Number2Fan

After many years of hearing about this service, I today resorted to trying it out, I was sceptical, but NO JOKE it texted me the answer I needed within about 2 seconds of me hanging up, I only rang them for a moment because I doubted it would even know any less popular dance tunes from the past!!

Anyway, what I wanted to know is..........HOW the f*** does that work??? I thought it would need some time!!! :huh:

Can we use it to get some of our unknown - unknowns ID'd?

There is a facebook application for Shazams service, if that's of interest to anyone?

After many years of hearing about this service, I today resorted to trying it out, I was sceptical, but NO JOKE it texted me the answer I needed within about 2 seconds of me hanging up, I only rang them for a moment because I doubted it would even know any less popular dance tunes from the past!!

Anyway, what I wanted to know is..........HOW the f*** does that work??? I thought it would need some time!!! :huh:

Can we use it to get some of our unknown - unknowns ID'd?

There is a facebook application for Shazams service, if that's of interest to anyone?

Shazam is the dogs danglies! We used to do a pub quiz, and at the end, there was a music part. We used to cheat and use Shazam. It cost us a fair bit though at £1.50 a text! lol.

Its pretty clever but its not foolproof - it doesn't know every tune, particularly the less common tunes, so it often comes back saying it doesn't know - or it tells you the wrong song.

Well it only seemed to cost me 40p coz I checked after, and it offered me 2.00 per month sorta subscription thing with unlimited use, that sound quite good.

How does it work?

Thats pretty good then! They've dropped their charges loads since we used to use it then :D

I've no idea how it works - but its pretty clever!

How does it work?

Simply download ShazamiD to your mobile… open the application… click 'iD now'… hold your phone towards the music and let Shazam work it out.

Shazam listens to the track and compares it to its database of over 5 million tracks to find a matching "audio fingerprint". Once it's got enough of a sample to find a match you get the info (the track name and artist - called an iD) back together with cover art, artist biog, reviews and recommendations AND the result appears in your iD List on your Facebook page as well!

Alternatively, you can try it out by dialling 2580 (if you're in the UK) to get the track and artist details back as a text message… and if you add to Facebook app you still get your discoveries in your iD list on your own profile page.

Try it now…

Add the Facebook app, then simply DIAL 2580 down the middle of your keypad and point your phone at the music.

(DIAL 2580 is a UK only service. Successful iD of a song is charged at 50p per recognition plus an intial call charge which is network and tariff dependent, but usually no more than 12p).

SORTED!!!

PS I only dialled it coz someone was on my computer at the time I was getting annoyed about the ID!

Has anyone Id'd that last track on my secret santa mix yet?

Edited by Number 2 fan

Flip.. phillip..ahh :lol: this morning, good stuff.... Cant stand Fern Cotton

maybe i should just go back to bed and get better turns out i dont have pnuemonia again which is bloodey good but feels kinda like on the way to what would be it if I werent on these medication i been prescribed today