This really annoys me....

Briggsy

Clubwise I agree with everything Briggsy said, if you follow on from another DJ then you don't wana kill the vibe by adhering to a pre-planned set when the night has been built up a certain way. It always annoys me a little when DJs insist on stopping the previous DJs final track to start things the way they want.

Totally Tom. Almost insulting if the DJ following you stops the flow of music and ruins all your hard work, When I followed on from you that time up at Bristol, I had apriecated all your hard work, and to not mix in from your records would have just DAMN rude. Hope you remember that time still mate! was a wicked night.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

and to not mix in from your records would have just DAMN rude.

I agree. I followed on from Tom in October, and although our styles are very different, I also mixed into his set. About three tunes into my set, I started to raise the BPM and change style and then took it in my own direction.

There's no excuse for any DJ not to mix into the other DJ in my opinion - even if their style is completely different. It can't be hard to find just two or three tunes that will allow you to crossover. Although I don't play Proggy stuff or slower stuff, i've always got about 8 tunes of each style in my wallet that I like simply for crossing-over purposes - i've got a small amount of everything in my wallet from Electro and Prog, through to Melodic Trance - and then tons of my own style then to do my own thing.

Marcel Woods is one of my favourite DJs, but its always frustrating when he stops the last DJ's tune, and then starts his set - usually a couple of bpm slower than the previous DJ.

It has to be said though, promotors do have to take some of the blame. Putting someone like Markus Schulz playing 135bpm on after Eddie Halliwell boshing it out at 142bpm is just stupid.

Edited by Briggsy

Hope you remember that time still mate! was a wicked night.

Course I remember mate, nice to see Ben has gone on to really achieve a lot in such a short space of time too.

There are occasions when I can understand a DJ stopping a track, but they are few & far between. Armin often stops the previous DJs track to use an intro which sometimes is cool but other times can really grate, I remember seeing him do it after Jules at a Gods X-mas party a few years back, Jules didn't look impressed

Course I remember mate, nice to see Ben has gone on to really achieve a lot in such a short space of time too.

Yeah the guys come on leaps and bounds.

There are occasions when I can understand a DJ stopping a track, but they are few & far between. Armin often stops the previous DJs track to use an intro which sometimes is cool but other times can really grate, I remember seeing him do it after Jules at a Gods X-mas party a few years back, Jules didn't look impressed

Esp if they stop it half way thru as I've had happen to me, (Cos sometimes I play my fave tune last of all) and it well P_I_S_S_E_D me off.

Edited by Hardaway

Does anyone else think that board activity has been greatly reduced lately?

Yeah sorry about that, I've been a bit ill, lol, I am actually a bit drugged up tonight too, so I am here but i can't be arsed to say anything! LOL I am thinking stuff though!! :D

BTW all music styles sound the same, if you are not into it yourself. Just like foriegners looking the same, seeing the wood for the trees etc.

Narrowmindedness.

I thought when I read that DnB all sounds the same that it was a little insulting to a proper DnB fan. To me alot of Hard house sounds the same as eachother, but when I have a roll at playing it alot, it doesn't really!! It's gotta sound fairly similar to be regarded in the same category. Trance aint so diverse, there are alot of sub genres but in the end everything is linked to something else and ALL ROADS LEAD TO ROME!!

In the beginning, there was HOUSE!