Simcut

1999-02-12 - Judge Jules, Studio Session

View File

01. Invisible Man - 'Give A Little Love (Judge Jules Meets Mr Smith) [serious]

02. Lennie De Ice - 'We Are I.E.' (Johan S Filterman E-Dub) [Distinct'ive]

03. Moonlightaz - 'Word Up' [white label]

04. Underworld - 'Push Upstairs' [Junior Boy's Own]

05. Junior O - 'Echo Vibes' (The Story Of O) [Narcotic Records]

06. Puerto Rican Mob, The - 'Come On Girls' (The Soundtrack EP) [Episode Records]

07. Jedi Knights - 'Time Machine (Return Of The Jedis)' [white label: MAY4THBWITHU]

08. Roland Klinkenberg - 'Inner Laugh' [sim]

09. Ian Pooley - 'Rock Da Discoteque' (Daft Punk Mix) [AV8]

10. MC Bass - 'Louder!' [Mo'Bizz Recordings]

11. Yomanda - 'Synth & Strings' [Manifesto]

12. StoneBridge - 'All Nite Long' (Stockholm Sound Clash Vol. 1) [stoney Boy Music]

13. Ruff Driverz Presents Arrola - 'La Musica' (Untidy Dub) [inferno]

14. Kulay - 'Burn' (Judge Jules Mix) [iNCredible]

15. DJ Manta - 'Holding On' (Original Mix) [Alien Recordings]

16. Unknown - 'Unknown' [white label]

17. Unknown - 'This World' [white label]

18. Faithless - Bring My Family Back (Jan Driver Mix) [Cheeky]

19. Johnny Shaker - Pearl River (Vocal Mix) [Low Sense]

Half Hour Mix

20. Lovechild - 'Liberta' (Moonman Mix) [Neo]

21. Jark Prongo - 'Movin Thru Your System' (Dave Clarke Mix) [Hooj Choons]

22. Friends Of Matthew - 'Out There' (Lange Mix) [Perfect World]

23. ATB - '9pm (Till I Come)' (Signum Mix) [Data Records]

24. Summer Madness - 'Feeling Good' [iT Records]

25. Fire & Ice - 'What You Are For Me' [XTC]

26. DJ Wag - 'Man On The Moon' (DJ Scot Project Remix) [Overdose]

• Submitter
  • Submitted
    01/04/2009
  • Category

Edited by Simcut

My picks for best tracks on this show are:-

02. Lennie De Ice - 'We Are I.E.' (Johan S Filterman E-Dub) [Distinct'ive]

05. Junior O - 'Echo Vibes' (The Story Of O) [Narcotic Records]

09. Ian Pooley - 'Rock Da Discoteque' (Daft Punk Mix) [AV8]

20. Lovechild - 'Liberta' (Moonman Mix) [Neo]

24. Summer Madness - 'Feeling Good' [iT Records]

25. Fire & Ice - 'What You Are For Me' [XTC]

Awesome stuff :)

Oh no it's doing it again just coz I'm re-reading it, even la musica which I weren't too bothered about at the time, now my hands are going all jellified!!!

I'm so glad I was around to catch Jules at this time and around this time, best clubbing days of my life!!!

That half hour mix is simply amazing. I've listened to this show and would whole heartidly recommend y'all download it. If only for the half hour mix. It makes me so sad listening to these old shows. Sad, that these times will never return, sad that music won't be as good again, sad that i'm not 18 anymore. But then, they make me glad that i started clubbing and was part of the whole scene back then. I know it sounds cliche, but kids just breaking into the scene today will never get to hear these amazing tunes in a club. Friends Of Matthew "Out There" (Lange Remix) is, still in my eyes, Lange's finest production. It's simply amazing and i'll never forget hearing Jules play this at crasher. Also, the Signum mix of ATB. That breakdown is beautiful. The mixing in that half hour mix is superb aswell - not a duffer in sight or sound.

Its hard to imagine this is 10 years ago. Just listening to this CD takes me back. I can't believe how everything has changed in that time. Not just musically but things like the place i live etc.

Thanks Simcut for the Ups. I'd love to know what Jules' opinion is on listening to these old shows.

I feel the same way as you Krump, I am sooooooo glad I was there, but I also think was it just a special time, or will the kids breaking into it now, have tunes from NOW as their special tunes in years to some.

1999 was f***ing awesome though, IMO, I did think it was just memories etc but the more I re-listen to my stuff from that year and around, but mainly that actual year, my whole body just melts to the music. I can remember specific nights out where I heard certain tunes, and they are the best memories of clubbing I'll ever have.

Jules was GOD in 1999 I reckon!

MrKrump aka Moonman, I wholeheartedly agree with your comments sir.

All hail Sir Simcut for providing such audio, and Sir Jules for being a legend - the reason why we're all still here harking on about it 10 years later. :)

Edited by Quadrant

I feel the same way as you Krump, I am sooooooo glad I was there, but I also think was it just a special time, or will the kids breaking into it now, have tunes from NOW as their special tunes in years to some.

1999 was f***ing awesome though, IMO, I did think it was just memories etc but the more I re-listen to my stuff from that year and around, but mainly that actual year, my whole body just melts to the music. I can remember specific nights out where I heard certain tunes, and they are the best memories of clubbing I'll ever have.

Jules was GOD in 1999 I reckon!

I was 18 in 1999 so timed it perfect. I remember working every night after college (a levels) for 4 hours to save up for tunes and lost weekends. I used to get paid weekly aswell so it never lasted long. I used to get £120.00 a week, more than nearly all my mates! I used to spend about £30 a week on vinyl, about £20 train tickets to get to sheffield and about £40-50 on going out. Cos i worked on saturdays i used to have to finish work at 1800hrs, grab clothes, get my mates rounded up and we'd get the earliest train we could. Of course, we always had Jules saturday show on the walkman whilst heading up to Sheffield, Media or to Cream. I have fond memories of literally being a vegetable on the way home though and seeing the other people that had been out clubbing with disco dirted up "wookies" (remember them?) and what not, they were some tired moments, but god they were special times, i sorely miss them.

Moonman where are people like you now? They've all disappeared, probably got families and stuff I guess?

The 1980s were great when I first got into going out but you account still makes me jealous you timed it so right - what a time to get into dance music :)

Moonman where are people like you now? They've all disappeared, probably got families and stuff I guess?

The 1980s were great when I first got into going out but you account still makes me jealous you timed it so right - what a time to get into dance music :)

Quadrant how old are you?