The New Beatport

Max Kane

I know there's a huge anti-beatport vibe across much of the message board community but I do still use it a fair amount as the exclusives are worth the hassle, however the new 'improved' beatport site is a real pain in the arse, it's so slow.

Anyone else checked it out yet?

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It seems they've gone to a lot of trouble to essentially change the colour scheme slightly & to incoporate the playlist feature. Needless update yet it still slows it down so much.

Other sites should follow DJDownload's example with the needle drop player, that has won them so much custom

Its ok once it finally loads, but I could have downloaded 3 tunes illegally in the time it takes! ;)

Couple nice new features, but the most annoting thing for me still remains - that you have to sign in every time and because its flash your browser can't remember the username / password. So annoying.

Couple nice new features, but the most annoting thing for me still remains - that you have to sign in every time and because its flash your browser can't remember the username / password. So annoying.

That's definately an annoyance with it. I don't think they have made any sweeping new changes to it, imo it wasn't worth the effort.