BOOTLEGS

Number2Fan

i have a strong dislike for Mashups. BAck in the late 90's they were clever and exclusive (you had to get the white label) now they just half arsed, most of them as you can bag online.

I'm also getting annoyed with "updates" of tunes from the 98-99 era. Why?

My blessed "Tocas Miracle", good update, but NOT NEEDED!

Jules does go way OTT on them aswell.

But, how ironic is it that the track i love so much, and probably my favourite (Tocas Miracle - yes i know, it holds so many wonderful clubbing memories back in 2000, and it gets me everytime) is originally a mashup!?!

Edited by MrKrump

Ah my mistake - out of interest, which ones were there Chrissie?

He seems to have missed Greg's better ones such as Jaws, Heaven Scent, Wide Open Space, etc though :(

17.06.06 Greg Downey "Vivid Intent" (Greg Downey Rework)

28.04.07 Greg Downey "Grade A"

20.10.07 Sorry no tune, Jules spoke to Greg on the phone. :redface:

12.05.07 Bedrock "Heaven Scent" (Greg Downey Mix)

BTW Briggsy, you can always use the "search" feature which can be found on the Homepage of JJA.co.uk, its great!

The only julesy special I liked was the Chilis sampling one which he didnt play for very long at all compared to the other ones.

I congratulate every here for making cracking well most of em a few I didnt favour) bootlegs.

I do like some bootlegs, too many being played in a set is overkill fo shore , unofficial remixes can sometimes be a hell of a lot better than official ones and theres been some crackings ones of they aswell.

Ive liked gregs stuff from cued recall from the off all down to I saw him in bath when he had his scream residency in 2004 so when i saw he had a tune out i checked it out, always prefrerd shaker on the flip though! with Jaws, I found a small clip of bond on the net and wacked that in the breakdown :lol: I think I gave christian a copy o that

I noticed Jules support of Fabio Steins drooped off the radar of late!

Edited by JasonB

I noticed Jules support of Fabio Steins drooped off the radar of late!

Yeah, Fabio sent me a couple of his latest tunes about a month ago and his sound has changed quite drastically now - to the point where you wouldn't recognise them as Fabio Stein's work now. He said he'd sent Jules all of his latest tunes aswell - but Jules didn't like his new sound.

BTW Briggsy, you can always use the "search" feature which can be found on the Homepage of JJA.co.uk, its great!

haha thats me told! lol.

I've just used that search feature for the first time, and its telling me that Vivid Intent on 17.06.06 was actually part of Eddie Halliwell's guest mix on the show, so Jules didn't support that one.

'Heaven Scent' was also part of the 'One For The Weekend' feature - which was again chosen by Eddie Halliwell on that occasion.

Jules did, however, support 'Grade A' in his sets which was one of Greg's more 'Techno' sounding tunes - so out of all the tunes Greg Downey has done, Jules has only supported one of them - which is a shame really because Greg has done some great tunes that have been ignored in favour of shoddy bootlegs :(

There are always producers or certain tracks that DJs never seem to support when all evidence suggests that they should. What's even more annoying is if you know a certain DJ is playing a tune out a lot & even on their respective shows but when you see them live they don't drop it

Yeah, Fabio sent me a couple of his latest tunes about a month ago and his sound has changed quite drastically now - to the point where you wouldn't recognise them as Fabio Stein's work now. He said he'd sent Jules all of his latest tunes aswell - but Jules didn't like his new sound.

Although his new sound is "Cheeky" i find it has a lot of "oomph" which i would have thought Jules would have gone for. It's definately the sound someone like Kutski would play though.

Jules is odd with the tunes he supports. He hasn't really been playing much Richard Durand stuff lately has he?

Jules seems to go through phases where he'll support a producer, get them well known and get them remix/production work, then wont bother supporting them anymore once they have "made it". I think he's doing this with Will Atkinson at the minute.

Blimey Chrissie, I thought I was a stalker! LOL

just joking

Edited by Number 2 fan

Jules is odd with the tunes he supports. He hasn't really been playing much Richard Durand stuff lately has he?

Jules seems to go through phases where he'll support a producer, get them well known and get them remix/production work, then wont bother supporting them anymore once they have "made it". I think he's doing this with Will Atkinson at the minute.

Jules has been playing Durand's two most recent tunes mate - Predator vs Cha Cha and also his remix of Art Of Trance - Madagascar. It was early on that Jules ignored Durand's tunes - he missed the best ones such as Lethal Industry, etc.

Jules has always been the same with a lot of producers - he ignores their work until he becomes "pally pally" with them - and then all of a sudden, he starts caning their tunes - even their weaker ones.

Anyway, Fabio Stein sentme his latest promo today. Its a remix of Nick Larson - Push, and its going to be released in March. Fabio has gone back to his old sound again because he feels that works better for him - so I reckon Jules might play this on this weeks show. Its pretty decent actually - but not quite up there with Tran-4 and his remix of Mainx - 88 To Piano. I definately prefer Fabio's old sound though over the slower style he switched to last year.

The only julesy special I liked was the Chilis sampling one which he didnt play for very long at all compared to the other ones.

My god that was rubbish. I hate any of these trance/tech remakes of chart tracks. They're made for one thing only and that is to grab the attention of the 'less educated' clubbers that don't know most of the proper tracks.

That 'Jealous Guys - Mr. Brightside' one was especially bad. Me & my mate used to stop dead in a club, almost in protest, whenever it was played. Snow patrol.... need I go on?

I liked the Karl G version of 'Speed of Sound' and SVD's 'Sun Goes Down' but that's the lot.

Edited by Uberduck