Jules R1 30/01/09

JasonB

DJ Mog feat. Mark Le Sal – Searching (Ego Records)

Dirty Vegas – Pressure [sultan & Ned Shepard Mix] (Toolroom)

Reflekt – Need To Feel Loved [Adam K & Soha 2009 Remix] (Positiva)

Armin Van Buuren – Rain [Cosmic Gate Mix] (Armada)

Rank 1 – L.E.D There Be Light [Original Mix] (ID&T)

Patrick Plaice & Frank Ellrich – Sticky Tape (Magik Muzik)

DJ On Route: Will Bailey

The Enemy – Away From Here [Phil Crawf Remix] (CDR)

Neal Thomas – Nova Scotia

Killswitch – Loop Noir [Will Atkinson Mix] (Phase Seven)

Renato & Tim – Just Kick (CDR)

DJ Endorsed: Kyau & Albert’s Choice

Sebastian Sand – Creeps (Euphonic)

BK – Tuff Luv (CDR)

Marc Et Claude – Need Your Lovin’ (Like The Sunshine)(Dark Moon Remix) (Positiva Records)

Tried & Tested

Wilson, Smallwood & Ingram - Perfect Sunrise (Unsigned)

Richard Durand – Into Something (Terminal 4)

Sets Education: Arnej

Arnej – Tomorrow Never Comes (Armada)

Jon Rundell vs. Trebiano – Dawn Airtraffic Raid [Arnej Mashup] (White Label Bootleg)

8 Wonders – The Morning After [The Thrillseekers Mix] (Somatic Sense)

The Backroom 2

AA Fain – Crazy Dolphin (CDR)

The Prodigy – Omen [Herve’s End Of The World Mix] (Take Me To The Hospital Records)

Judge Jules In The Mix

Sam Sharp – Roundabout [simon Patterson Mix] (Doorn)

Veracocha & Michael De Kooker Vs Simon Patterson – Carte Smack (White Label Bootleg)

Lee Haslam & Mearns – Crunch (CDR)

Dazzlin TNT – Tiltin Backwards [Re-Ward Remix] (CDR)

Mallorca Lee – Kiss It Better [Mac & Taylor Mix] (MLXL)

Paul Miller Presents Motion Blur – CSR (Crystal Source Recordings)

Edited by JasonB

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know it kinda goes against what I've been saying recently but I really really like Carte Smack and I kinda wish I hadn't heard it on his show because I would love to have heard it unexpectedly in a club one night!!! I may have wet myself hearing that carte blanche breakdown again so loud and with the lights etc, but I can cope with that!

I'm gonna make a choooooon!

Edited by Number 2 fan

Jason, please could you amend the date! We are still in January not February! :ermm:

Armin Van Buuren – Rain [Cosmic Gate Mix] (Armada) loving this tune which sounds very familiar so not sure if it a new mix of an old tune. Does anyone on here know?

BTW at around 11.30 pm Jules said "Hi to Chrissie Brown in Penzance who enjoyed Armin's "Rain" offering too."

Edited by Chrissie Brown

The Enemy – Away From Here [Phil Crawf Remix] (CDR)

Is f***ing awful, I can't imagine anywhere that this tune should be played!! I'm sorry in advance if anyone here made it, or likes it, but it's bl**dy s***, and Jules should burn it. If I pay to get into a club that this is playing in I'll go home again and prob not return!!!

How the hell does Jules think this tune fits into his show, I know it always starts a little mainstream at the beginning but actually that first tune was bad enough!!!

It shouldn't even be in the same room as a Verracocha tune!!!

that van buren tune does have some elements of old tunes in it!!!

Edited by Number 2 fan

I have the Reflekt remix playing now (have had it on for about 3 hours almost) and I am just in love. The original has always touched my heart, and to hear a new version of it just ... words dont explain ... this is why dance music is the best. No other music makes you feel the same way :)

I HATE THIS!!! IT HURT MY EARS!! AA Fain – Crazy Dolphin (CDR)

hehe - properly awful record that one, and you're complaining about The Enemy remix?! It doesnt sound too bad tbh that when it's played out......however, despite a lot of people on DSI not liking Jules there has been some good comments posted up about friday's sets at the Gallery, maybe the uplifting goodness is on the way back!

Hurrah, that dolphin sounded more like a monkey and I'm playing Jules at home and looking around for a kids toy that is annoying me, it turned out to be on the record!!!!

Poor kids, I shouting ARGH what is that noise??? LOLOL They just looked confused!!

Has anyone ever seen that Spongebob Squarepants where they use dolphin noises instead of swearing!!! ?

Adam K & Soha really have pulled this one out of the bag. Corking remix, treating the original with respect and not changing too much. It's such a good tune that its always nice to hear it. With a tune like this, it is a sure fire "anthem", it'd be so easy to f*** it up.

I dont think the Enemy bootleg isnt too offensive, though Phil Crawf did that awful Kings Of Leon remix didnt he. Just begs the question, why?

On the whole i'm getting back into Jules' shows again. When he cuts out the mashups, his shows are quite enjoyable.

Edited by Moonman

I'm also enjoying the new mix of "Need To Feel Loved" but also love the original too.

Richard Durand's new tune "Into Something" sounds great too!

I really disliked Phil Crawf's "Kings Of Leon" remix and don't much care for "Away from Here" either. However l really liked Phil Crawf's "I Heart You" a great tune (IMO)

Edited by Chrissie Brown

See I dont see how the Reflekt remix has added anything its juts run of the miss, how can anything be pulled out of the bag when f*** alls' really been done its not like a miraculous total makeover!

Thats my opinion on it.

Pointless remix and everyones drooling over it

See I dont see how the Reflekt remix has added anything its juts run of the miss, how can anything be pulled out of the bag when f*** alls' really been done its not like a miraculous total makeover!

Thats my opinion on it.

Pointless remix and everyones drooling over it

I have to strongly disagree here. It updates it very well and keeps the record current. It also introduces new people to it aswell. I also think it uses the sample on more of a loop, whereas the original only uses it in the breakdown, something which i wanted anyway but didnt feature in the original set of remixes.

So i disagree, the remix is good, they have pulled it out the bag, they've given it a trance like feel and focused on the best part of the original track - The Ghosts classical sample.

You said f*** all has been done, but if something radical had been done to it, you'd be here saying "oh they've gone and f***ed it up" or "why the hell did they do that, all it needed was a brief update" or something along those lines - i'm paraphrasing.

I disagree about the pointless remix though, as i said earlier, it keeps the record current, if that means its played out in the clubs again, then i'm all for it.