The "lets get to know our fellow members" thread....

Briggsy

We've had a few new faces on here recently, so I reckon we ought to have a "lets get to know each other" thread. So, i'll start things off to get the ball rolling. Feel free to skip any bits you don't feel happy sharing:

Name: Carl

Qualifications: Qualified 2D CAD-CAM designer (yawn! - not by choice). Currently one week away from being a qualified IT technician.

Hobbies/Interests: DJ'ing, clubbing, karting, computers, running websites.

Favourite sports: Football, cricket.

MUSIC RELATED

Favourite type of dance music: Driving melodic Trance or Tech-Trance/Hard-Trance is where my heart is, but I also like the harder side of funky Techno.

Favourite non-dance music: UB40, R.E.M, Phil Collins.

Which DJ(s) got you into DJ'ing/clubbing: Ferry Corsten originally, then I preferred Jules's style more and thats where it all began for me.

More recent favourite DJs: Richard Durand, Eddie Halliwell, Marcel Woods, Markus Schulz & Barry Connell before he sadly died :(

Which DJ(s) do you dislike with a passion: Above & Beyond, Tim Westwood.

Favourite label: Discover or reset/Spinnin'

Most hated label: Anjunabeats

ABOUT YOU

I'd like to think i'm a friendly person. I'm quite nervous and quiet around people when I first meet them due to low confidence, which people often mistake for arrogance (i'm far from arrogant), but once you get to know me, i'm quite down to earth. I like to have a laugh and joke and enjoy a bit of banter - however, I can have phases where I feel a bit down so I keep myself to myself and tend to stay clear of people because I go quiet and miserable.

WERE YOU SEPERATED AT BIRTH FROM A CELEBRITY? (ie, do you look like anyone famous)

Yes, one of the PG Tips chimps.

NAME ONE THING YOU'RE GOOD AT

Karting. There's not many things i'm confident with, but karting is one exception. I'm usually first or second in a race and regret starting at a younger age - who knows where it may have lead to.

TELL US SOMETHING ABOUT YOU THAT NOT MANY PEOPLE KNOW

I used to play the tenor 'drum' in a steel band when I was younger. I also used to play the keyboard and piano. I also tried to learn to play the violin, but had to quit because I have double-jointed little fingers, so my finger used to bend back and the bow used to slip out of my hand! (seriously!).

Edited by Briggsy

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great Thread mate, here's my answers, be good to get some of the newbies in on this as well as people that may not post as much as others (like myself!)

Name: Attila

Qualifications: Journalism Degree

Hobbies/Interests: Music, Gigs, Films, Reading, Travelling

Favourite sports: Not a very sporty person tbh but I will watch a bit of footie from time to time.

MUSIC RELATED

Favourite type of dance music: Trance

Favourite non-dance music: More or less everything else, I love stuff from The Streets to Madonna, Kylie, Take That, Fratellis, Kings of Leon....loads and loads! I go to about 20 gigs a year so a pretty varied mix!

Which DJ(s) got you into DJ'ing/clubbing: Prob Pete Tong when I started listening to the Essential Selection back in 94, started clubbing at Slinky in 98.

More recent favourite DJs: Above & Beyond, Ferry Corsten, Marcel Woods, Markus Schulz, Simon Patterson

Which DJ(s) do you dislike with a passion: Hmm...cant think of many tbh as I avoid DJs I know I will find boring or dont play my style...Mauro Picotto is pretty dull though

Favourite label: Not really a label head anymore since I stopped DJing myself, if a tune is good I like it regardless of the label

Most hated label: See above

ABOUT YOU

I'm a pretty happy-go-lucky kinda chap, just try and enjoy life on a day to day basis, some days thats easier than others. Despite not having many friends into trance I still try and go clubbing as much as poss, even on my own sometimes. My folks live in Holland so I try and visit them when possible, and sometimes combine it with a festival over there, hehe! I enjoy my work although it's about as far removed from what I studied as possible, the people I work with make it worthwhile, we have a good laugh in what can sometimes be a tough job.

WERE YOU SEPERATED AT BIRTH FROM A CELEBRITY? (ie, do you look like anyone famous)

Hmm, possibly Noel Gallagher due to my hairy eyebrows, an ex-girlfriend liked them as an Oasis fan, quite funny at the time....the similarities end there tho!

Making people smile

hehe..not sure I'd want to share that in public ;)

Name: Tom

Occupation: Data Analyst/Customer Services Co-ordinator/DJ dependent upon which day of the week you get me

Qualifications: English BA (Hons)

Hobbies/Interests: DJ'ing, Clubbing, Sports, Fitness.

Favourite sports: Football, Cricket, NFL, Swimming

MUSIC RELATED

Favourite type of dance music: Progressive dance music (I include prog house, prog trance, tech house & all the other pidgeonholes)

Favourite non-dance music: Rock & Indie

Which DJ(s) got you into DJ'ing/clubbing: Judge Jules, Pete Tong, PvD

More recent favourite DJs: Markus Schulz, Sasha, Niklas Harding, Andrew Bennett, Jody Wisternoff

Which DJ(s) do you dislike with a passion: I don't really dislike anyone on a personal level but generally dubstep DJs grate on me due to the music they play being s***

Favourite label: Coldharbour, Neuroscience, Pilot 6

Most hated label: If a good track comes out on any label I'll play it

ABOUT YOU

I'm an all round legend whom everyone should attempt to meet, I'm also very modest ;)

<Insert ginger joke here>

Swimming, I know an awful lot of the Beijing Olympic swim squad personally having competed against a good deal of them when I was younger. I was lucky enough to go to national championships & other prestigious events.

I'm partially colour blind

Name: Simon Ross

Qualifications: Close to 20 GCSE's all A* - C, and an AS-Level in History ... currently studying A-Levels in Art, Graphics with Materials Technology, and Media. Soon to be doing a course in Audio Production and Radio Broadcasting at University.

Hobbies/Interests: DJ'ing, photorealistic drawing, cars/driving

Favourite sports: Nothing that involves masses of energy ... darts, snooker, motorsport

MUSIC RELATED

Favourite type of dance music: Currently tech-trance ... anything with a dark and dirty bassline will do for me. I will gladly listen to uplifiting/euphoric trance, and also a bit of electro as a splash of something different

Favourite non-dance music: Mainly RnB, again something with good bass, which RnB often delivers. It's normally the cheesey stuff that nobody else likes.

Which DJ(s) got you into DJ'ing/clubbing: It was when I listened to Tiesto's 'ISOS 2' that I though "I could do this"

More recent favourite DJs: Recent interests for me are Genix, John Gibbons, and Richard Durand

Which DJ(s) do you dislike with a passion: Any DJ who plays or produces happy happy hardcore. Also local club DJ's who fill the spaces I really want to be in.

Favourite label: Never really paid attention to labels myself

Most hated label: Same as above

ABOUT YOU

I'm a very happy and friendly young man who (I believe) is very easy to talk to when approached. Always willing to help others when possible, and often go out of my way to do so. I have a slightly weird sense of humour, but nothing that people can't enjoy, it just takes a bit of getting used to. Strangely, I don't like following whatever is popular at the time, so if I really enjoy something and masses of people pick up on it I am soon turned away to something else (the mass uproar of interest in Tiesto recently is a classic example. Youth's saying they love his music when they know nothing of it puts me off greatly). DJ'ing wise, I started about 4 years ago now when I downloaded my much loved copy of 'Virtual DJ 3'. I started making bootlegs a year later (when a mix went on for too long ... and I then decided to start both tracks at the same time for fun).

That handsome guy ... oh what was his name? :rolleyes:;)

Drawing has to be my speciality. After spending a good amount of hours on a piece I like to think I can make it look like a photograph. Hand me any old HB pencil and I will put it to good use without a doubt. There aren't any other aspects of art which I am good at though, because I have only ever practiced with my pencils - www.simonross46.deviantart.com

Something that not many people know? I have a cuddly toy of 'Noddy' which I used to take everywhere until my teens because it was a gift to me when I was born. I still have it hidden away, but the affection I had for it is not quite as it once was :lol:

Edited by simonross46

Name: Chris

Qualifications: BSc (Hons) Information Systems, 3 A Levels, 1 A/S and 11 GCSEs (A* - C)

Hobbies/Interests: DJ'ing, Technology and Electronics, TV Shows such as; Dexter, Lost, Heroes, Prison Break and Supernatural - was a huge fan of X Files too, Reading and academic interests in; Astonomy and Physics, Pyschology, Sociobiology,

Favourite sports: Football and Snooker (playing), Watching F1 :)

MUSIC RELATED

Favourite type of dance music: Trance (all forms, but mainly uplifting), bit of Tech-Trance/Hard-Trance. Don't mind playing a bit of funky trance/house and have a few techno sets under my belt :)

Favourite non-dance music: Michael Jackson, Dido, The Killers, Coldplay and BBC Radio 1 and 4 podcasts :)

Which DJ(s) got you into DJ'ing/clubbing: Judge Jules - in particular the release of the Clubbed series followed by Ferry Corsten and the Trance Nation series.

More recent favourite DJs: Judge Jules, Eddie Halliwell and Yoji Biomehanika

Which DJ(s) do you dislike with a passion: Tim Westwood

Favourite label: Too many - I could also do my own slots of label samplers :)

Most hated label: N/A

ABOUT YOU

Generally outgoing, active and would like to think I can relate to most people and get on with people at all levels. Enjoy my music with a passion, following my hobbies and keeping in touch and catching up with friends. Like most foods and drinks.

Someone once told me Cesc Fabregas and also Sucre (from Prison Break)

All of hobbies and would like to think good at my job too :)

TELL US SOMETHING ABOUT YOU THAT NOT MANY PEOPLE KNOW (on here...)

Rapidly developed typical male pattern baldness whilst going through university... :(:o:rolleyes:

Edited by Aza

Name: Stu

Qualifications: A Levels, GCSE's

Hobbies/Interests: Djing, Star Trek (The Original Series mainly), music, football, cars

Favourite sports: Football, Snooker - both watching and playing, Tennis - watching.

MUSIC RELATED

Favourite type of dance music: House mainly, Trance aswell.

Favourite non-dance music: anything!; Justin Timberlake, Metallica, Green Day, Oasis, Stone Roses and loads of 80's stuff... Bette Davis Eyes, Nu Shooz "I Can't Wait", Human League, etc etc

Which DJ(s) got you into DJ'ing/clubbing: Busta Brooker (from an old radio station here called Vibe FM) and Judge Jules.

More recent favourite DJs: Judge Jules, Laidback Luke, Pete Tong, A-Trak, James Zabiela

Which DJ(s) do you dislike with a passion: cheesy Luminar DJ's

Favourite label: loads, 8 years ago i'd have said Nukleuz Green, but now i quite like Bad & Dirty. They put out a lot of the Twocker stuff.

Most hated label: N/A

ABOUT YOU

A good all round egg, with a serious weakness for girls. I'm quite outgoing, sociable, and love a good night out with the lads. I'm also the owner of some rather big hair at the minute which seems to amaze people at work for some reason. Oh yeah, i have loads of tattoos.

The very first person i stopped in my current job, was a pair of 17 year old girls and the first thing they said to me was "God he looks like Deano from Eastenders". I have no idea who he is so cant comment. Although when i shave my head, i've been told Callum Best. It all depends on my hairstyling i think (which at the minute is very very long). I personally think i look like neither.

Djing, memory for names and people etc, and my job i'd like to think!!!

TELL US SOMETHING ABOUT YOU THAT NOT MANY PEOPLE KNOW (on here...)

I can competently play guitar. Acoustic is what i prefer. I've got the horrible hard skin on my left fingertips due to play the guitar. It's weird, like i have no feeling in the fingertips now. I'm a pedant and i have OCD - i have to check the cooker is switched of about 6 times before i leave for work and the same with my car headlights - i cant help it! Oh, i secretly fancy the ginger one from Girls Aloud too.

Edited by Moonman

Name: Graham

Qualifications: BSc Chemical Engineering

Hobbies/Interests: Djing, Clubbing, Football, Golf, Squash, Snooker, Ice Hockey.

Favourite sports: Football, Ice Hockey, Women's volleyball.

MUSIC RELATED

Favourite type of dance music: House and techno, anything that gets my ass shaking.

Favourite non-dance music: There's not really a genre I don't like, as long as its decent I like everything from hip hop to rock, classical to jazz, and all sorts in between. My iPod on shuffle is a bit of an adventure!

Which DJ(s) got you into DJ'ing/clubbing: Bands like the KLF, the Shamen, Prodigy, Orbital and old hardcore etc got me into dance music in the first place, Jules, Mauro Picotto, Slam and Silicone Soul were the 1st couple of nights I went to.

More recent favourite DJs: Magda, Richie Hawtin, Ricardo Villalobos, Anja Schneider, Prins Thomas, Loco Dice, Harry and Domenic, Luciano, Martyn, Andy Weatherall, Steve Bug, Sven Vath, Slam, could go on for days.

Which DJ(s) do you dislike with a passion: Can't think of anyone, I just wouldn't go and see someone I disliked.

Favourite label: Cocoon, Kompact, Minus, Oslo, Perlon, Trapez, Soma, Bpitch, Raum, Poker Flat.

Most hated label: Crappy internet labels that exist purely to release s*** generic music, and thus make it longer to sift through all of said s*** to find decent stuff.

ABOUT YOU

I'm nice enough, friendly to pretty much everyone, but at the same time I'm not scared of speaking my mind in a second if I disagree. Plodding through life at the moment still pretty much not knowing what I want to do. Was a chef til last year, but took an entirely different direction for more money.

Good fun to go out with I'd say, but I'm defo one for a Friday night lasting til Monday morning! No pain no gain.

I hate filling these bits out cos to be honest I don't have a fecking clue what to say.

penfold.gif

But I still have hair

Ice Hockey, played for Scotland when I was younger!

One of my favourite songs ever is Kylie - Confide in Me :redface: :redface:

Name: Simon

Qualifications: Err, I can use a computer? :P

Hobbies/Interests: Music, clubbing, computers, going to gigs, TV, Films

Favourite sports: Football, Motor Racing

MUSIC RELATED

Favourite type of dance music: Uplifting Trance but not overly fluffy.

Favourite non-dance music: Indie music

Which DJ(s) got you into DJ'ing/clubbing: Judge Jules/Scott Bond/My sister's ex-boyfriend DJ

More recent favourite DJs: Ronski Speed, Stoneface & Terminal, Kyau & Albert, Aza (had to throw you in!) :P

Which DJ(s) do you dislike with a passion: Female DJ's who are hired for their breasts rather than their skills.....oh and Paul Oakenfold post-2001.

Favourite label: Tough to choose but hmm, got to be Bonzai Records I think

Most hated label: All Around The World....releasing s*** in musical form since early 2000!

ABOUT YOU

Very warming person who cares about others more than himself, too nice for his own good. Depressed a lot but tries not to let it show, always makes an effort to help others. Can be quite shy and takes a while to get to know.

No.

Remembering stuff? Also good at impressions apparently, and singing also apparently!

When I were a young lad (I've gone all northern!) I used to have an obsession with cuddly toy hedgehogs, I was only small, I have like 30-35 of them cuddly toy hedgehogs in my loft! And I used to rest my head and sleep on the side of a cuddly sheep (to use it as a third pillow) when I was young too :P

Edited by Simcut

dirtier than a tramps vest.

i get camping eyes in the final hour,

last minuite shoppers picking cauliflower,

The fuss they make, you'd swear they were buying a car

They always moan, moan it's not so cheap

Cheaper still, cheaper still down the street

Lose my rag and tell them take your bag and shop down there

Closing down, they're closing down another road

One way, system steals the show

Mac the knife swigs a can and sings the day away

There's more life, more life, more life in a tramp's vest