Host: The Royal - Derby

Type: Party - Night of Mayhem

Network: Global

Start Time: 09 May 2009 at 21:00

End Time: 10 May 2009 at 04:30

Street: Victoria Street

Town/City: Derby, United Kingdom

Exclusive! Exclusive! Exclusive!

Radio Ones ‘PETE TONG’ to headline the Royals 1st Birthday, Saturday 9th May 09.

To celebrate our 1st birthday party we are proud to welcome one of the Worlds most respected DJs to our unique 640 Capacity club. This is your chance to melt into an atmosphere of pure dance culture in Derby’s most forward thinking live and club venue. Two rooms of pumping sound! One atmosphere of PURE excess!

This is our biggest booking to date and for all of those who lived the magic of PETE TONG at BLEND many years ago, this will be MASSIVE. Advanced tickets go on sale 9am Friday 27th March. We strongly advise you book early to avoid disappointment!! THIS WILL SELL OUT!

£8 Advanced Early Bird Ticket available from Seetickets.com 9am Friday 27th March.

(Copied off facebook)

Is he worth going to see?

Tong is an ICON and worth seeing IMO just to be ticked off ya to - do list!

He's cool, and worth seeing if he's at a 'cinema near you' so to speak.

He's well worth putting ya make up on to before a big night out, radio show wise!

For 8 quid, wth do ya want? ;)

Edited by Number 2 fan

Have heard great things about The Royal (thru Amplified) so the venue is gona be class. Tong's shows of late have been getting better & better imo, though I've no idea how he would play out at an event such as this

Pete Tong live from the Phoenix Festival on R1 back in 1996 was the first essential mix I ever recorded and I didn't miss a live one again for about 6-7 years.

Tongy was a legend, obviously I preferred it when he played trance though all those (happy) years ago. He never sounded so happy on the radio as he did at Gatecrasher Lotherton Hall in 1999. Can't say I'd make an effort to go see him now though.

Edited by Gregg