JJA Board members night in Coventry - July?

Briggsy

Right guys,

I can get a small venue in Coventry (holds around 250 people) which has a superb soundsystem that would put a lot of big clubs to shame. There's a big dance floor area, and there's also a nice seated area should people want to chat too. Drinks are dirt cheap - around £1.80 for a pint or bottle and £1 for bottled water.

I could get it for a Friday night in July so that we could have a board members meet-up, and anyone that wants to DJ on the night can also put their name forward - but ideally, for the peak-time sets, it'd be nice to keep a Jules-related theme - playing tunes that Jules has played from the late 90's up to the present day. You can play from vinyl or CD - that isn't a problem. I'd get the venue all sorted out equipment wise.

If we aim for July, that gives us plenty of time to get an idea of the amount of people that are coming. The venue would cost around £200 to hire (that includes compulsory security staff), so ideally, we'd need around 100 people minimum paying £2 entry.

Coventry is conveniently located in the West Midlands - so it's fairly central for most people. It easily accessible by train - only an hour and 10 minutes direct from London Euston, 20 direct minutes from Birmingham, and around an hour an 15 minutes from Derby, Nottingham & Leicester. Manchester around 2 hour.

By car, the M6, M40 and M69 (via the M1) all pass through Coventry, making it easily accessible from the East Midlands, The North-West and North-East, and the South and South-West. From Wales, you can get the M5 to near Birmingham, and then M6 or A45 into Coventry.

So, would anyone be up for it? Cheap entry, cheap drinks - and Jules-style music for 6 or 7 hours. Sounds like a plan to me -_-

DEFINATES SO FAR

Briggsy - DJ'ing too

Spin Doctor - DJ'ing too

Uberduck

MAYBES

Hardaway - DJ'ing too

Jason B - DJ'ing too

Moonman - DJ'ing too

Tremor - DJ'ing too

Number 2 Fan

Simcut

Edited by Briggsy

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll give a maybe, also how about some housey stuff to kick things off with? would love to do that!

Defo mate! That'd make a nice bit of variety actually :D

Moonman - i'll see what I can sort out with that. The venue wouldn't supply it, but i'm sure I could hire one in from somewhere. Shouldn't be a problem :D

Spin Doctor - nice one fella!!

Moonman - i'll see what I can sort out with that. The venue wouldn't supply it, but i'm sure I could hire one in from somewhere. Shouldn't be a problem :D

it wouldnt be a problem, i'd hire one from one of the light and sound places, with the leads, its what i normally do!

Unfortunately l won't beable to make it as l have to work on Saturdays and besides its a bit too far for me to travel as it takes an age on the train and l don't fancy driving all that way and then going out for the night, too tiring. :(

Its a great idea so hope it works out well for the rest of you.

Unfortunately l won't beable to make it as l have to work on Saturdays and besides its a bit too far for me to travel as it takes an age on the train and l don't fancy driving all that way and then going out for the night, too tiring. :(

Its a great idea so hope it works out well for the rest of you.

Cheers Chrissie! Yeah its a bit of a mission up from Penzance so I can understand that completely. I wouldn't fancy it myself - it'd be a treck and a half from there :o

I'd be well up for this and would love to play a set too but July is heading into our busiest season at work and I will be away for the last 2 weekends of July most likely. If you could make this early July and set a date as soon as possible I'd book the weekend as holiday and make a firm commitment.

I'd be well up for this and would love to play a set too but July is heading into our busiest season at work and I will be away for the last 2 weekends of July most likely. If you could make this early July and set a date as soon as possible I'd book the weekend as holiday and make a firm commitment.

I'm easy with the dates mate. If people let me know when they're free, and I cna get the venue on that date, then we're sorted :D