My first solo production (in progress)

Well a few days ago I had a record label ask me to remix a song of theirs for them. I agreed, and started to put together a tune, but then I thought it would be easier if I had a sample pack for the tune they want remixing rather than doing what I can with a full MP3. Because of this I just carried on and as a result I am getting to the point of having a proper original production let loose.

It's sort of at the mid-stage I think. I would like to add some more but what I have so far has been made over 2 days, and I feel there is no need to rush through.

I also have no title for this, so it will be cool to read some suggestions because I have no decent ideas in my head yet. Hopefully after a listen of what I have made so far you will all have some ideas? ...

[hide_me]http://www.4shared.com/file/80000377/517c24fd/Simon_Ross_-_Untitled__Work_In_Progress_.html[/hide_me]

Your thoughts are quite important to me, and I don't have this uploaded anywhere else so I will have no other feedback. I just hope to God people actually like it :lol: (don't let that sway what you say though).

Edited by simonross46

Well a few days ago I had a record label ask me to remix a song of theirs for them. I agreed, and started to put together a tune, but then I thought it would be easier if I had a sample pack for the tune they want remixing rather than doing what I can with a full MP3. Because of this I just carried on and as a result I am getting to the point of having a proper original production let loose.

It's sort of at the mid-stage I think. I would like to add some more but what I have so far has been made over 2 days, and I feel there is no need to rush through.

I also have no title for this, so it will be cool to read some suggestions because I have no decent ideas in my head yet. Hopefully after a listen of what I have made so far you will all have some ideas? ...

[ Hidden part. View original post. ]

Your thoughts are quite important to me, and I don't have this uploaded anywhere else so I will have no other feedback. I just hope to God people actually like it :lol: (don't let that sway what you say though).

Im confused?? why are you thinking of a name for it if a record company asked you to remix it????

Im confused?? why are you thinking of a name for it if a record company asked you to remix it????

Because, by the sounds of what he typed, he started doing a remix, but then he started to do his own thing with it - so it then became a completely different tune. He must have gone back to the remix of the other tune using the samples that the label sent him. Is that right Simon?

As for a name - call it 'Simon vs Ross - Primera Producción' - which means First Production in Spanish.

Now you're asking why Simon vs Ross eh? Well, if you send it to Jules, and he see's the "vs" between the names, he'll think its a bootleg so then it'll be guaranteed to be played on his show. Genius eh? :P

Edited by Briggsy

Uberduck: Thanks for downloading ... I hope it doesn't waste any of your time.

Ken: Not a problem fella lol, but yeah it started as a remix then I did take it into my own hands. I don't think it will work well as a remix for the track I am given anyway since what I have to work with is proper uplifting trance (not looking forward to it lol)

Briggsy: That title does actually look rather cool to me. I think if I send this to Jules I will call the email 'Arnej vs Laid Bare Bootleg' so he will definately look :P

Krump: I don't even know what to say to that :lol:

Jason: I'm glad you think it's alright. Your thoughts were what worried me most since you haven't been so keen on the tunes I've worked on so far! :lol: Cheers for listening.

Number 2: What does that title mean? haha Nothing rude I hope! I hope you enjoy the track.

ASK BURIEN!

I will, I am in such a bad mood tonight though I daren't play it, coz I'll just think nasty things and write nasty things even when I don't want to!!

Edited by Number 2 fan

• 3 weeks later...

Thank you very much Mr Hann :thumbsup: I was working on this a bit more last night and it now has a melody which builds through the break, I'm going to put up a full version in a seperate thread when I think it is ready ... and I'm quite scared of what people will think of the final product, but as a first I am pleased :)

ASK BURIEN!

I will, I am in such a bad mood tonight though I daren't play it, coz I'll just think nasty things and write nasty things even when I don't want to!!

it means the paper of simon ross

I will do some final tinkering then just finish it and move on to something new lol. I would like to leave it in a worthy 'finished' state, then I just need to get hold of yours and Rob's remixes :D :thumbsup: (don't feel under pressure to get yours sorted cos I know you are busy on other projects)