JJA Board members night in Coventry - July?

Briggsy

OOh bit tasty!! What a shame, such a good idea and such alot of interest, perhaps we should pencil our own diaries in for the future a more long term date that we can all agree on and then pay say 15 quid deposit each, which would then hold the person paying more responsible for turning up etc.

Make it a Saturday so Chrissie can try and come, ems will know a few of us a little better and mught bring some buddies along!!

That's all I can think of really!

Or do it in Kent which would suit me!! :)

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A saturday would be better because it means I wouldn't have to rush around setting everything up after work. They used to hold a hard dance night there on a Saturday though so i'd have to see if that's still the case. Its a very popular venue so its quite tricky to get it booked - hence why I put the message up months ago so that we'd get it in time for July - which is probably unlikely now :(

We should be able to sort something though eventually. We just really need to find a suitable time that suits everyone :(

how about in the autumn sometime... September to November - that way its less likely people will be on holiday and at least for me I can be far more flexible with getting the time off. Im not really allowed to take any time off from mid July until the end of August - not sure if other people are in a similar situation?

how about in the autumn sometime... September to November - that way its less likely people will be on holiday and at least for me I can be far more flexible with getting the time off. Im not really allowed to take any time off from mid July until the end of August - not sure if other people are in a similar situation?

this sounds more feasible. I think we should really set a date though, then everyone can make the necessary arrangements.

Because we wanna recapture that feeling of 99-01 with like minded people.

Yes but this all looks like a pipe dream to me at the minute with a few interested parties and even fewer willing to commit to going.

Yes but this all looks like a pipe dream to me at the minute with a few interested parties and even fewer willing to commit to going.

Very true - its so simple, yet so difficult.

All it takes is someone to say "well actually, i'm free this weekend in August", and then someone to follow it up with "actually, i'm also free that weekend" - and then, voila! Everyone should see a pattern forming and think "well actually, I can make myself available that weekend too - so i'll put my name down too"

With 365 days in the year, it surely can't be that hard for a group of us to spare a day with two or three months advance notice?

Checking my diary now

But actually it's not really that simple is it, it's more likely to go, "I'm free on Sept 1st" to be followed up by some one else saying " I'm not, I can only do the 7th or 21st" to then go "I am better in October" from someone else!! :(

Sadly!!

Briggsy try a date in Sept.

But actually it's not really that simple is it, it's more likely to go, "I'm free on Sept 1st" to be followed up by some one else saying " I'm not, I can only do the 7th or 21st" to then go "I am better in October" from someone else!! :(

That's what I mean though - in theory, it should be so simple, yet none of us can find one day where most of us are free.

Sadly, I think for a lot of people its a case of "well, the concept sounds good so i'll say i'm going but if something better comes along, i'll go to that instead".

I don't think it's that, i think basically none of us want to be the one who lets you down after saying we'll do it, so we can't commit until we get a specific date. Otherwise I could say yeah i'll be there and then when I get to work they might say NO WAY can you be off that day, or my mum wont be able to have my kids, that kinda thing, and then Vice versa that too.