CD MIXING!

I agree, downloading makes the whole process so much easier & cheaper. Plus it makes it so much easier for promo pool purposes, I'd lose out on so many free tracks if I was still on vinyl & of course the labels can send them out without any expense to their promo pool DJs

I think I was the first to cave in and make the switch, but it still took you a few more months Tom ;) Its just the whole ease of tune availability for me and not going to the PO to pick stuff up.

Oh I used to love collecting stuff from the Post office or getting the postman knocking my door first thing! Like getting presents that you LOVE all the time. Better than (dare I say) Christmas!

Maybe I should have a go on someone elses....

thats why Serato is the future. Just slap the usb lead into your computer, and you can play downloaded tracks from beatport etc through the timecoded vinyl on your 'tables. You get the best of both worlds. The software is as solid as a rock too. I've never had it crash on me or never heard it crash in a club.,

When PvD guested Copenhagen in 2005, his setup crashed TWICE during his 2hour set... to be honest, i was not impressed, as i knew he had been using the exact same setup for months (Ableton on one laptop, Serato on another)... it's the worst case scenario, and i don't think it happens very often (it's prolly been patched since then), but nothing is 100% safe.