Number 2 fan

I thought it was gonna be how Jason Mentioned earlier in this thread "maybe really I shouldve done it so that tracklists werent given with the mixes but after who ever received whoevers mix posted about it the person would then reveal the tracklist to people I think thats how things were done previously"

But this wasy is cool, takes the guessing out, i wouldn't have guessed right anyway.

Well I took it over and no one really told me what to do. Again, I can only apologise that it's not as people thought.

I have had the pleasure in receiving Mr Matt Hardaway's Secret Santa mix.

Have not had the chance to listen as of yet, but rest assured will share the T/L and feedback etc. It does look a splendid mix and concludes nicely with one of my favourite tunes of all time, so that is something to look forward to!

Thank you Simon for your comments, which are most kind! I did put a lot of effort in that mix and hope that it proves enjoyable to you. Essentially, I must pass all thanks on to the members here who have nominated/mentioned those great tracks, so thank you again!

As to putting board members name underneath the tracks; well, in short they are nothing less than a tribute/dedication to them or, where there is no name i.e Jules era, then that means it was inspired to me from that era :)

The tracklist was devised collating several responses from threads where members put forward their favourite track nominations. I wanted to go for something different this year, so felt that mixing everyones favourite track would give everyone something to enjoy over XMAS.

I have been a little naughty and mixed another similar style set, which again is classical and honours our members here. However, I will not be putting that up until next week as I do not want to spoil what we have going here, but want to give everyone on here a mix for XMAS :)

My received mix tracklisting and comments to follow - thanks again Matt, Wakey and Jason and everyone else :)

I got Wakey's secret santa mix, Full of old classic's I especially liked the inclusion of the two Steve Murano remixes!!! Excellent my friend....

A mix that wouldn't be a stray in Godskitchen or Gatecrasher from back in the day, Many thanks Wakey

Simple Minds - Spaceface (Tomcraft Remix) [Absolutely Records]

Dark Monks - Insane (Steve Murano Mix) [incentive]

Hi Gate - Saxuality [incentive]

VPL - T-Break (Steve Murano Mix) [Closet]

Syntone - Can't Believe It (Silverblue Mix) [Closet]

Matt Darey - Moody [incentive]

Rockik - Memories (Michael Woods Remix) [serious]

M1 - Heaven Sent (Michael Woods Club Mix) [inferno]

Kota - Waiting (Darren Tate vs Mike Koglin Mix) [Mondo Records]

Warrior vs Lee Ault - Yekante (Original Mix) [incentive]

Scott Mac - Damager 02 (Connected) [Limit]