BOARD MEET UP!

Number2Fan

As Global Gathering doesn't seem to be impressing many of us, I thought maybe we could have a brainstorm on here for some other/better suggestions that more of us would go to. SO............

Suggestions please and maybe I'll poll it or something after a month or whatever.

PS if you've no intention of meeting anybody from here ever, DON'T bother suggesting anything!

I'm suggesting a Gallery night at MoS when Jules is on obviously!!

Maybe if we're clever about it, we could get on the guestlist ;) ;) ;)

(worked before)

So.....................

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm also in favour of The Gallery because its a superb venue, and the line-ups are always good and less predictable than other clubs - its also easy to get to and is right opposite Wetherspoons should anyone fancy cheaper drinks before going into the club.

Or, for those feeling a bit more adventurous, Escape Into The Park in Swansea is always a great festival - that usually takes place mid-June.

I was proposed with an idea of getting all DJ's from this board and the official and hosting a night.

If thats a route we wanted to go down too, i'm more than happy to look into hiring a small venue somewhere. I'm sure we could find a small venue somewhere that holds a couple of hundred people, and get anyone off this board that's interested to play an hour or so on the decks each too.

The only thing is, the venue would cost money to hire (Probably around £200), so i'd need deposits from people that want to go to pay for the venue because I haven't got any spare dosh lying around to pay for it out of my own pocket.

If we could afford it between us too, we could perhaps even get Jules to play for us, and called the night "Judge For Yourself" in memory of an old feature on his show with said name :P

Edited by Briggsy

If thats a route we wanted to go down too, i'm more than happy to look into hiring a small venue somewhere. I'm sure we could find a small venue somewhere that holds a couple of hundred people, and get anyone off this board that's interested to play an hour or so on the decks each too.

The only thing is, the venue would cost money to hire (Probably around £200), so i'd need deposits from people that want to go to pay for the venue because I haven't got any spare dosh lying around to pay for it out of my own pocket.

If we could afford it between us too, we could perhaps even get Jules to play for us, and called the night "Judge For Yourself" in memory of an old feature on his show with said name :P

also, we'd ideally need a venue central to everyone. Well as central as can be anyway, Simon Ross lives in Cabbage patch land, no one lives there :P

Edited by Moonman

Well, if we're going for somewhere central, there's Birmingham, Leicester, Derby or Nottingham really that are fairly accessible by motorway and train. Birmingham is the main hub for the trains in the Midlands, so that would be ideal from a transport point of view - however, i'm not sure what venues would be available at a weekend.

There's a place called Rugby around 30 miles south of Birmingham and 20 miles north of Northampton which is situated off the M6 & M45, plus that also has good train services from London, Northampton, the Midlands and the north-west. They have a number of smaller venues which may be ideal, plus, as far as i'm aware, Jules hasn't played there for ten years or so - so chances are, he'd pull in a good crowd.

I' easy really - i'll go with the flow :D

Yeah the lad I spoke to had the idea of getting Jules involved too. I think this idea would have to have it's own thread making though cos otherwise I don't want to hi-jack this one :lol: (new thread for board DJ's night?)

That sounds very good, but alot more difficult to organise and actually probably something that should wait until after we've all met. Unless most of you have kinda met already............

What Lad Simon?

Jules is about 2000 a sesssion aint he?

I doubt he'd do it for free like the rest of us...................

I suppose you could ask. lol

Of course [Jules] will do it for free, where would he be without us lot hey :)

I was actually thinking of something similar to this too, I think it is a great idea and would be good fun!

We are pretty scattered across the country too, so location may prove difficult. What is generally central may not necessarily be for others, Chrissie Brown springs to mind.

Escape is a great suggestion; gives us plenty of planning time, a nice venue and great for me :)

On the other hand, Briggsy's idea sounds good too, and what better than to show case our own talent. Hell is we book it for 24 hours, we can all crash on the dancefloor too and then head home the next day!

Edited by Aza

Um...I wouldn't want to travel anywhere on my own, so looks like I wont be able to make it. I am sure you are all lovlely people but I would be scared to meet people off the internet

I don't want to offend :(

Smile :)

It is a good idea though!

Um...I wouldn't want to travel anywhere on my own, so looks like I wont be able to make it. I am sure you are all lovlely people but I would be scared to meet people off the internet

i know what ya mean, it could be daunting to meet people off a board, you have never verbally spoke to, let alone seen, especially a female, but on the plus side its in a public area so its all safe and good

i know what ya mean, it could be daunting to meet people off a board, you have never verbally spoke to, let alone seen, especially a female, but on the plus side its in a public area so its all safe and good

also armin is doing the asot radio show from godskitchen end of jan/feb not sure of the date

BRING SOME FRIENDS THEN!!!! Silly................. you'd have to have your own DnB back room Emy lol

BTW I aint going all the way to Swansea easily!!! Why not opt for John O'groats? Unless swansea is near Warminster maybe. Nah Sod that!

Run it by me again too, why would Jules do it for free?

This will be the main concern for me. I fell pretty safe with you lot on here because somehow we all seem genuine (and I believe some people on here have met each other in the past at events too). Some persuasion would have to be done with the parents, because in a way I am still rather young, and I would have to have some people come with me too, my brother might be up for it. He currently lives in Derby but hes not there for much longer I don't think, when hes not there then its Sheffield. Those along with Leicester are my ideal locations.

Maybe this is not such a good idea. Appreciate everyone's concerns, but perhaps on this scale we should just try and do a few smaller things.

A few people have indeed met on here already, Tim and Christian and Dormouse. Not sure on the rest, but in my opinion it seems a good idea.

I'm hoping to meet up with Tim and maybe Christian soon, but just waiting on Tim to sort something... :)

Nevertheless, as previously stated too, this is a great board, people seem genuine and decent too and I woulnd't mind meeting up :)

Edit:

Run it by me again too, why would Jules do it for free?

Because we are the one's who have gotten him where he is and persistently visit this site in his dedictation. No doubt it would be an honour for him to spin for us! ;)

He knows a few of us too (no doubt yourself included too, Lynnie :)), so its like asking a mate for a favour :)

Edited by Aza

Well for those looking for a MOS Meet up Jules is playing twice in March - The 6th & the 27th..of which I can't make either :( but thought I'd pass on the info for those of you that could make it......will get to a MOS set one day, esp as I wanna see a Jules House set which he usually does at the Gallery nights alongside the main room set.

Have met a few people from here already but obviously the vast majority of you I have never met. If something was organised (either club night or a night put on by board members) then I'd be more than willing to attend

I don't have a problem with travelling on my own or meeting up with people for the first time but guess thats because l'm an "oldie".

I've travelled as far as Australia and New Zealand on my own so meeting up somewhere in Britain isn't a problem , however getting time off work is the biggest problem!

Well for those looking for a MOS Meet up Jules is playing twice in March - The 6th & the 27th..of which I can't make either :( but thought I'd pass on the info for those of you that could make it......will get to a MOS set one day, esp as I wanna see a Jules House set which he usually does at the Gallery nights alongside the main room set.

How confirmed are those dates? Attila, do you know if he's at the Honey club in March at all?