BOOTLEGS

Number2Fan

They are getting way out of hand, too too many!!

I used to love Bootlegs, I still like a few but come on...........how f**king many are there now, and there's no exclusivity anymore.

I'M OFFICIALLY SICK OF BOOTLEGS NOW OR MASH UPS WHATEVER!!!!

:mad:

There's plenty of fab tunes about now no need to look back and revamp for a while!

And I'm telling this to Jules when he gets back from Dubai.

hope you don't mean my bootlegs mate always trying to do not so mutch and to think about it before i do them and i try to find somefing new what nobody got .. how fit verry god together i hope my future ones don't distroy the tunes im planning

a booty with lee haslam's punch drunk an harder booty made of mabie 3 tunes... and my next one with Lytz - 3 Days Awake a english version for jules and a german version better known as Lützenkirchen - 3 Tage Wach was no 1 in germany i found an instrumental for it that fit ..hope somebody will like them .. :blush:

the only jules fan from germany the end of the planet :(

Edited by Burien

Yeah I have to admit that I'm getting a bit bored of them. A few people have had some success and every Tom, d*** and Harry has also jumped on the wagon. I don't knock people for doing them as it's undoubtedly a good way of becoming noticed but there comes a point where they aren't so unique. To play one or two in a set isn't exactly criminal but Jules' show's are becoming overrun with them.

Don't get me wrong here, I admire all you that have made good ones and even had them played my God himself, but I think I don't wanna hear anymore for a while. In fact Burien yours was the last one I liked I wanna end on that note.

And PLEEEEEEEEEEEEASE NONE with chart topping bands now!!

Bloody Westlife and westbam next!

Bootlegs are fine - most DJ's only play one or two now and again, but Jules's sets are absolutely plastered with them, and thats why I don't bother going to see him any more. I'm sick of seeing drunken performances that are full of bootlegs. A lot of the bootlegs that Jules plays are very mediocre too - they're definately not up to the standard that someone of Jules's stature should be playing.

Someone summed up Jules perfectly on the Matt Hardwick boad the other day saying that with him being a Radio DJ, he must get a lot of radio listeners emailing in commenting on how good some of the bootlegs are that he plays. The problem there is that a lot of radio listeners listen "socially" - they're not 'proper' clubbers. They might work on the radio, but in clubs, they don't work at all. They might be suited to some of Jules's smaller, more commercial gigs - but playing a poorly produced bootleg with a well-known Indie sample at a Trance brand such as Gatecrasher or Godskitchen where all the clubbers are die-hard Trance fans isn't going to go down well.

I can't take Jules seriously as a Trance DJ any more because a lot of the tunes he plays aren't respectable tunes. If he ditched some of those awful bootlegs and replaced them with GOOD tunes that are going to be released properly, then i'd have a lot more respect for him again.

Its criminal that he's never supported superb artists such as Greg Downey - yet he'll support a dodgy bootleg that has been knocked up in 10 minutes on Ableton in someones bedroom.

Do you know I think I agree with most of that, altho I don't mind an ableton knocked up mash up if it's good and I like that Jules will support up and coming people too.

I'm just BORED NOW with them.

I am still a fan of Jules.

Edited by Number 2 fan

I've said it before & will no doubt say it again but for me a good quality bootleg is something that fuses two tracks in a new & exciting way. When its played it gets that reaction & people start going nuts realising what's being played.

They're great for maybe one every other set imo, not 5 or 6 per set which is the way Jules seems to have gone. I could probably count on one hand the bootlegs I've supported this year.

This is in no way a knock on the guys from here who make them as you're getting reps for it & that's a great way to launch your careers

i need to agree i think is stop and send jules bootys and i start to make own tunes ...

There's no need to stop making bootlegs - there's nothing wrong with them. If you enjoy making them, and they work, then fine.

Tom summed a bootleg up perfectly. The idea of a bootleg is to get two tunes, put them together, and make something completely new. Alternatively, grab a tune from another genre like Richard Durand did with Smack My Bitch Up or John O'Callaghan has done recently with The Prodigy - Charley, and do something with it to 'convert' it to Trance to create something new that we've never had before.

Unfortunately,a lot of the bootlegs Jules is playing are 'novelty' bootlegs. They're just crap bootlegs featuring popular vocals from Indie tunes or 80's tunes layered over a popular Trance tune. The worst bootleg i've heard this year is one that Jules created himself - it had a popular 80's tune sample (the names escapes me right now) combined with Southside Spinners - Luvstruck. They didn't go well together at all, and it sounded terrible and very amateur. That other one he did last year with the Mark Ronson sample was shocking too. Not far behind in the "Now Thats What I Call A Crap Bootleg" list is that hideous Gareth Emery - This Is That tune with the Delerium - Silence vocal over the top (it wasn't even in time either!). Two perfectly good tunes in their own state, slapped together and murdered. Last year he played that shocking Red, Blue, Purple bootleg with the Star 69 vocal over the top. Nooooooooooooooooo! Stop!!

Hopefully 2009 will be the year Jules ditches the crap bootlegs, and supports 'proper' artists such as Greg Downey and John O'Callaghan. He's never played once single Greg Downey tune, and despite John O'Callaghan being one of the best producers around ovr the last 3 years, Jules has supported only three tunes of his.

Edited by Briggsy

Alternatively, grab a tune from another genre like Richard Durand did with Smack My Bitch Up or John O'Callaghan has done recently with The Prodigy - Charley, and do something with it to 'convert' it to Trance

This is what I like to do now, playing with new genres is much more fun, and challenging, than merging two trance tunes. Although I said I would like to stop making them there are times when I get bored and making a bootleg is an easy way to pass time :lol: which brings me on nicely to the next point .......

LMAO Is it Westlife and Westbam? It better not be f***ing Duffy Simon?

...... you are not far wrong really. You have the right idea. I may as well come out and say it haha - my new bootleg is of The Pussycat Dolls - I Hate This Part. I haven't posted it on here because I will probably be slated for it after reading the talk of bootlegs on here over the past year, and it was purely to keep me entertained on Christmas Eve :)

...... you are not far wrong really. You have the right idea. I may as well come out and say it haha - my new bootleg is of The Pussycat Dolls - I Hate This Part. I haven't posted it on here because I will probably be slated for it after reading the talk of bootlegs on here over the past year, and it was purely to keep me entertained on Christmas Eve :)

Ha I nearly f***ing said that aswell! OMG I don't even wanna hear that one, lolol :P

Actually I don't wanna hear anything like that for a while now. Unless someone does do Westbam and Westlife I would have a morbid curiosity about that one.

I love Westbam ;)

Yep so keep making them but stop sending them to Jules and actually I think you could probably make tunes in your own right now.

Edited by Number 2 fan

Sir Briggsy made the perfect point in another thread some moons ago which was spot on, in that in the old days, it was harder to do and therefore there were less of them but of better quality. People didn't bother making a bootleg unless it was good because it involved a complicated method of fusing two tracks together (which was harder back then!), then you had to press it to vinyl (expensive), and then dish them out (either by hand or through your mate who worked at Amato!).

Whereas today, we can grab two mp3s, spend an afternoon fusing them together on the PC, and then emailing it to DJs and all over the internet. And Bish! You have 20,000 crap bootlegs all over the place.

I'm going to play with my mace now.

hello number 2 fan im the only german jules fan because i dont know nobody knows him ..nobody else everybody i ask about jules stile they ask me wtf how is this guy .. they just now the s*** scotter and everything whats about jump stile :wall: :wall:

Really hope that the bootleg scene dies down a bit (well a lot) in 2009 so original music can have a fighting chance to make an impression. Bootlegs on the whole aren't a positive influence on dance music when they're poorly put together.

i love bootlegs,only if there done properly there is some really s*** bootlegs out there especially the gareth emery and silence one thats annoying, im a big fan aswell of jules i like his own stuff but his bootlegs are nasty stuff

He's never played once single Greg Downey tune, and despite John O'Callaghan being one of the best producers around ovr the last 3 years, Jules has supported only three tunes of his.

Just for the record Jules has played some Greg Downey tunes (4 times in 2006 & 2007) :P

Will this ever make a release or am I being totally stupid and have missed it?

I asked Greg a few months ago about it, and he said the label had cleared it, but the band (Mansun) weren't being very communicative - so it was still a 50/50 whether it was going to be released.

I believe its been used for a couple of mix CD's though that are being released, so it must have finally been given clearance for a release. Fingers crossed :D