JJA Board members night in Coventry - July?

Briggsy

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

seeing as EVERYBODY is taking them off topic, maybe it's ok?

You can get back into topic again, like this:

I'll bring some records and if I am brave enough on the night, I'll do half hour, it may then take a few ppl to remove me from the decks once I start, but I know if I come along and see everyone doing it, I'm gonna wanna have a go.

Although, as practically everyone in the place will be someone who knows how to mix and does it better than me, I may still be too chicken. Afterall the only ppl I have played to before are ppl who just wanna dance and hear tunes, not ppl who can discuss how s*** a particualr mix was.

Anyway, Briggsy........will this event be advertised etc, flyers?? Or anything like that?

Ems why can't you make it??

Edited by Number 2 fan

I do not live in Coventry :(

Number 2 takeover and set the place on fire (not literally)

Ha ha what have you heard ?? ;) Ssssssh!

Ems I want you to go, you don't travel alone, you need to take some friends, they can come, we have a 200 venue to fill, and a bit of Dnb at the end would be cool too.

Anyway, Briggsy........will this event be advertised etc, flyers?? Or anything like that?

It'd be nice to think we could keep it as a private event for board members and their friends to give it a proper JJA board feel - it wouldn't be that hard to do really if 20 people all bring 10 mates - then that'd be 200 people. I know that won't happen - but its do-able.

If we open it up to outsiders, then it'd have to be flyered, etc and then that pushes the costs up - and to be honest, the chances of pulling people in in Coventry are pretty slim. There's no dance scene here at all - its all rock/indie or urban tripe :(

We'll see though - it all depends on people estimates of how many people thay can bring. We don't need to fill the place - just enough to recover the cost of the venue :D

As for set times - personally, I prefer club nights that have a flow - so starting with the slower genres, and working up throughout the night. I don't think we should have those with more playing out experience taking up the peak times because that would affect the flow. House between Trance and Techno (just an example) would kill the atmosphere I reckon. Opinions on that welcome too!

Yeah I think its worth giving the evening a good flow set wise. I'd be up for doing a proper Jules classics set - I'd be best at doing stuff from 99/2000 - just think of the 2000 live radio 1 shows - that sort of set.

Yeah i'm thinking along the same lines. It'll be a nice opportunity to dig out some of Jules's old style tunes that i'be not played for years - such as DJ Gert - Give Me Some More, Huff & Puff - Born Again, Excession - Altitude, Rhythmkillaz - Wack Ass MF, Rockafella - Da Boss Track. Bring it on \o/

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
Any updates??

Not really - there's too many maybes and not enough definates down on the list. The venue will want a rough figure of how many people are going to turn up, plus i'm gonna have to put a deposit down to secure the venue.

I can't give figures because we don't know, and I can't put a deposit down because i'm not prepared to lose it if people don't turn up.

If we can get some figures and guarantees that people will tur up, i'll sort it :D