BOARD MEET UP!

Number2Fan

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Things change so quickly though, at one time sick meant :ill: and then suddenly it means wicked but not wicked evil as that's bad, although if someone says sick to me, it sounds f***ing ridiculous, almost as ridiculous as an 18 yr old lad calling me a cougar! LMAO!!! :thumbsup:

I immediately picture carrotty ex chinese take away stylee vomit in my mind whenever someone says it, and it puts me right off. Luckily it's mainly northern people using it as a phrase!

I had an 18 yr old talk to me about clubbing the other day, he said he was wrong to tell me Brighton was s*** he went last night and it was f***ing brilliant, it was only 3 quid to get in. So I said, what did they play though, was it well cheesey, he said THE STREETS! LOLOLOL

Except me.

No need for anyone to go alone.

My advice is bring a friend or two whenever you meet someone for the first time. Always meet on neutral and public ground, always tell someone where and who you are going to be with.

I went to Brighton once to meet MonkeySpanker. That WAS scarey, but I just went with my usual mates who were there as a back up party in case he turned out to be a murderer or didn't turn up at all, or just not the person they came across as.

I done the same the first time I met jj net boarders at the gallery. I had chatted to them for a couple of years also via MSN had been on the phone to some too.

TBF though after that I did go it alone, and was also fine, but actually that's not a good idea!

Once my actual proper friends deserted me in a club I never knew in a town I never knew to go back to a friends I never knew. I ended up asking a couple to give me a lift somewhere and just hoped for the best!!

Jason r u up for Ministry of Sound then?

Edited by Number 2 fan

I went to Brighton once to meet MonkeySpanker. That WAS scarey, but I just went with my usual mates who were there as a back up party in case he turned out to be a murderer or didn't turn up at all, or just not the person they came across as.

haha and did Monkeyspanker seem the sort of person he came across as? Ie, a complete c**k? He used to be the biggest t**t on the JJ board and was one of the main people responsible for dragging it into the problems it had.

Haha, Frank was alright in real life, met him quite a few times out. Always thought it was funny how much people would get wound up by him and get completely reeled in.

In my opinion the old board didn't get worse because of all that stuff, the problem was that people took everything to seriously. The idea that the board died cos everyone kept arguing is bollocks, as it was always like that to an extent from when I joined the old, old board in 1999.

The only thing that changed was the overall acceptance of a bit of banter. People need to remember that it IS just a message board, and back at the height of banter when people realised this, was when the most meetups happened. I've met loads and loads of people over the years from there, and half of them were the so called 'troublemakers' that are all sound as when you meet them in the flesh.

Still cringe at some of the folk that used to get wound up because they let themselves.

Haha, Frank was alright in real life, met him quite a few times out. Always thought it was funny how much people would get wound up by him and get completely reeled in.

The only thing that changed was the overall acceptance of a bit of banter. People need to remember that it IS just a message board, and back at the height of banter when people realised this, was when the most meetups happened. I've met loads and loads of people over the years from there, and half of them were the so called 'troublemakers' that are all sound as when you meet them in the flesh.

this reminds me of when "Justin cider" was a complete ar*e to me every moment that I was on line, one month he would just write TIT after every one of my replies, it was quite irritating. But then I suddenly got introduced to him as Leo and was like " so who are you on the board?" while shaking his hand he told me and I looked at him and just said "oh" A few moments later I said "so you think I'm a TIT then do ya?" and got on well from then on. Up until then I had been totally scared of meeting him, he was nothing like I imagined!

I probably was however as annoying in real life as on the Web. Franky was too, but it was really all for a laugh! He was always asking me what I thought of certain ppl in an MSN convo and then pasting them into the convo so they would read my reply, out of context and leave me to explain why I said stuff!! That is quite funny!!!

What is this MOS jacket people speak of?

I have always wanted some form of club branded clothing. Annoying thing is the t-shirts with no collars don't suit me, and virtually all club t-shirts are this way :lol: I would get a hoody of some sort but all the clothing ranges now have funky patterns, and I would prefer something like a black hoody with the club logo in the middle.