The New Beatport

Max Kane

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's more or less what has happened to me to albeit l had logged in and was then told my account had been suspended because of too many failed logins! It's a joke.

Worst for me as l paid for music that won't download and like you l have sent them an email which should have been responded to within 24 hrs and now 48 hours later still no response. :angry:

I reckon they are overloaded with complaints due to similar problems logging in so that is why we haven't had a reply to our emails.

Sounds like exactly the same thing Chrissie, doin my head in now, although it's worse for you as you've actually paid for tracks. Still not heard anything :angry:

I got a reply today;

Hello,

Thanks for contacting Beatport!

For account name: **************

Your account is now active. Here is a link to reset your password:

It's a start l suppose but l have now had to write another letter explaining what happened (had already done this in my first letter which has been ignored) which is both time consuming and frustrating as l still haven't got my music :wall: :angry:

The 3mps l paid for are both the Original and Mac & Taylor remix of Will Atkinson's "Enough is Enough" and Charlie G's "Sleepless in Tokyo"

Better off buying of aj or juno next time!

That's exactly what l'm going to do Jason. I have bought Records, CDs and Mp3s from Juno in the past and should have gone there first.

In all fairness l heard back from Beatport and they reset my downloads but l still haven't been able to "Save" my 3 downloads as l have encountered the same problems as before. It really is strange as l haven't changed any of my settings in Internet Explorer so its a mystery as to why they won't download. I've checked everything but it just won't download the files. Its not just a waste of my money its also a waste of my precious time trying to sort the matter out. :wall: :angry:

I've had no trouble using Firefox on the new beatport the past couple of weeks

Beatport recommend that you use "Firefox" but l am reluctant to download "Firefox" because l don't know what it will do to my other programmes. Once you download something like that you can end up with all sorts of problems and l wouldn't know how to cancel it out if it wasn't compatible with other programmes.

Perhaps one of you can explain what "Firefox" is used for and what problems l could have with it if l downloaded it. I would be most grateful.

I won't get too technical but Mozilla (Firefox) is simply a different web browser, it shouldn't affect any of your other programs & has some really useful tabs. If you only used it for beatport you could still use IE for general browsing

If exclusives didn't exist I'd use DJDownload for everything as they're cheap & their player is just so much better than everyone elses. Beatport is the best site though all-told & if it weren't for their taxes I'd have no qualms with them whatsoever.

The sheer scale of beatport is so impressive, it's definately the site where I've found most of the uncovered 'gems' that you can come across. Of course that aspect does mean that there's an awful lot of s*** on the site which, judging by the interview with the CEO is soon to be a thing of the past.

Different genres are represented better by various sites too & beatport definately seems to have the techno, prog & house markets nailed

I won't get too technical but Mozilla (Firefox) is simply a different web browser, it shouldn't affect any of your other programs & has some really useful tabs. If you only used it for beatport you could still use IE for general browsing

I've just heard back from "Beatport" and they still recommend l download "Firefox" so l might just do that. That's as long as l can still use IE for general browsing. So Tom l would really appreciate your help on downloading Firefox as l don't always understand computer terminology and l only want to use it for "Beatport" so could you tell me how to go about this so that l don't use "Firefox" for all my browsing.

Well once you download it it's simple. Just open Firefox (as you would IE) whenever you want to go to beatport & then open IE whenever you want to browse but not go to beatport. Firefox won't open automatically or anything, only when you decide to use it