JJA Board members night in Coventry - July?

Briggsy

Right well plenty of ppl wanted to Dj at it, I think if we could all give a definate and a bit of a deposit it will be better, that way only the person backing out loses their deposit. I'm sure anyone DJing and myself are willing and able to give a tenner?

It'd be a shame to let this one slip really! Or is that just me. mine is only a maybe because i live so far, but i would try and make an effort for this. Make it a Saturday night then Chrissie could make it.

Who is actually up for this? Moonman, wakey and You, Tremor.........there was a few weren't there.

SIMON and JASON? EMS get some buddies together girl??

Edited by Number 2 fan

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You are not far from Coventry!! You want to DJ out? You could meet all these lovely people, and have a night out aswell, instead of sitting in ya bedroom!! If you ask me it kills more than 2 birds with one stone!!

No one can be bothered to do bugger all these days!!

Everything has to come to them on a plate.

Better to regret the things you've tried and failed than to regret never trying them at all <_<

Im still very up for this but really need a date to commit to. I can still make the 4th or the 11th at the moment. But the rest of July I am already booked up with work at the weekends - Being a sound engineer working full time for one company means they essentially can make me work whenever gigs are booked in unless I have booked holiday off to guarantee being off.

So if people wanna think about the 4th or 11th and either date is good for a majority, I would be up for booking the time off properly and contributing to deposit etc. Unfortunately the longer it is before I know the date, the more chance there is of me loosing both those weekends to work commitments as well.

It would be a shame to miss the opportunity to do this. Anyone having doubts due to nerves or whatever - dont worry about it - its not a DJ competition - would just be great to meet up with likeminded people with a love for the same music and all have a go and get involved. Im sure if we all bring a few mates along we can get the numbers up too.

Anyone having doubts due to nerves or whatever - dont worry about it - its not a DJ competition

this would be the problem for me since i lack club experience in general, and also hands on experience with equipment. should invest in cdj's soon but i bet they will arrive too late to learn.

this would be the problem for me since i lack club experience in general

To be honest mate, people make a big deal out of DJ'ing out saying its entirely different to being at home, etc - in reality, its just the same, but over a louder system.

If you use your heaphones all the time to mix, like I do, then you'll notice no difference anyway. If you use the sound system, there's a slight delay which can throw things out - but with good monitors, that shouldn't be a problem anyway.

GH2 has good monitors, so you'll be fine. Their mixer is the only thing that is s*** so i'd be taking mine.

GH2 has good monitors, so you'll be fine. Their mixer is the only thing that is s*** so i'd be taking mine.

Wholly agree with that from when I played for Briggsy down there, if he sorts out the mixer then the setup is superb.

then i can plug Traktor in!!!

I'm sure ALL of us are understanding enough to let go any mistakes and mishaps anyway, plus in my experience I have always gone wrong and no one really gives a toss att.

Besides you wont make any mistakes!! You'll love it!

Jules turned the entire sound and light system off in Hastings when I was there, it was no big deal!! It's forgotten in seconds, and you have heard my mixing, I will go if there are enough others going for definite, other wise I can't justify the travelling and use of a babysitting life!!

I have no idea why i have quoted Moonman and not Simon! lol

Edited by Number 2 fan

I feel hungry at awkward times because my body clock is a shambles. If left to my own devices I wake up at 13:00, eat at 14:00, have tea at 18:00, then the snack at about 23:00 ... but on school days I end up needing to eat at those time even I have eaten previously. Complicated? Yeah I think so.

Bedtime bloodey snack, I do any of that I starving when I wake up! Ican't think of a time ever when Ive randomly wokenup duie to being hungry though :lol:

OMG I DO!! I have even got up and eaten because of it, otherwise you cannot get back to sleep when you feel really hungry! Not so much now that I'm fatter, but when I was thin defo. :) I have dreams about food when I am hungry too, in fact I have a very disturbed sleep every night so I have to do all I can to avoid certain sleep mishaps. ;) Trust me. If you slept with me you'd be up all night too. There's screaming and eating............... :unsure: