Jules R1 30/01/09

JasonB

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Basically adam K & soha making a carbon copy of anything theyve made recently slapped and the strings and vocals over it , I respect your views on this but still see this as a pointless remix.

Its acceptable these days. Deadmoo5e has done the same with all 325,978,000 of his tunes and remixes hasn't he?

The Reflekt remix is good, it's nicely done & any excuse to air the Thomas Newman strings are welcome. It's not groundbreaking but compared to other 'classics' remixes it's an exception to the normal durge.

The Cosmic Gate remix of Armin is excellent, the original is so poor & they've turned into something playable

Cosmic Gate can do very little wrong in my eyes. They just move with trends effortlessly aswell.

Agreed! Ever since I started DJ'ing, there's been loads of artists I once liked, but began to dislike or vice-versa, but Cosmic Gate, along with DuMonde and Ferry Corsten are probably the only artists i've liked constantly throughout the time i've been DJ'ing.

Compare 'Firewire' 'No Sleep' & all the other older stuff to the likes of 'Not Enough Time' & their remixes of 'Rain' & other modern stuff they've done. ;)

Yeah, exactly! A lot of artists stick to the same sound over and over again, but Cosmic Gate are one of the very few artists that have managed to changed their sound to go with the times, yet still been consistently superb.

There's their proggier side such as their remix of Kirsty Hawkshaw Meets Tenishia - Outsiders, their Trancier side such as their remix of Tiesto's Urban Train, their banging side such as their remix of Miss Shiva - Dreams, their commercial side such as Firewire, and their deeper, darker side such as their remix of Veracocha - Carte Blanche.

Very versatile artists, yet manage to pull off every single sound with great success.

Firewire I have never enjoyed and dont really understand how it took off in the way it did.

Firewire was shocking, but Jules and Dave Pearce caned it on Radio 1, so the beer boys loved it and bought it from their local HMV. It has to be said though, that one tune probably made them their money to pay for their studio - so that one crap tune was well worth it if it funded all of the good ones they produced.

i wouldn't say Firewire was crap. It was THE sound of 2001 wasn't it? Everyone was doing that pounding Mauro Picotto style trance. It's just what was popular at the time. I've had a good old dance to that tune, i'm not afraid to admit it. I wouldn't drop it today, but in it's day, it was up there. I remember Jules played it a Crasher a few time and it got love!

Loving all this Cosmic Gate discussion, and like Briggsy, throughout the entirity of my Dj'ing, I have been a fan of theirs.

Although some of their early work may be looked at differently, I didn't mind that sort of stuff. I bought their EP, No More Sleep. They are also absolutely brilliant remixers (as per initial comments about Cosmic Gate in this thread). And, it is some of their very first remixes that, for me anyhow, are still held in high regard even today:

- Urban Train

- Rank 1's Awakening

- Ferry Corsten's Punk

- DJs, Fans & Freaks

- Miss Shiva's Dreams

Edited by Aza