Rob Corbo and Simon Ross pres Corbossy - Bitter Taste (Original Mix)

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

wow, what an odd thread. It's seems to have gone from a tune, to handbags at dawn. I love keyboard warriors though, i must admit to being one myself. Enough of that, i simply want to listen.

GOOOD!! :) and feedback and i say feedback not mindless harsh comments is much welcomed :)

Thanks buddy :D

Corbo

OK, my opinions!

First of all, to say it is rubbish is very harsh - the production quality in itself is actually quite good. Perhaps a bit of feedback would have been more useful rather than an arsey response. As for Mr Corbo - I think your response back was a bit OTT too - if you want people to give feedback, you need to come across as a bit more professional in my opinion. If people think they're gonna be shot down for replying, then they won't bother.

Anyway, as for the tune - the production sounds really crisp, and it all works well. All the sound levels are balanced right, and there's no clashing keys etc - that part of it is spot on. As for the tune itself - personally, I think its lacking that little something - you've gone for the Trancey breakdown, but with a tempo and bassline thats more Tech-House than Tech-Trance if i'm honest - I feel that the two don't quite sit together right. I think the breakdown works quite well actually, so I think the bassline just needs something a bit extra to make it more Tech-Trance than Tech-House - perhaps a bit more oomph with a bit more going on.

I think the bassline would work without the breakdown would work with a different bassline, and I think the bassline would work without the breakdown or a much shorter breakdown - so you could actually create two different versions running with what you've got. Use the breakdown on a 'tougher' remix, and keep the bassline for a slower, more downtempo' remix.

That's my 2 cents anyway - but the production quality is spot on. Good work :D

It reminds me of the Tech dub mix of Arnej - Strangers We've become, in a way. It nags, and is a bit of a slow burner. I do like these brooding tech tunes. For me personally, i'd like a bit more going on though, mainly with the drums/rhythm. This is clearly a bass led track, so it needs to be memorable and attention grabbing. At the moment i find the rhythm too "straight". That said, the production is very clean, so theres nothing to worry about there.

Something in the vein of the Schossow mix of Sticky Tape - the way the rhythm is f**ked up - and i think you could have a nice little underground track on your hands lads. But then, that could be a Corbrossier remix, because in its current state, i think measures up to some of the stuff available now.

I think KML was just being KML!! :huh: I shouldn't worry about it too much, it was feedback.

He was right in saying that if his opinion was that, it's up to you how you take it!

Anyway...........it reminded me of Raven Maze!

Edited by Number 2 fan

I'll say well type a few more lines, The production has improved the bassline could be a little bit better for my liking and the riff/stabs after the breakdown, the track does fell kinda empty though thats what I mean by it doesnt go anywhere for me.

Thats my take :)

I think the tune sounds well produced and all the elements work well together. I think it lacks a bit of oomph as has been mentioned... after the breakdown I'd like to hear some more oomph there so that the track builds up to something a bit more. I like the kind of cut up effect on the synths in the breakdown.. thats cool.

I have to say though at the moment Im not sure I'd play this alot just because it doesn't quite fit into the stuff I play. I dont mean to sound harsh but it seems like a bit of a filler track in its current state. Keep workin on it though boys.. I have no production skills at all so I appreciate this is harder than it sounds - I think the beats in the intro sound well produced as well.

I'll check this out, feedback to follow... :)

Ok, I've listened just now & it's a good effort. Would be ideal for a set opener.

I think it would benefit more by using the main breakdown bit over the beats when they come in again in the second half of the track, but that's just my personal opinion.

Otherwise, a solid production I reckon :)

Edited by DJ MikeW

I think it would benefit more by using the main breakdown bit over the beats when they come in again in the second half of the track, but that's just my personal opinion.

That is something I planned to do, but actually forgot about until reading your post just now :lol:

Thanks to everyone for downloading and listening so far. Its nice to a lot of you are spending some of your time to hear what we have done. Although it seems to be the same views popping up from each member, its something we can take on board for future isn't it ;)

:)

had a listen to it,not bad i must say,the only thing i thaught was the way the break came in,it didnt sound right to me, maybe adding in a little delay or some different effects to help with the break coming in but apart from that good effort lads hope all works out for yez :D

I think he's simply saying he wouldnt sign this track if he did run a label or whatever

Yeah that is what I see.

Thanks to those of you who have recently listened. Thanks for your eagle-ear comment too Jaylo ... it was my dirty work bringing the break in, I think that was my first attempt too but Rob and I were just very excited about the break itself and just carried on with the track hehe.

Things are going very well so far, I will not give out any details yet though because its still being promoted. When everything is finally sorted, then all will be revealed.

Things are going very well so far, I will not give out any details yet though because its still being promoted. When everything is finally sorted, then all will be revealed.

All I will say on behalf of me and Simon is that the support is going very very well!

When we know what the overall promotion is then you guys will hear about it ;)

Corbo

Production wise its not far off, Breakdown sounds spot on to me. I Dont like the Effect of the beats echo'ed from 4.56 it ruins it for me im afraid. Would sound great in a proggy set, Not something I'd personally play, But Maybe there could be an alternative version that I would, get on it boys.

Overall 8/10