The New Beatport

Max Kane

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:lol:

I found it loaded quick went from 0-100% quick then back down to 9&% then back to 100% then took a minute ininitializing, now it looks a lil bit different cosmectically with I preferto previous look, a bit softer.

The genre and charts tabs have moved position along with a few other bits n bobs

Its alright I spose!

I've grown to it now, once you start noticing the wee differences it makes sense. I'm actually finding it a bit faster than it used to be, after you get past the painstaking wait of it initially loading up.

Main points being:

The sample quality is so much better, and the samples load faster

It keeps track of what you've listened to

You can add tunes to your holding bit, instead of your basket (big thumbs up)

Still not as good interface wise as some smaller sites I use, but yeah, Im happy with it.

I'm not very happy with Beatport as l've bought 3 mps this evening and they won't download!

When the security Bar appeared at the top of the page l "clicked" on the "download file" option and then waited for the "Save To" box to appear but instead l was redirected back to the "Homepage"

After several attempts l came out of the site and tried to log on again but a box came up saying my account had been disabled due to my unsuccessful attempts to log in and would need to reset my password.

What a load of bulls***! I've wasted over an hour of my precious time trying to get it sorted.

I'm p***ed of as l've got to be up at 6 in the morning to go to work.

RANT OVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm not very happy with Beatport as l've bought 3 mps this evening and they won't download!

When the security Bar appeared at the top of the page l "clicked" on the "download file" option and then waited for the "Save To" box to appear but instead l was redirected back to the "Homepage"

It does that to me too. It p***es me right off!

Yeah me too but as soon as I re-select download it works.

Not sure if the new Beatport is to blame but it's just taken me an eternity to download 20 or so tracks. Absolutely ridiculous. It's never been that slow before. Anyone else experienced this or is it just my t'interweb connection being lame?

As yet I haven't heard back from Beatport so l'm unable to "log in" so can't have another go at trying to download my 3 tunes.

BTW Briggsy how did you overcome the problem?

What really puzzled me is that l had "logged in" to the site without any problems and despite all the problems l was having l was still "logged on". I then gave up and came out of the site for 5 mins or so and then went to "log in" using the same password etc and then had this message coming up saying my account had been disabled due to too many failed attempts to "log in" As l didn't have any "failed" attempts when logging in l don't know what they are going on about. Whats all that about :confused: :wall:

Also (earlier on) when l tried to re-download them only 2 out of the 3 tunes were there. The first one was nowhere to be seen. It hadn't downloaded and wasn't in my library either. Seems its got lost in cyberspace. :o

If l can't get this sorted out l won't use Beatport anymore as its too much hassle.

Edited by Chrissie Brown

I did the same as Uberduck really - I just had to go back to re-download. Its frustrating when you've bought 12 tunes though and have to do that each time. Beatport is a right pain in the arse - thankfully I don't use it that often. Trackitdown is my favourite - but you can't re-download your tunes there should you need to get them again in the future (such as a CD going missing, etc). Thats annoying too. It seems they all have their pro's and con's :(

Trackitdown is my favourite - but you can't re-download your tunes there should you need to get them again in the future (such as a CD going missing, etc). Thats annoying too. It seems they all have their pro's and con's :(

I transfer all my downloads onto an external portable hard drive so that if my computer blows up l won't lose all my music, photos etc.

I don't think you can re-download indefinately on Beatport either. I think you only have about 4 hours in which to re-download.

Guess l will just have to be patient and wait until my password is re-set.

Just make sure that hard-drive doesn't break either - I know all about that! :lol:

:o what happened, did you lose everything? Does this sorta thing happen very often and do you know what makes of portable hard drives are reliable and what ones are to be avoided. What make was it that failed you. Your comments would be much appreciated.

:o what happened, did you lose everything? Does this sorta thing happen very often and do you know what makes of portable hard drives are reliable and what ones are to be avoided. What make was it that failed you. Your comments would be much appreciated.

What I used to do was use my external drive to hold everything I had, this way the computer hard drive was clean and made it run as fast as it possibly could. One day I was downloading a radio show which I was on but it didn't finish properly. I closed everything and restarted the computer ... when I got everything running again I clicked to open my external drive and a message said 'your drive has not been formatted, do this now?' - after many attempts of bypassing a format of my external hard drive it was the only thing it would let me do. Now that drive is useless for anything - and yes, everything was lost :(

Now I have a new external hard drive, but it holds exactly the same files as my computers internal drive. I update the external drive each Sunday (it has just finished back up new files now). A lot of stuff is on CD's now as well, especially my most precious files like old school photos, radio appearances, etc.

This is what I recommend, put things on CD's as well as other hard drives. If you think you might want to put more on the CD at a later date then just use a re-writable :thumbsup:

Talking of this new beatport, I tried logging in the other day but had forgotten my password. I got sent a reset link which opens a blank window in firefox and gives a 500 server error in IE. It then told me that my account had been temporarily suspended because of too many failed logins and that I need to email myaccount@beatport.com to get it reset. So I email that address yesterday and get an out of hours response saying that they'll mail me back within 24hours. Nothing... so email again and get another out of hours response.

Well beatport have just lost my custom as I can't login to buy anything and they don't seem to want to help me out. Nice one guys.

Talking of this new beatport, I tried logging in the other day but had forgotten my password. I got sent a reset link which opens a blank window in firefox and gives a 500 server error in IE. It then told me that my account had been temporarily suspended because of too many failed logins and that I need to email myaccount@beatport.com to get it reset. So I email that address yesterday and get an out of hours response saying that they'll mail me back within 24hours. Nothing... so email again and get another out of hours response.

Well beatport have just lost my custom as I can't login to buy anything and they don't seem to want to help me out. Nice one guys.

That's more or less what has happened to me to albeit l had logged in and was then told my account had been suspended because of too many failed logins! It's a joke.

Worst for me as l paid for music that won't download and like you l have sent them an email which should have been responded to within 24 hrs and now 48 hours later still no response. :angry:

I reckon they are overloaded with complaints due to similar problems logging in so that is why we haven't had a reply to our emails.