It's been 4 months, but now ...

simonross46

I AM BACK ON THE ROADS OF GREAT BRITAIN!!! :D

My brother bought a new car on Saturday, which meant I got his old one and he kindly gave it to me for nothing. Today I got my insurance (since I have been without internet all weekend - noticed?) and within minutes of being insured I was out there.

Like I say, it's been 4 months since I have driven a car, and that was on December 1st when I passed my test. I was a little rusty but it wasn't long until I picked up a friend and drove around glorious Sleaford. I even overtook a lorry on the dual carriageway!!!

Speed demon - nah not really, I like to think I'm a sensible driver. I aim to be anyway, otherwise its just asking for an accident to happen.

So happy though, you might be able to tell from this post I'm quite hyper :)

I don't have Lexus lights you tard!!! :P The modifications it has are black headlights (the capsules are made from black plastic rather than silver), fire extinguisher under the passenger seat (rally style) and a CB radio to talk to fellow taxi/lorry drivers.

Not exactly a list of 'yeeeeah boi' mods is it? ;)

What I do like is the paint - it is a green flip paint, but not like purple to yellow to green ... it goes from dark green to light green in the light :) Comes as a Corsa standard B)

I will post pictures in here at some point. My brother took a lot of photos when he got it. I know of a restoration thread he made on a car site too, which might be a good read.

I don't have Lexus lights you tard!!! :P The modifications it has are black headlights (the capsules are made from black plastic rather than silver), fire extinguisher under the passenger seat (rally style) and a CB radio to talk to fellow taxi/lorry drivers.

Not exactly a list of 'yeeeeah boi' mods is it? ;)

What I do like is the paint - it is a green flip paint, but not like purple to yellow to green ... it goes from dark green to light green in the light :) Comes as a Corsa standard B)

I will post pictures in here at some point. My brother took a lot of photos when he got it. I know of a restoration thread he made on a car site too, which might be a good read.

bean can exhaust ('zorst to the modders out there)? :P

haha I've not been able to use the CB properly yet, my brother used it loads though because it was initially used for convoy's to car club meetings. There were 3 CB operators, one drove at the front, one in the middle, and one at the back. That way we could communicate if anyone got lost etc. It was certainly very useful.

I could do with a handle though, I like Shaft haha. There is one man who talks on channel 19 24/7 (since 19 is the main channel). He is a proper Lincolnshire farmer but he has awesome gadgets, my favourite is the 'jigsaw' (saw films) voicebox.

Just thought:

You can now experience the McDonalds drive through

!!!!!!!!!!!!!AND BE THE ONE DOING THE ORDERING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CAN'T WAIT!!!

haha, I actually went to a drive through without having a car in Skegness. Me and some friends walked through pretending to drive an invisible car. It was ever so funny, I'm sure you can imagine it.

CAN'T WAIT!!!

haha, I actually went to a drive through without having a car in Skegness. Me and some friends walked through pretending to drive an invisible car. It was ever so funny, I'm sure you can imagine it.

Actually Simon...I can imagine it

Did they serve you?