SNOW

Number2Fan

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yep, I posted these on facebook but I'll bung em on here too....its still snowing on and off so we've got a good 10cms or so...

DSC00202.jpg

DSC00204.jpg

DSC00205.jpg

DSC00209.jpg

DSC00211.jpg

DSC00206.jpg

Hoping that work won't be an option tomorrow either; literally no trains running between London & Brighton which is my route to work and I dont have a car, not that I'd want to try and drive in this. One of poor friends was trying to come over to mine last night and ended up shunting into a car near my place, some of the hilly streets are just impassable...crazy how something like snow just brings our country to a stand-still!! Have most of you lot been off today?

Edited by attilasumer

n1436522978_30221241_6364.jpg

n1436522978_30221240_5148.jpg

n1436522978_30221228_6696.jpg

n1436522978_30221224_9363.jpg

n1436522978_30221242_9633.jpg

n1436522978_30221249_9133.jpg

There is s***loads here, it's snowed all night and is still snowing now, I haven't left my garden yet so the photos are from there. Where there was enough for 2 snowmen!!

BTW look at the difference between Simons estate and mine LOLOL!!!

Justin Haze no one has gone to work here , I'm surprised you made it to Goudhurst!

This country makes me laugh - we get a bit of snow and the country grinds to a standstill.

On the news this morning, they were saying ALL London bus services had been cancelled, and most London Underground services were heavily delayed or suspended. WTF? ITS UNDERGROUND!! People drive along at 5mph, and even dogs are walking around in anoraks and scarfs while they take their owner for a walk.

Meanwhile, Russia are up to their eyeballs in snow and carrying on as usual.......

To be fair it's probably due to the fact that it's such a rare occurance here for this much snow to fall anymore. In Russia they deal with every day & are used to it

I could understand it if it was three feet deep though - but we're talking centimetres in most places. Not even enough to cover your shoe, yet suddenly, everyone loses the ability to drive, and trains that weigh tons cannot get through a few grams of snow. :huh:

Also, i've just had a phone call to say that the tutor has decided to cancel our college class tonight for "health and safety reasons" :o

So i'm just on my way home now. If you never see me on here again, it may be because i've been buried alive in the staggeringly deep 1 centimetre of snow we have here in Coventry :mellow:

I'm not justifying it, people panic unneccessarily about it, but the fact its the worst snowfall for 6 years is the reason. People in the UK can't adapt to change very well at all, we moan when it's 'too hot' & bitch about it being 'miserable' at the same time.

The main roads around me are fine, me living on a side street means that it's pretty tough to get out of my road, there's a good covering & it's fairly deep. If I had to go somewhere urgently I would do so but there's no point in risking an accident.

Your tutor is probably forced to call off the class by his superiors or he fancies a night off :P

We've had quite a lot in Essex, all the trains prety much cancelled or delayed, so didn't go in today. All tubes that have overground sections were suspended or closed pretty much - parts were still operating, but then I heard it closed. But the incapability of the transport companies to deal with abnormal activity means that all the trouble has happened! Germany doesn't have a problem...

We've got even more now lol I just built a snowman and from my window it's like a scene from "The Snowman" now.

He did have his hands on his hips but just as I took the photo my son broke his arm off.

Camera's gone flat atm, will upload at some point!!

We're at a stand still because there is loads here and I live at the bottom of an ungritted hill. :)

Next to a forest!

It's all a bit hyped up on the news, I mean isn't there any other news today?? :huh:

But some people are still very thick and do need to know what it's like and what to do to be careful!!!

ie. My daughter came outside in shorts and trainers!!! LMFAO!!! (sent in to dress more appropriately of course)

Edited by Number 2 fan

It's all a bit hyped up on the news, I mean isn't there any other news today??

I always think this. When something happens (in this case, snow) its all the news will talk about ... which must mean any other news isnt important enough, so since the other news isnt important enough and if all this snow jazz wasnt happening ... it just means the news would be telling us crap we don't need to know!!!!! :angry:

I remember an episode of Top Gear years ago when they simply said 'nothing has happened in the car industry, so we will not be doing the news today' - this is how all news networks should be!!! :whistling:

Been out in this most of the Day on a shopping expo to Bournemouth, Not overally thick around here prob good inch or so. Managed to combat a very steep hill in the s***ty snow, took a while too do so but I did it!

We need some pic's of Snow Angel's they are a work of art and look bloody brilliant!

SNOW ANGEL PICS PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!

we moan when it's 'too hot' & bitch about it being 'miserable' at the same time.

haha thats my mum! She's always been like that. I hate the cold, but I never moan that its too hot. I love the heat - the hotter the better. The only thing I moan about is that we don't have enough of it, and when we do, i'm usually at work and never see it - it p***es down at the weekend instead lol.

Germany doesn't have a problem...

It does - its full of Germans :P:P

It's all a bit hyped up on the news, I mean isn't there any other news today?? :huh:

Very true! Thats the problem with this country - the media force things upon us, and people believe it. People had already decided about having a sicky today before they'd even seen the weather because the media forecast "blizzards all over" yesterday. The credit crunch wouldn't be half as bad as it is if the media hadn't forced their views upon us and panicked people into keeping hold of what money they do have. If people ignored the media and spent their money in shops again, things would circulate agin - but thats not happening.

I can bet you, if the media said we were in for the hottest week in February ever next week with temperatures soaring to tropical heatwaves, everyone would panic tomorrow and rush out to buy Bermuda Shorts and string vests ready to lounge in their garden.

Its got to be said Briggsy that ive never heard someone moan so much about having a day off as you :lol:

lol I wouldn't be bothered usually, but i'm waiting to take my final exam at college and i've been held back for the last week and a half now! I just wanna get the course over and done with so I can start looking for jobs :(