Does anyone live near this?

You live in Lincolnshire! At it's closest, that still must be a good 20'odd miles from Nottingham and that's if your on the border. Saying that though, I've driven back from Gods/Crasher (Sheffield) many a time so I suppose the distance is only as much as you make of it.

I have to do at least 32 miles to the nearest club!!!

Yeah I would like to go there too, where is it held? It is more expensive though

I know with Creamfields it is near Liverpool and they put coaches on so it is easy to get to

Which events have you been to? I have never been to any of them but would love to go to one of them this year at last!

Money is valuable ... I dread the moment I hand over a good few hundred or so for my brothers car, and especially seeing the smile on his face when the cash is placed in his hands.

I might just think 'f**k it' later on and buy tickets for global straight away. I need some sort of clubbing/festival experience in my life while I am still in my teeeens

I dunno yet hun? About 50 quid ish I guess and from usual ticket places, or coach firms do round trip things, it'll all be apparent when the time comes!!

Camping?? I don't like camping, I've never camped at GG before, is it compulsory?? Am I being thick as well as being in a bad mood!?

I don't think you have to camp if you don't want to. Taking my car worries me after thinking about it. Wouldn't want to get it all messed up and horrible, nor do I want it damaged by some randomers squeezing past it. I'm not going on a coach ... after a trip to Paris and back on one of them I will never step foot on a coach ever again. I didn't sleep while I was on the trip either!!! :o

£50 doesn't seem too bad to go to such an event. I know many people on here don't think highly of Global anymore, but from my point of view it will be epic :lol:

If anyone here does buy their ticket, they will have to send a link to the site they got it from. It's all a new business to me.

Hmmm 50 pounds...if you don't camp do you just dance the whole time?

:)

Yes actually, maybe a bit of sitting on some grass, or wandering around different parts, but mainly yeah!!

Although my sister has a brand new camper van now.............:)

th_carry7.jpg

Edited by Number 2 fan

It's entrirely up to you whether you want to camp or not. The event is run Friday and Saturday so if you camp you get to go both days and camp Friday night through to Sunday (whatever time you manage to get up).

I'm not a Global expert as I've only been once so my recommendations may be somewhat unjustified.

It entirely depends upon your music perference as to whether you go both days. The Friday has been more house music orientated for the years they've been running both days. I think Tiesto and Oakie played the Friday last year (although I could be wrong). Personally I'd want to avoid those two ego's like the plague but whatever flicks your switch.

The Saturday is the main attraction so if you want to go all out and bosh away then maybe just do that. Would be cheaper and you wouldn't have to live like a tramp for a weekend.

The lads I met at the event stayed for both days but moaned like hell about the tent area. It's not Glasto et al. so the whole 'roughing it' experience will never compare. They said loads of stuff was nicked from surrounding tents but I guess that happens at most festivals.

I went for the single day. The car parking was perfectly OK but saying that, the weather was mint for the majority of the 2005 event. It was a total mission trying to find my car on the Sunday morning but then again I was somewhat worse for wear :blink: .

Although I don't like coaches much I decided that it was better and safer than attempting to drive for 4 hours after dancing for about 24 hrs, and as I HATE camping, in any way shape or form, I paid a coach company to collect me, get me there, and wait for me, so I could sleep it off on the journey home. This was good, because not only does it mean that if your friends have had enough before you have, they can go back to the coach while you carry on, if you lose your friends you can find them at the end in the coach, you do not have to drive, find parking, find the venue etc etc. There's a cool party vibe on the way there and everyone sleeps on the way back!!

However on the way back from Creamfields I was alone, and had to sit with a fat bloke, I couldn't sleep and the radio was on radio one which played some right annoying s*** (some indian thing and Oakenfolds starry night surprise or wtf it was called) over and over and over all the way home.

Also on the way there a guy stepped off to go and have a wee on the verge whilst we sat in traffic. He was hit by a taxi doing about 50 up the hard shoulder as soon as he stepped off the coach. It done my head in a bit and it made us late for getting there, when I was supposed to be meeting some board members. I also missed the first two hours of it, I could well have been stuck alone for the entire event had I not found my board buddies!

Turned out well though, I'd do it again that way, but I live very far from any decent events. I went to the essential festival in Brighton and drove to that, it was good.