SECRET SANTA

Number2Fan

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No2Fan: My walk was fine thanks, good to get some fresh air with quality tunage in the ears :)

Your mix is absolutely fine, kicking off with the 'G&M Project Mix' of 'Greece 2000', which happens to be my favorite mix of G2K... Yay! :D

I admit it goes a bit off after Sandstorm, but hey... blame it on the tempo-changing whitelabels, right? ;)

I had one of them dodgy whites in my mix aswell... had completely forgotten about it until i was right in the mix and didn't have time to redo it because of the deadline... lol :D

Oh yeah, must've been that, hadn't thought of that, I thought I saved that one a bit by shoving the record along sharply so as no one would notice! :)

Right Mr Ross I'm having you this morning!

Edited by Number 2 fan

DJ: Simon Ross

Link: http://www.judgejulesarchive.co.uk/wakey/S...8128kbps%29.mp3

Tracklist:

1. Ronski Speed - All The Way (Bissen Remix)

2. Simon Patterson - Whatever It Takes

3. Dazzle - Chaos Theory

4. John O'Callaghan and Bryan Kearney – Exactly

5. Sander van Doorn – Dark Roast

6. Rafael Frost – Run To You (Rafael Frost Remix)

7. Simon Ross - Fly To New York

8. Skunk Ananzie - Brazen Weep (Richard Durand Remix)

9. John Gibbons and Scimon Tist - Beautiful Filth (Paul Webster Remix)

10. Fragma - Tocas Miracle (Richard Durand Remix)

11. Simon Ross - Sex in a Bulgarian Disco (Judge Jules Edit)

12. Veracocha - Carte Blanche (Richard Durand Remix Final Edit)

13. Reaky - Railroad Trip (Slovenia Remix)

14. 4 Strings - Take Me Away (Re Ward Remix)

15. Cressida - 6am (Kyau and Albert Remix)

16. Mojado - Kali

sorry i took my time to get round to shareing this

This link isn't working!!

Did Aza say he was gonna stick them all in one tidy thread for us?

I hope so coz I'm getting all lost now, can't find a link to Fuzzy's now that Simons ones broke!!??

:(

Edited by Number 2 fan

oh you can work mine alright... do me first! :)

ehm, sorry about that... guess im a bit too tired... mine is a compressed zip file which you need to unpack.

It contains 3 files... the mp3, the cuesheet and a txt file with the track list.

You should be able to unpack the file even with a clean Windows install... or.. are you on Mac? In that case i think you need to install Stuff It or something.

OK nevermind... too much hassle.

heres the link for my own webserver:

Fuzzy's Mix

Fuzzy's Mix - Cuesheet

Aza, I'd just like to say I've had an amazing 1:14:20 listening to your mix :) A fantastic seletion of tunes, mixed in your usual, flowing, interesting and flawless way :winkthumbsup: Shine :wub:;)

Thank you very much Steve mate, I'm glad you like it and apologies for the slight edit of the Ratty.

I guess you're right and I really didn't think it through properly, I deliberately wanted to conclude with the anthem, but as I ran over the mix initially, I had to carry out a little bit of editing and worked my way backwards.

I did edit a few other tunes too as I wanted to try keep file size low too, but hey, as long as it was under 80mins it was fine.

Nevertheless, thank you very much for your kind comments - I appreciate it!

# 2 fan: Yeah, I have been speaking with Wakey and are in the process of whipping up a master thread with all mixes and links etc. There will also be a little (Xmas) Easter egg for everyone on the board too. I will endeavour to get that thread up by beginning of this weekend!

All in all though, there are some absolute cracking mixes submitted by all, so great to see the thought and effort behind them all, they are all very creative! Top marks to all (I too are in the proces of downloading them for myself) and thanks again to JasonB and Wakey B)

Well Simon firstly played yours this morning, and have to say I'mimpressed.com!!!

As I thought I probably would be, as I have heard a set or two from you before. I even liked the skunk anansee tune, which when reading the tracklisting I thought I might not. Anyway it was very good TRANCEY TRANCE all the way.........

Fuzzy just this second started playing yours through my headphones tonight while I'm at the PC no I haven't got a mac, I'm sorry I had to do you second to Simon, I hope you weren't being rude?? :) Anyway, not yet far enough in to comment but will give you a verdict later I'm sure! Liking it so far, nice and hard!

Aza I can't wait for the thread you're up to!!

;)

Fuzzy I just noticed how ell your mix is going together with the baby channel at this time of night, Sky 623! :D

Edited by Number 2 fan

I did, and I finally had the chance to listen to it yesterday while running.

Really good tracklist and spot-on mixing!

DJ: PleasurePaul

Link: Pauls Mix

Tracklist:

1. C.R.W - I Feel Love

2. Dark Monks - Insane (Steve Murano Mix)

3. Tiesto - Urban Train (Cosmic Gate Mix)

4. Tillman Uhrmacher - On The Run

5. Vince Nysee - Soundscape

6. Ralph Fridge - Paradise

7. Deep Sonar - No Return

8. Angelic - It's My Turn

9. Crazy Mamalute - Free To Ride

10. Boca - Play With Me

11. Hi-Gate - Caned and Unable

12. Rank1 - Awakening (Cosmic Gate Mix)

13. Jam X and De Leon - Can U Dig It

14. DJ Elite - Fuct Camera

I'm just finishing off listening to this mix and, again, I'm well impressed. Yet more flawless mixing with spot on timing and a selection of harder trance classics than your average classics mix, which for me, made it stand out from the crowd. Great stuff, Paul :)

Hopefully I'll download another mix tomo and give it a listen. Mixtastic mate :mrgreen:

Thought I was gonna struggle to say something nice as I have used up all my ways of saying I like a mix, but then,

F**KING JINGLE BELLS! EXCELLENT FUZZY! what else can I say!

Nice one!

Really really good!

th_Bells29.gif

hehe, first, no i wasn't being rude... was just joking :whistling:

I'm glad you noticed the X-Mas edit, though i can't take credit for it :rolleyes: It's DJ Surgeon's edit which i have snapped up from an obscure thread on a board somewhere on the net.. basically just made a on-the-fly mix first. Then mixed it into the original 'The Bells' and out again... then used that 'minimix' for the mastermix (sounds fancy, but isn't :D)

I so far have listened to Wakey's, Pleasure Paul's, JasonB's, Fuzzy's and Numer 2 Fan's. I've been off work all week ill, so has provided me with some very much needed listening material.

All very enjoyable mixes, can't wait for this special thread to be created and see all the mixes along side one another.

Edited by Hardaway

I'm just finishing off listening to this mix and, again, I'm well impressed. Yet more flawless mixing with spot on timing and a selection of harder trance classics than your average classics mix, which for me, made it stand out from the crowd. Great stuff, Paul :)

Hopefully I'll download another mix tomo and give it a listen. Mixtastic mate :mrgreen:

cheers for the kind feedback Bigsteve. think like every 1 else that did a mix , i just used classics that remind me of good times and not the usual stuff you find on a ministry of sound album hahaha

I hasten to add, Mr Matt Hardaway's JJA Secret Santa mix, 2008:

1. DJ Ionic - Give it to me

2. Golden Girls - Kinetic (Commie's Remix) [Distinct'ive]

3. Robert Natus - Unus Pro Multi

4. NRG - Never Lost his hardcore (Floorplay Mobile Bitch Remix) [banana]

5. U Sucker! – U Sucker!

6. Bleachin - Peakin (Darude v JS16 Remix) [bMG]

7. The Morrighan - Remember (to the millenium) (Lange Remix) [serious]

8. Minky - The Weekend Has Landed

9. Lost Witness - Red Sun Rising (Lange Remix) [Ministry Of Sound]

10. E-Motion - Naughty North Sexy South (Naughty But Nice Mix) [soundproof]

11. Perfect Phase - Horny Horns (Club Mix) [Positiva]

12. Fool Boona - Popped!! (Judge Jules Remix) [VCRecordings]

13. Citizen Caned - The Journey [serious]

I gave this a listen twice yesterday mate and it is very good! I love the way it transitions from a techy theme to a trancey theme and wraps up nicely with Citizen Caned. Good use of EFX too all in all thoroughly enjoyable - thank you!

Was great to see a nice variety and can certainly tell a lot of time/work went into devising the tracklisting. Well done and thanks again!

This sorted me right out on the way to work this morning - Havent heard E-Motion for years, takes me right back, that classic handbag sound! Also loved hearing Horny Horns again, fond memories of Jules playing this at Slinky back in the day, 2 copies to make the breakdown extended, like he used to do with Synth & Strings! Epic Jules Memories!

Cheers to Jason B as well for his proper old skool piano session, loving it big time!

this is because the board software censores the word because sal-t**t-er... go figure :)

ROFLOL, that's funny, gasp................you said t**t! I'll never be able to listen to that record in the same way again!

Not as bad sc***horpe! :D

Edited by Number 2 fan