SECRET SANTA

Number2Fan

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Edit: Who received PleasurePaul's mix?

I did, and I finally had the chance to listen to it yesterday while running.

Really good tracklist and spot-on mixing!

DJ: PleasurePaul

Link: Pauls Mix

Tracklist:

1. C.R.W - I Feel Love

2. Dark Monks - Insane (Steve Murano Mix)

3. Tiesto - Urban Train (Cosmic Gate Mix)

4. Tillman Uhrmacher - On The Run

5. Vince Nysee - Soundscape

6. Ralph Fridge - Paradise

7. Deep Sonar - No Return

8. Angelic - It's My Turn

9. Crazy Mamalute - Free To Ride

10. Boca - Play With Me

11. Hi-Gate - Caned and Unable

12. Rank1 - Awakening (Cosmic Gate Mix)

13. Jam X and De Leon - Can U Dig It

14. DJ Elite - Fuct Camera

Paul, that tracklist looks pretty immesne!

I am a huge fan of Cosmic Gates take on Tiesto's Urban Train and Rank 1 (certainly CG's deeper, more underground remix on things, can't miss their take on FC's Punk too :)), in fact there are some right beauties in there and again looks like someone has thought hard about their mix.

Agreed Lynnie (#2 fan) that these mixes are all certainly shaping up to be a great compilation!

Number 2 Fan's Mix

Tracklist:

Greece 2000-3 Drives

Scott Mac-Damager

DJ Sakin & Friends vs Delerium Featuring Sarah McLachlan-Untitled

Tukan-Light A Rainbow (Green Court Remix)

Darude vs Soulsearcher - I Can't Get Enough Sand

Hi-Gate-Hurricane (Instrumental)

Push-The Leagacy

Chicane-Salt**ter(Remix)

BT-Flaming June (Remix)

Darren Tate Vs Jono Grant-Nocturnal Creatures

Eye To Eye Feat. Taka Boom-Can't Get Enough (Lange Remix)

Warrior-Voodoo (Oliver Lieb Remix)

Matt Darey-

http://www.zippyshare.com/v/94387997/file.html

No 2 Fan: don't beat yourself up about your mixing skills... seriously. I haven't heard your mix yet, but I'm DL'ing it right now & putting it on my mp3 player for my walk tonight.

If your skills are below most of the other mixers, well... that's that with that. It shows your courage! That you got enough balls to submit a mix! (though you didn't know it properly would be spread in the first place). I respect that!

I think it's interesting to listen to mixes put together by someone who might not have had as much practice as some of the more hardcore DJ's here...

Perfect beatmatching can be boring (yes, i mean that)... it can have it's charms. That's actually also one of the reasons why i don't like PvD's new setup where everything is freaking perfect. It got no soul. No live here-and-now feel, that most of Jules' old mixes from 97-02 had (just to compare to the mighty Judge).

And I still think it's interesting to listen to my own mixes from back in the days when i was learning to control the magic of 1210's... though some of the trainwrecks makes me push the 'air-platter' (anyone ever done that?) :)

Paul, that tracklist looks pretty immesne!

I am a huge fan of Cosmic Gates take on Tiesto's Urban Train and Rank 1 (certainly CG's deeper, more underground remix on things, can't miss their take on FC's Punk too :)), in fact there are some right beauties in there and again looks like someone has thought hard about their mix.

Agreed Lynnie (#2 fan) that these mixes are all certainly shaping up to be a great compilation!

i agree mate. their best 3 remixes in my eyes. only sad thing about my mix was there was some many more tunes i wanted to add but ran out of time. never included green martian - industry which is my all time fav trance tune

Marty M's Mix

1.CRW featuring VERONIKA - like a cat - (tillman uhrmacher remix)

2.Dave Kane - Clarkness [slacker Remix]

3.David Forbes - Questions (Must Be Asked) (Kayestone Remix)

4.M.I.K.E. - Sunrise At Palamos (Original Mix)

5.Mauro Picotto - Back To Cali (push_remix)

6.Tom DJ - So High (Original Mix)

7.Miss Shiva - Dreams (Cosmic Gate Mix)

8.The Act - Something About U (DJ Garry Vocal Remix)

9.Hi-Gate - Gonna Work It Out (Original Mix)

10.Ferry Corsten - Punk (Cosmic Gate Remix)

11.Ricky Effe Sector .30 (Sector Mix)

12.D.A.V.E. The Drummer - Untitled

13.Joshua Ryan Vs Marcel Woods - Cherry Whip (Mark Eteson Bootleg Mix)

http://www1.zippyshare.com/v/76702836/file.html

Ive done that Fuzzy ha ha air platter ha ha ,

I dont classify myself as perfect very much rough round the edges, why do you think I dont do monthly mixes or owt ha ha!

This Secret santa mix I did a couple of run throughs hen recorded in one take, Just lucky it turned out alright

Edited by JasonB

I'm downloading Aza's right now and will work through the rest of them as time allows. There are some awesome tunes in the TLs, notably mostly classics! Way to go fellow JJA-ers :winkthumbsup: And after the words of people complimenting people that aren't perfect beatmatchers, I've now got the confidence to do a Secret Santa next year :) Congratulations everyone for taking part.

Jason: lol, nice1... i was afraid i was the only one doing the air-platter fondling :D

BigSteve: absolutely.. just get crackin' on it :) My mix got some mistakes aswell, where a few of them annoys the f*ck out of me now when i hear it, but it's there... at least I learned where not to cut certain tunes for an eventually next time :D

No 2 Fan: don't beat yourself up about your mixing skills... seriously. I haven't heard your mix yet, but I'm DL'ing it right now & putting it on my mp3 player for my walk tonight.

If your skills are below most of the other mixers, well... that's that with that. It shows your courage! That you got enough balls to submit a mix! (though you didn't know it properly would be spread in the first place). I respect that!

I think it's interesting to listen to mixes put together by someone who might not have had as much practice as some of the more hardcore DJ's here...

Perfect beatmatching can be boring (yes, i mean that)... it can have it's charms. That's actually also one of the reasons why i don't like PvD's new setup where everything is freaking perfect. It got no soul. No live here-and-now feel, that most of Jules' old mixes from 97-02 had (just to compare to the mighty Judge).

And I still think it's interesting to listen to my own mixes from back in the days when i was learning to control the magic of 1210's... though some of the trainwrecks makes me push the 'air-platter' (anyone ever done that?) :)

I've always maintained the thought of tunes come first, mixing second. I've posted it on here many a times. I couldnt really give s*** about mixing. I'd rather hear two good tunes with ropey mixing that 2 dull tunes that "harmonically flow" together for the sake of it.

Humans, by their very nature make mistakes, nothing is perfect.

Yeah agreed Mr Krump, but still you know! :blush: Not being funny but these mixes show we've got some seriously good DJ skills on this board!

Anyway, I've done my time.

BTW Fuzzy "trainwrecks makes me push the 'air-platter' (anyone ever done that?) "

I never called it that, but when I hear my old mixes it takes me back to the time I was making them and urging the tunes to catch up with the power of my mind. :D Cool!

How was your walk?

Edited by Number 2 fan

So many mixes so little time. :)

I still haven't played Fuzzy's??

I did just play some of mine and it starts out ok, and thru these headphones I can hear the crackle of my bashed up vinyls!!!

It just starts going horribly wrong when Darude starts... :)

Edited by Number 2 fan

No2Fan: My walk was fine thanks, good to get some fresh air with quality tunage in the ears :)

Your mix is absolutely fine, kicking off with the 'G&M Project Mix' of 'Greece 2000', which happens to be my favorite mix of G2K... Yay! :D

I admit it goes a bit off after Sandstorm, but hey... blame it on the tempo-changing whitelabels, right? ;)

I had one of them dodgy whites in my mix aswell... had completely forgotten about it until i was right in the mix and didn't have time to redo it because of the deadline... lol :D