MOST FAVOURITEST TUNES EVER!!!

Number2Fan

OMG Aza DJ Quicksilver, I vaguely remember that being awful and have blocked it from my memory, must find it again and check it out now you've put it on here. ;)

OMG I just found it, ha ha I have it on a CD, hahahaha!! No no it's pretty bad, but cheerful!! :D

Such a simple and effective tune. Could be passed on poor nowadays, but this certainly got me heading in the dance music scene's direction :)

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think I could choose a top 10 favorite tunes, not because there are so many but because different moods and days would produce different tastes. So I've approaced this from a different perspective. Here are some tunes which never leave my box. If I'm out DJing and don't have them with me I feel naked.

1: New Order - Blue Monday

This is number one because whatever set I'm playing, in what ever venue, in what ever point in the nigh, this NEVER fails to get a good reaction from the crowd.

2: Leftfield & Lydon - Open Up

For much the same reasons as #1, though as it doesn't work quite as well gets awarded a #2.

3: Mauro Picotto & Riccardo Ferri - Alchemy EP [New Time New Place]

Great work-horse tune. Can be used to get the electro heads over to techier sounds without scaring them away.

4: Rex The Dog - Frequencey

This is one of those tunes which is so packed with energy I frequently struggle when considering what the play next. Quite often I just let it play out to emphasise it's greatness.

5: Duran Duran - Planet Earth

Banging house-like new romantic goodness which ususally leaves the dancefloor thinking WTF, while I go mental.

6: Beats International - Dub Be Good To Me

Norman Cook really is the master of universal appeal tunes. This one is firmly in the realm of classic without the overly commercial aspects of his newest material.

7: Blake - Twin Webber EP

The good side of electro, none of this modern rubbish.

8: Andrew Richley & Ryan Rivera - The Fiction EP [bad Taste]

If I had to pick one tune which summed up my style of techno this would probably be it; dark, subversive, dirty, repetitive.

9: Brainbug - Nightmare

One of those trance tunes which will get normal folk dancing if they are old enough to remember it, but not too old to denounce it as a stilly rave tune. In any case, a list like this on a board like this wouldn't be complete without one hands in the air trance banger would it?

10: Dave the Drummer - Dig Your Own Grave EP

Ok, it is a bit cheesy, but this is really captures a spirit of techno lost in many tunes. It's an 'arrgh - the machines are coming to get me' piece of music. Sadly I don't have this one yet, but I know that when I do, it will never leave the confines of my record box.

in no order this but these are some of my favs

airwave - save me

solarstone - 7 cities

delerium - silence

frank traxx - nebucchan

beat pusher - murto

above & beyond - alone tonight

bt & paul van dyk - flaming june

Three N One Presents Johnny Shaker - pearl river

Veracocha - verracocha

y traxx - mysteryland

dreamwaver - liquid mm

bleachin - Peakin' (Darude Vs. JS16 Remix)

and loads more

Love those 3 tunes :thumbsup:

delerium - silence has got commercial appeal, but the tiesto remix is still an anthem

i still have a copy of beat pusher - murto and love that tune.....wacked it into 1 of my previous mixes posted

and love airwave - save me, glad its been re-released

Having just placed an order on discogs this very moment, I'm going to make an impromptu change to my list. Brainbug is out and Hand's Burn - Good Shot is in its place. A lesser known and very underrated trance tune.

Hands Burn is f***ing awesome, brainbug has always p***ed me off as a tune, ruins any mix it's in for me anyway.

Hands Burn..................................Tremendous, can't even think about the title without the intro popping into my brain!!

Hands Burn is f***ing awesome, brainbug has always p***ed me off as a tune, ruins any mix it's in for me anyway.

Hands Burn..................................Tremendous, can't even think about the title without the intro popping into my brain!!

"good shot kid, you got em" i played this very track last night actually. Fontaine & Vern mix...

My list is not in order apart from number 1 - Cafe Del Mar was the tune responsible for getting me into trance and is easily my favourite tune of all time.

01. Energy 52 - Cafe Del Mar (Original 3 n 1 Mix)

02. R.O.O.S. - Instant Moments (Marino S Happy Mix)

03. Storm - Storm

04. Veracocha - Carte Blanche

05. Smudge & Smith - Near Me

06. Agenda - Heaven (Lange Mix)

07. York - Reachers of Civilization (Rank 1 Remix)

08. Hands Burn - Good Shot

09. 4 Strings - Sunrise

10. Da Hool - Meet Her At The Love Parade (Nalin & Kane Mix)

I've just added 'Ian Brown - Fear (Unkle Remix)' to my list. Always hearing it, and everyone recognises it, but it seems to be one of them tunes not very many people (public wise) know the name of! B)

i agree this IS definatly a tune i love

My list is not in order apart from number 1 - Cafe Del Mar was the tune responsible for getting me into trance and is easily my favourite tune of all time.

01. Energy 52 - Cafe Del Mar (Original 3 n 1 Mix)

02. R.O.O.S. - Instant Moments (Marino S Happy Mix)

03. Storm - Storm

04. Veracocha - Carte Blanche

05. Smudge & Smith - Near Me

06. Agenda - Heaven (Lange Mix)

07. York - Reachers of Civilization (Rank 1 Remix)

08. Hands Burn - Good Shot

09. 4 Strings - Sunrise

10. Da Hool - Meet Her At The Love Parade (Nalin & Kane Mix)

reacher of civilisation is 1 of my fav tunes, it puts me a good mood everytime i hear that tune

in no order this but these are some of my favs

airwave - save me

solarstone - 7 cities

delerium - silence

frank traxx - nebucchan

beat pusher - murto

above & beyond - alone tonight

bt & paul van dyk - flaming june

Three N One Presents Johnny Shaker - pearl river

Veracocha - verracocha

y traxx - mysteryland

dreamwaver - liquid mm

bleachin - Peakin' (Darude Vs. JS16 Remix)

and loads more

Nearly all of these could have been on my list - especially 'Save Me' which should definately have been!

• 2 weeks later...

Heres my top 12

1)dj jean = the launch(yomanda mix)

2)push= the legacy

3)liquid child= diving faces

4)highgate= caned and unable

5)citizen caned= the journey

6)mitch and mart= get up

7)system f=out of the blue

8)mauro picotto=lizard (claxix rmx)

9)perfect phase= horny horns

10)rba =no alternative

11)boyos=timewarp

12)que vadis=sonic boom

howz about that for a slice of fried gold

still got all these coudnt just do ten i need a top 20 thread to get all my favs in

Edited by markos191178

I love that too, THAT is on my list already! Unless yours is a different version. If it is please post it!

Awwwwwww I sooooo love that tune, takes me right back to leaving the club and that was the last tune, and I was young and spaced out and humming it all the way round the car park while I tried to remember how I was going to get home. Awwwwwwwwwww!!! I'm gonna have to play it now......

Youtube Video ->

Anyone wanting to make a tune should take notes from this tune. Dodgy video mind you, but i love Westbam! Even if he does look a little like Dave Pearces brother!!

:D This tune is awesome.

Edited by Number 2 fan

Youtube Video ->Original Video

Ahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!! Oh yes oh yes oh yes!!!

I remember this one now.
Actually I have this tune!!! LOL The original does it for me the most though, due to my age, but this matt Darey one is truly Matt Darey'd and v cool too, I only have the original on CD unfortunately.