The "lets get to know our fellow members" thread....

Briggsy

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Name: Lynn

Qualifications: GCSE's in Art, French, Science, Maths, Geography, English and Home Economics. Studies a Level Art, Geography, french, English but never finished the exams. Also studied TV and Radio studies at college!

Hobbies/Interests: Chatting on the internet, Playing music, Dancing, looking after lots of cats!

Favourite sports: Figure and Ice Skating.

MUSIC RELATED

Favourite type of dance music: Trance mainly, bit of Techno-ish stuff, Hard House, Old Skool, Happy Hardcore, electro and progressive, probably in that order!

Favourite non-dance music: Depeche Mode are my absolute favourite then Marc Almond, Take That, Madonna, Genesis, Calvin Harris, Bit of Elvis, Radiohead, REM, PPrrrft! Hot chip. Loads in fact too many to mention here.

Which DJ(s) got you into DJ'ing/clubbing: A DJ called Rich B who used to play at a club near here, that was when I realised that clubbing wasn't like it is in the RITZY nightclubs in town, He made me a tape, it was the most awesome tape ever and I played it for YEARS! In fact I just found him again on the internet bless. Vivien Markey also, used to play there. And the Legendary Tony de Vit! It was the best thing to happen to Kent ever, and some f***er burnt it down, it was a timber frame building, and now it's gone! :(

More recent favourite DJs: I like Jules and Eddie and Deadmau5 atm. I like MartyM too.

Which DJ(s) do you dislike with a passion: f***ING DAVE PEARCE! and Tim Westwood and Emma B, Sara Cox, that well boring radio one DJ who's name I forget because he is so boring!

Favourite label: Bonsai, Platipus, Neo, Tidy......dunno, whoever really

Most hated label: PWL

ABOUT YOU

Life has passed me by, but I concentrate my efforts on my children now, of which I have 3. I hope they not only grow up to be nice people and do well, I hope they are also happy along the way, and rich enough to look after me when I'm old, and remember all I've done for them. :) I am a big Judge Jules fan, but really I just love music and dancing, I also like the way that by being a clubber and Bedroom (dining room)DJ now, it's kinda like my secret life from all the other mums up the school! I did used to do mobile DJing when I was younger and spent the first 25 years of my life wanting to be a radio one DJ, circumstances got in the way.

I'm a cat whisperer!

WERE YOU SEPERATED AT BIRTH FROM A CELEBRITY? (ie, do you look like anyone famous)

Jimmy Saville

NAME ONE THING YOU'RE GOOD AT

Everything i do! OK then..............Cooking Roast Dinners

TELL US SOMETHING ABOUT YOU THAT NOT MANY PEOPLE KNOW

OMG NO WAY!!

OK I can read Palms! Hardly anyone knows that because although they think they don't beleive in it, THEY ALL still want you to do it all the time!! :)

I've been on TOTP's twice!

Edited by Number 2 fan

Name: Jason

Qualifications: 10-11 gcse's B-D gnvq intermediete IT pass

Hobbies/Interests: music djing wwe wrestling darts the sopranos

Favourite sports: Darts

MUSIC RELATED

Favourite type of dance music: Trance

Favourite non-dance music: I like bits of everything I spose rock in general The Bangles Ash Dio

Which DJ(s) got you into DJ'ing/clubbing: Jules Tong

More recent favourite DJs: I dont really listen to a large variety of shows so I spose A&B and fab & groove

Which DJ(s) do you dislike with a passion: there arent any really

Favourite label: Active or inactive? additive, Hooj and Xtravaganza in their prime currently though by my purchases would have to be Anjuna or Anjunadeep I spose

Most hated label: AATW for all their scouse shyte

ABOUT YOU

Im generally quite quiet around people I don't know used to be shy as hell and stick very much with my main small group of friends I known for bloodey years, Ive branch outa bit now what with working and that I'll talk to anyone

I'm one of these that doesnt dance either I loves me music but just doesnt dance in no clubs or owt

Not much to else me really!

WERE YOU SEPERATED AT BIRTH FROM A CELEBRITY? (ie, do you look like anyone famous)

You tell me

Being boring?! I don't really know

I couldve ended up a self employed builder and when I was younger I loved JCB's at one point even considered having a middle name added ha ha!

My grand father (mums father) was self employed builder and I wouldve joined him in the trade inherited the business when he retired, he died in 1995 though so it didnt happen.

Name: Justin

Qualifications: NVQ 2 +3 Carpentry & Joinery

Hobbies/Interests:

Favourite sports: Football & Boxing

MUSIC RELATED

Favourite type of dance music: Trance

Favourite non-dance music: I have recently got into a very varied array of music - Nu indie , Rock , DnB

Which DJ(s) got you into DJ'ing/clubbing: Jules & Tong

More recent favourite DJs: Zane Lowe

Which DJ(s) do you dislike with a passion: Dave Guetta

Favourite label: Active or inactive? Anjuna

Most hated label: AATW for all their scouse shyte

ABOUT YOU

Married with 2 girls aged 3 + 1 nearly, I have my own carpentry business. DJ`d for a bit for local clubs and promoted 2 seperate nights of my own. Recently got into Mixed Martial Arts (MMA Cage Fighting) and train in Brazilian Jui Jitsu , Muay Thai & Kick boxing - all my efforts are going into that at the minute and im hoping to take part in some inter club competitions in the middle of the year.

WERE YOU SEPERATED AT BIRTH FROM A CELEBRITY?

Cant think of anyone at the minute

Spending money i dont have......

Name: Matt Way

Qualifications: (BA Hons) Graphic Design (BTEC Diploma) Art & Design Foundation

Hobbies/Interests: DJ, Football, Darts, Golf, Gaming & Woman

Favourite sports: Football

MUSIC RELATED

Favourite type of dance music: Trance, Tech Trance, Drum & Bass and Party style house tunes

Favourite non-dance music: Hip Hop, Pop, Indie and Soul

Which DJ(s) got you into DJ'ing/clubbing: Carl Cox, Jeremy Healy and Judge Jules

More recent favourite DJs: Eddie Halliwell, Mark Eteson, SVD, John O'Callaghan and Dan Bailey

Which DJ(s) do you dislike with a passion: Dangerous Dave

Favourite label: Maelstrom, Liquid, CGI Records and Discover

Most hated label: Tidy Trax

ABOUT YOU

Been DJing now for over 10 years, got into DJing by a friend at college, who also managed to get me into playing a few nights in Bournemouth at some of the clubs that where around at the time. But now Im quite happy doing local events and parties in and around

Myself I'd say im a self styled type of guy, Who is my own worst enemy when its comes to winding myself up. I love going out and meeting new faces, I'd defo go as far as saying most people find me a very aproachable person, and is always game for a laugh.

Liam Howlett

Most Sports I'm a very competive person who NEVER likes to loose. I'm pretty good at most things I turn my hand too. So I've generalized my answer sorry. ;)

I reckon I have O.C.D cos my attention to detail is very Anal most of the time, Don't know how to investigate this further, maybe I'd not really like too. :whistling:

Name: Charlie Lane

Qualifications: None as yet

Hobbies/Interests: Football, DJ'ing, Tennis

Favourite sports: Football, tennis, cricket, darts anything really

MUSIC RELATED

Favourite type of dance music: Funky House, Uplifting Trance, Tech Trance

Favourite non-dance music: Red Hot Chili Peppers, Jamiroquai

Which DJ(s) got you into DJ'ing/clubbing: Judge Jules, The Cut Up Boys, Ferry Corsten

More recent favourite DJs: Judge Jules, Eddie Halliwell, John O Callaghan, Sander Van Doorn, Above & Beyond

Which DJ(s) do you dislike with a passion: Annie Mac, Pete Tong

Favourite label: Spinnin', Maelstrom, Discover, Big Star, Anjunabeats

Most hated label: Not Sure

ABOUT YOU

Not much to say here to be honest, from devon loves football played for Devon county past two years not anymore though. Love getting out and having a laugh with the lads n lasses, easy to get along with id like to think

WERE YOU SEPERATED AT BIRTH FROM A CELEBRITY? Tom Cruise :rolleyes: haha nah im not sure

Sport, definately an all rounder on that front

I love cats

Name: Martin Duckworth

Qualifications: Various Gcse's, Nvq in leisure and Tourism, I'll be honest i used to f*** about at school! lol

Hobbies/Interests: DJing, Football, My kids, Mates

Favourite sports: Football

MUSIC RELATED

Favourite type of dance music: Trance, Tech Trance, as well as f***y house, in regards to Funky house u cant beat the old funky house style tracks Jules used to play on his Saturday shows!

Favourite non-dance music: Will listen to anything within reason, but my love is Trance.

Which DJ(s) got you into DJ'ing/clubbing: Judge Jules, Pete Tong, Scott Bond, Paul Van Dyke and Paul Oakenfold.

More recent favourite DJs: Eddie Halliwell, Barry Connell, John O'Callaghan and my mate Jordan Suckley.

Which DJ(s) do you dislike with a passion: Tim Westwood.

Favourite label: Nukleuz Green and Bonzai back in the day were just untouchable! in recent times it would be Discover.

Most hated label: Anything to do with Westwood or what he plays!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ABOUT YOU

I have been DJing now for over 8 years, got into Jules in 1998, i used to listen to all Jules radio shows Friday and Saturday nites, and used to go clubbing at Bakers and Godskitchen when i was 16 to see Jules etc, i love going up and down the country when i can clubbing to Goodgreef and Crasher when i can. I am a caring, give it my all type of guy that tends to hide my feeling deep down, but would do anything to help people.

I have been told i look like Toby McGuire (The Guy Who Plays Spiderman) when i dont wear my glasses.

My job, Footballl and Djing.

Coventry City wanted me to sign professional forms but my Dad wouldnt let me, due to the fact i wouldnt be able to play Football for anyone else, plus with my Mates of the School.

Edited by Ducky

Name: Joel

Qualifications: B.S.c. (Hons) Aquaculture & Fisheries Management, HND Fisheries Studies, National Diploma Fisheries Studies (beat that for random!!)

Hobbies/Interests: DJ'ing, Wakeboarding, Surfing, Football (United of course!)

Favourite sports: See above

MUSIC RELATED

Favourite type of dance music: Tech Trance I suppose but I do play a bit of electro too.

Favourite non-dance music: Acoustic folk music :boohoo: but not the sort of Celtic folk you'd associate with hippies.

Which DJ(s) got you into DJ'ing/clubbing: Judge Jules, Fergie, Paul Oakenfold, Anne Savage (I used to prefer hard house)

More recent favourite DJs: To be honest I can't remember seeing anybody recently that totally blew me away but from mixes I've heard I'd say John O'Callaghan or Bryan Kearney for the use of their own remixes/edits and sensible use of effects/tricks.

Which DJ(s) do you dislike with a passion: Tim Westwood.

Favourite label: I agree with that Bonzai was the label of the times. Now I'd say High Contrast or Discover Dark.

Most hated label: Labels that represent any genre of chav dance music i.e. jumpstyle (seriously, what the f*** is this all about?)

ABOUT YOU

Hmm, not sure what I'm supposed to write here. Personality wise I'm pretty chilled and god knows what goes on in my head sometimes. DJ'ing wise, I've been playing since 2001. I am currently trying to get to grips with the endless possibilities of my EFX 1000 so I think my technical ability is still developing at quite a rate. I'm probably the only person on the board not to have posted a mix so that's my mission for next month or so <_< . Don't really like listening to dance music except when playing on my decks so mixes are a bit pointless except for self-promotion.

Rolf Harris. "Tie me kangaroo down sport, tie me kangaroo down".

Being a genius with all things water related. I should have been born with gills as my job and my two favourite hobbies all revolve arond it.

I'm a ninja :ninja:

Name: Christian

Occupation: Graduate Managment Trainee with Which? - Currently in New Product Development

Qualifications: BA (Hons) Management Studies 2:1.

Hobbies/Interests: Of course DJ-ing, production (trying to get better all the time), I love travelling to far-flung destinations (on the cheap, of course!) - if a flight's less than 7 hours, it's not worth it :P

Favourite sports: I'm not really sporty at all, but I do go jogging/exercise to keep fit etc.

MUSIC RELATED

Favourite type of dance music: Energetic, uplifting trance/filthy tech. I go from extremes of squeaky techno to euphoric when DJing! I can't pigeon hole it though - if I like it, i'll play it.

Favourite non-dance music: The B52s, Kate Bush, Kanye West, M.I.A. - i'm an 80s and ghetto boi innit!

Which DJ(s) got you into DJ'ing/clubbing: Listening to Jules' show 9-11pm on a Friday night specifically in 1999, but also acts like Underworld and Leftfield that i'd liked from a young age. Also, Dave Pearce on a sunday night - for when he put on his "trance trousers", seriously, he had some damn good tunes (Tim, back me up here :))

More recent favourite DJs: Marcel Woods, Armin (only recently have I seen him properly) - and you can't beat Jules for enthusiasm.

Which DJ(s) do you dislike with a passion: Local club DJs, with names like Richie Rich or Dj Kev.

Favourite label: This is a hard one, but i'd say Bonzai or Neo from back in the day, or Liquid or High Contrast right now.

Most hated label: Anjunabeats - they are so far up their a**e.

ABOUT YOU

I think i'm a friendly guy - I like meeting new people. I find it easy to get along with just about anybody, although of course I do have my insecurities like anybody else! Sometimes I get hung up on small issues and make them much bigger than they need to be!

A girl I was seeing likened me to Louis Theroux - even though i'm only 5ft 8! I think it's the glasses...

I have an eye for detail, and I think i'm a good friend.

I was on a Newsround hayfever special when I was 11 - I had to do a fake sneeze.

Edited by thirddrive

I was on a Newsround hayfever special when I was 11 - I had to do a fake sneeze.

LOL at the fake sneeze that's not an easy thing to do is it?

BTW

Which DJ(s) got you into DJ'ing/clubbing: Listening to Jules' show 9-11pm on a Friday night specifically in 1999, but also acts like Underworld and Leftfield that i'd liked from a young age. Also, Dave Pearce on a sunday night - for when he put on his "trance trousers", seriously, he had some damn good tunes (Tim, back me up here smile.gif)

I have never said that on Dave Pearces Dance Anthems there weren't some good tunes, he didn't choose them nor makwe them the BIG tunes they were. The show was Dire, he was only playing requests and his Live DJing, certainly att was s***e and nothing like what was being played on his show, he also encouraged more chavs to think they could go to decent clubs and ruin proper clubbers nights out! " oh yeah Dave I wanna 'ear CAFFY DEL MAR! Duuno yeah Avin it! "

plus HE'S FAT, BALD UGLY AND ANNOYING!

In my opinion anyway! Each to their own! :rolleyes: