Off The Leash (Northampton) - Friday 27th March

Briggsy

8pm til 3am - spread across two floors. One room catering for Tribal, Electro, & Minimal Techno, the other room catering for Trance and the harder side of Techno.

Thankfully, i've finally got a gig where i'm allowed 'free-reign' over what I play, so I can play my trademark style of Tech-Trance crossing over into the harder side of Techno.

Other DJ's on the night are:

Carl Briggs

Donna Marie

Steve Rangi

Mikey Austin

Tom Cannell

Darren Lee

Tommy Tank ( :ph34r: )

Mark Tutchener

Skinner

Mark Gunn

Kid Frost

System Ollie

Admission only £3 before 11pm.

JC'S Bar.

Abington Square.

Wellingborough Rd.

Northampton.

NN1

n46254376892_5731.jpg

Edited by Briggsy

Cheers mate!

Yeah hopefully Donna will be on before me. We tend to mix quite well together and know each others styles inside-out now, so it'd make sense to stick us on together.

They originally wanted us to mix back-to-back because thats how they heard us - on a back-to-back mix we'd recorded and put on the net, but they were talked out of it so that we could both do our 'natural' styles. They were quite cool about it, which is good :D

• 4 weeks later...

Bumpety bump, only a few weeks to go :D

I've also got another gig playing a Hard Trance & Techno set on the 11th April - so i'll be playing a set much more representative of my natural style as i've got a peak time set.

Details for this below:

re-vival.jpg

Edited by Briggsy

• 3 weeks later...

Cheers Tom! :D

Are you nervous!!? I'm nervous and I'm only going out, YOUR DJING!!!! WOOOOO!

haha its weird because I was nervous up until an hour before my gig, but once I was on the decks, I was fine and got going straight away. My best sets are always in front of an audience for some reason - its bizarre. If I record a CD, its guaranteed i'll mess it up - stick me in front of 200 people, and i'll be spot on. Confused.com

Anyway, everything went well and my set must have gone down well because i'm playing peak-time next time :D

I'll do a 'reconstruction' of my set and upload it for you all to listen to once I get my decks back at the weekend :D

• 2 weeks later...

Had a great night at this one, and been invited back for their next event.

Was nice to blast out the Richard Durand remix of Art Of Trance - Madagascar over a club system which got a nice cheer - plus Congress - 40 Miles (John O'Callaghan remix) and Tiesto - Urban Train (Cosmic Gate remix) as blasts from the past :D