JJA Board members night in Coventry - July?

Briggsy

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4th or 11th are good for me.. and actually the 18th Im still not booked for anything but 25th is definitely not possible for me (also its global gathering so probs not a wise choice as im sure people will be going to that).

My problem is that i dont get weekends off as standard... I have to work when the jobs come in (Im a sound engineer) and weekends are busy in the summer so soon as date is decided I'll book it off.

Also it sounds like you have equipment taken care of but I can help sort stuff if you need anything.

any weekend really is fine for me, but its getting somewhere 2 stay

There's a few hotels within walking distance of the venue mate - including a new Travelodge which is opening any time now which is a stones throw away from the venue (but far enough away not to get disturbed by noise). Weekends tend to be cheaper because they know the businessmen aren't working on Friday and Saturday nights, so I should think a room would be pretty cheap.

I'll keep my eyes open for you once its open :D

There's a few hotels within walking distance of the venue mate - including a new Travelodge which is opening any time now which is a stones throw away from the venue (but far enough away not to get disturbed by noise). Weekends tend to be cheaper because they know the businessmen aren't working on Friday and Saturday nights, so I should think a room would be pretty cheap.

I'll keep my eyes open for you once its open :D

aiii do, let us know, it should be a good night

I would like to make this, but I have 2 questions:

1) Can I wear my chainmail vest (so people know who I am?)

2) Can we bring swords or maces into the club or will they have to be surrendered upon entry?

Thanks.

2) Can we bring swords or maces into the club or will they have to be surrendered upon entry?

Thanks.

WE both know you are too weak to wear the latter and move

Thanks.

Oh yes please

No really it's fine, I'll leave it to the experts. Besides, all my tunes are pretty much Julesy tunes and they are gonna be played as the main attraction sets, and obviously i wont be doing those sets.

Also you know, I just haven't done anything public for quite some time now.

And as I am only down as a maybe anyway, I think it's best.

I might have a few requests though ;)

playing in a club is a reet laugh. You never get nervous until the last tune before you go on. I've played out dozens of times now and I STILL get nervous - i dont know why.

Another reason why i wanna use Traktor, i'll rip a shed load of old vinyl onto MP3 and just bring the laptop and Traktor!