Gatecrasher_2009, Saturday 31st January, O2 Academy, Sheffield

I bought it for my CDJ's along with 'T. Raumschmiere - The Game Is Not Over'. When I'm having a mix in my room and your in one of those moods where you want to play the hardest stuff you've got, these always get a run!!

Oh, I also play a couple of tracks off the 'Woody McBride - Basketball Hero's EP' when I'm in Picotto mood. 'I Am a Psychic' and 'The Birdman'.

Whoop whoop.

Gatecrasher_2009 Competitions - Win Tickets, Cds, T-Shirts & More

COMPETITION ONE!!!

Win 2 x Tickets for Gatecrasher_2009. And when you’ve partied hard, enjoy free accommodation at Sheffield’s Premier Inn courtesy of Gatecrasher.

Click Here for full competition and entry details:

http://www.gatecrasher.com/sheffield/janua...etitions/gc2009

Click Here for full event details:

http://www.gatecrasher.com/sheffield/january2009

Good Luck

COMPETITION TWO!!!

Jon O’Bir ‘From Within’ Out Now

Described by Mixmag as ‘this is how trance was meant to be: beautiful bosh that takes you to another place’, Jon O’Bir’s debut album is out to buy now and one that you definitely don’t want to miss

Win a Jon O’Bir ‘From Within’ goody bag

Prize includes a signed copy of Jon’s debut album, as well as a ‘From Within’ T-Shirt and stickers and postcards

Click here for full competition info and entry details:

http://www.gatecrasher.com/sheffield/janua...titions/jonobir

www.jonobir.com

www.freshdjs.co.uk

www.vandit.com

Good Luck!!!

I AM TRYING TO ENTER AND IT'S NOT LETTING ME

Btw does anybody ever win these competitions, and if they do why don't I, afterall I well deserve it!

What a load of tosh if this is supposed to be promotional and good PR for Crasher, it aint!!!! It's getting on my t**s!

Edited by Number 2 fan

I AM TRYING TO ENTER AND IT'S NOT LETTING ME

Btw does anybody ever win these competitions, and if they do why don't I, afterall I well deserve it!

What a load of tosh if this is supposed to be promotional and good PR for Crasher, it aint!!!! It's getting on my t**s!

There's a link at the bottom of their message to enter the comp :oddcake: !

COMPETITION ONE!!!

Win 2 x Tickets for Gatecrasher_2009. And when you’ve partied hard, enjoy free accommodation at Sheffield’s Premier Inn courtesy of Gatecrasher.

Click Here for full competition and entry details:

http://www.gatecrasher.com/sheffield/janua...etitions/gc2009

COMPETITION TWO!!!

Click here for full competition info and entry details:

http://www.gatecrasher.com/sheffield/janua...titions/jonobir

Their website say's answers on a postcard please so maybe just email them? :huh:

LOL that's ok then! :D Although I swear no one won the top 100 dance tunes in mixmag when I entered. If they did it was someone who worked there!

A ha got it now. To enter all you have to do is answer the following question and email your answer to comps@gatecrasher.co.uk along with your full name, contact number and date of birth.

It did just say answers on a postcard though at the bottom.

Edited by Number 2 fan

Plane, Train or Automobile – How are you getting to Gatecrasher_2009?

Whether you live in Sheffield City Centre or are form Down Under

Click Here for full details on travel info: http://www.gatecrasher.com/sheffield/birthday/coaches/

Partied hard and need somewhere to crash?

Check out exclusive Gatecrasher hotel rates.

Click here for more info: http://www.gatecrasher.com/sheffield/birthday/Accommodation

Gatecrasher Catch up with Sander Va Doorn

image-2.jpg

GC: Hi Sander How are you?

SVD: I am very well.

GC: What have you been upto recently?

SVD: I´ve been really busy in the studio finishing a lot of new productions ready for the coming year and doing a few radio mixes for the weeks to come.

GC: You have recently remixed for Robbie Williams how did that come about?

SVD: I came about one of the album tracks of Robbie´s last album called `We´re the Pet Shop Boys` which I really liked, especially a particular vocal part in it that I felt I could do a new mix on, so I started working on that mix and when the track was finished I got in contact with Robbie´s management. They loved the mix as did Robbie himself so one thing let to the other and it actually turned out to become a versus project.

GC: You have had many hit records which have been received well from all the top DJs. Can you tell us the creative process for making tracks?

SVD: I always just start with a blank screen and make little parts of rhythm and add sounds to it until I feel I´ve got enough to work with and then build a track.

GC: It’s been a while since you graced us with your presence behind the Gatecrasher decks. What can the Gatecrasher crowd expect from you?

SVD: I´ve got a lot of new stuff which I´m looking forward to road testing. Besides that I´ve got a few new edits and mixes so plenty of stuff to play out.

GC: Have you always wanted to be a DJ?

SVD: Actually my dream originally was to become a producer, but since I´ve got used to the travelling I wouldn´t trade the dj-ing for anything in the world.

GC: What / Who are your main influences?

SVD: Marco V has always been a big influence as well as Moby. I also get a lot of inspiration from Eric Prydz, Steve Angello and Sebastian Ingrosso.

GC: If you weren’t a DJ,what would you be?

SVD: I would probably still be working for my brother buying aluminium products.

GC: What are you top 5 tracks at the moment?

SVD: 1. Simon Patterson – Thump

2. Joni Ljungqvist - Don't Fall On Purpose

3. Thomas_Bronzwaer_-_Certitude

4. Laidback Luke - _Shake It Down_Original Mix

5. Thomas Sagstad & Tyler Michaud - Renegades (Mat Zo Remix)

GC: What would be your perfect gig?

SVD: A big venue with a good soundsystem, a low dj booth and of course a great crowd.

GC: Did you make any New Years resolutions this year?

SVD: My only resolution was to quit smoking but that didn´t really work out.

GC: Did you make any New Years resolutions this year?

SVD: My only resolution was to quit smoking but that didn´t really work out.

:lol::lol: Obviously had a good go at that seen as though it's only just the end of the first month. The problem with people stopping smoking is that you have to actually want to stop. Most just feel guilty about doing it and say it for the sake of making a resolution. They never intend on keeping that resolution if they're honest :rolleyes: .

I did it. Last year. It weren't my resolution it was because I couldn't afford a condenser dryer, so I had to, I have a condenser dryer now, and SKY+ and a better sense of smell and taste, haven't had a cold yet this winter. AND..........I don't have to stand outside my own house like a leppar!

I wasn't saying it can't be done. I smoked from the age of 12 to 20 but no longer participate in the 'stand outside and get soaking for a fag' crew. Was so easy stopping. Just woke up one day and decided I didn't want to smoke anymore so I didn't. It was never an addiction, just a bad habbit. I did get a bit twitchy for a few days but I've been through worse.