Trance Energy 2009

Trance Energy Line Up released - 7th March 2009 Jaarbeurs - Utrecht - Holland

Who's up for it?!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Main Stage

Armin van Buuren

Paul van Dyk

John O'Callaghan

Marcel Woods

TyDi

Fausto

MC Mighty Mike

Future Stage

Re-Ward

Cliff Coenraad

Marcus Schössow

First State

Aly + Fila

Ali Wilson

Simon Patterson

MC Gunner

High Contrast Stage

Judge Jules

Wippenberg

Rank1

Danjo

Joop

Jochen Miller

Artento Divini

Trance Classics

Johan Gielen

Spider Willem

Bas & Ram

Scot Project

Yves Deruyter

Talla 2 XLC

MC Francois

Tis gonna be pretty sweet! Be nice to meet up with of the board crew if any of you are planning on being in attendance?

TyDi on the mainstage! Pleasantly surprised to see that. I doubt very much I'll be attendance for this though the lineup does have some interesting names on there. I'm not sure whether it's just me but does anyone else kinda get tired of the same names at each festival every year?

Give me a nice intimate club night with new DJs who I've not seen before

TyDi on the mainstage! Pleasantly surprised to see that. I doubt very much I'll be attendance for this though the lineup does have some interesting names on there. I'm not sure whether it's just me but does anyone else kinda get tired of the same names at each festival every year?

I can deffo see your point there Tom, but the spectacle of the production the Dutch put into these things is worth the admission fee alone! Despite having lived in Holland back in the mid 90s I never got into clubbing that much at the time (prob cos it was all gabber back then!) but now I make frequent trips over as would happily pay the £35 odd quid to go to something like this than pay £20 at Ministry for Armin etc....

The stage Jules will be on is technically the 2nd stage which was brilliant for getting right down the front at, so I'll have my camera in attendance and will post some pics up on the board for you lot! ;)

I've heard so many great things & definately out of all the festivals abroad this & Dance Valley I'd go to simply for the spectacle that I hear so much about. Just a general observation that, not aimed at TE in particular

I'm not sure whether it's just me but does anyone else kinda get tired of the same names at each festival every year?

Agreed, which is why i'm not bothering with Global next year. £150+ quid to see PvD, Armin, Eddie, Jules, Markus Schulz, Above & Beyond, Mark Eteson - plus a couple of lesser profile DJ's (probably from Jon O'Bir, Matt Hardwick, Marcel Woods & Sean Tyas) to fill the afternoon slots isn't worth it.

Thats why I prefer Escape Into The Park - its only about £40 for a full day, and the line-up is usually far less predictable. Escape Into The Park 2007 p***ed all over any other festival i've ever been too. Every single DJ in the Trance tent was supurb - Eddie, Jules, Adam Sheridan, Dave Pearce, Big Al, Mark Eteson - and even Sander van Doorn and Matt Hardwick, who both usually bore me to tears.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm not going ALL that way to see Jules! All that travelling, and expense and you never get to see ALL the people you want to, if you did it may justify the cost but you never do. Maybe if I was 20 and had no other responsibilities. Looks good, but I am put off by the travelling BIG TIME!

Travelling is what scares me most about going anywhere at the moment. Ibiza was the first option (too far), then Silverstone (not too bad), then Global Gathering (probably manic) ... and now Trance Energy, that will be like a combination of Ibiza and Global from my point of view :lol:

In my opinion, Global isn't worth bothering with now. Less effort seems to go into it each year, but the price keeps going up. The line-up rarely varies either - its just not worth £150+ now. Global is only ten minutes from my house, but I'm not even bothering this year because i've seen it all before now over the last 3 years.

Go to Escape Into The Park i Swansea instead. Its only £45, and the line-up is less predictable, and the atmosphere is far better.

Trance Energy does look appealing though - I might be tempted :D