View File

01. Loop Da Loop - 'Hazel' (Johan S Toxic Club Mix) [Manifesto]

02. Bodie & Doyle - 'Head Loop' [bubble]

03. Inner City - 'Good Life (Buena Vida)' (Way Out West Remix) [PIAS UK]

04. DJ Sakin & Friends - 'Protect Your Mind' (Lange Remix) [Positiva]

05. Yomanda - 'Synth & Strings' [Manifesto]

06. The Invisible Man - 'Give A Little Love' [serious]

07. Dial 'M' For Moguai - 'Beatbox' (Knuckleheadz Mix) [EC]

08. Lost Witness - 'Happiness Happening' (Lange Mix) [iNCredible/Ministry Of Sound]

09. Big Bang Theory - 'unknown' [All Nite E.P Vol. 2] [slip'n Slide]

10. Cevin Fisher - '(You Got Me) Burning Up' (Queen St. Orchestra Vocal Mix) [subversive]

11. Mr. Spring - 'Blaxxtraxx 3 (Funky Nassau)' (Unknown Remix) [white label]

12. The Cardigans - 'My Favourite Game' (Unknown Remix) [white label]

13. The Headliners - 'Who's My DJ?' (Original "Time Is It, Is It" Mix)[universal Island]

14. Gold 'n' Delicious - 'Ascension' (Lange Remix) [white label]

15. Topazz - 'The New Millennium' [Real Groove]

16. Big Room Girl - 'Raise Your Hands' (Futureshock's Tech Dub) [VC]

17. Studio 45 - 'Freak It' (Disco Elements (Robs No Ears Mix)) [Azuli]

18. Humate - 'Love Stimulation' (Paul Van Dyk's Love-Club-Mix) [Deviant]

19. Liquid Child - 'Diving Faces' [Neo]

Half-Hour Mix

20. Rajunah - 'If' (Lambert & Dimech Mix) [starbuck]

21. OD1 - 'The Whore' [bosca Beats]

22. Electronique Boutique - 'Revelation' [Data]

23. System F - 'Out Of The Blue' [Tsunami]

24. Veracocha - 'Carte Blanche' [Positiva]

25. DJ Paola - 'Souls Of The Tribe' (Jon The Dentist Mix) [Voltage Controlled Remixes]

26. Three Drives - 'Greece 2000' (Miro Vocal Mix) [Hooj Choons]

• Submitter
  • Submitted
    03/28/2009
  • Category

Edited by Simcut

01. Loop Da Loop - 'Hazel' (Johan S Toxic Club Mix) [Manifesto]

02. Bodie & Doyle - 'Head Loop' [bubble]

03. Inner City - 'Good Life (Buena Vida)' (Way Out West Remix) [PIAS UK]

04. DJ Sakin & Friends - 'Protect Your Mind' (Lange Remix) [Positiva]

05. Yomanda - 'Synth & Strings' [Manifesto]

06. The Invisible Man - 'Give A Little Love' [serious]

07. Dial 'M' For Moguai - 'Beatbox' (Knuckleheadz Mix)[EC]

08. Lost Witness - 'Happiness Happening' (Lange Mix) [iNCredible/Ministry Of Sound]

09. Big Bang Theory - 'unknown' [All Nite E.P Vol. 2] [slip'n Slide]

10. Cevin Fisher - '(You Got Me) Burning Up' (Queen St. Orchestra Vocal Mix)[subversive]

11. Mr. Spring - 'Blaxxtraxx 3 (Funky Nassau)' (Unknown Remix) [white label]

13. The Headliners - 'Who's My DJ?' (Original "Time Is It, Is It" Mix)[universal Island]

14. Gold 'n' Delicious - 'Ascension' (Lange Remix) [white label]

15. Topazz - 'The New Millennium' [Real Groove]

16. Big Room Girl - 'Raise Your Hands' (Futureshock's Tech Dub) [VC]

17. Studio 45 - 'Freak It' (Disco Elements (Robs No Ears Mix)) [Azuli]

18. Humate - 'Love Stimulation'(Paul Van Dyk's Love-Club-Mix)[Deviant]

19. Liquid Child - 'Diving Faces' [Neo]

Half-Hour Mix

25. DJ Paola - 'Souls Of The Tribe' (Jon The Dentist Mix) [Voltage Controlled Remixes]

I used to have this half hour mix on tape years ago, the hilarity of Three Drives being cut off so quickly by the Westwood intro!

Edited by JasonB

Normally if I left click on download file the Nero thing pops up and it downloads into there!!

I'll do it your way if you like, or I'll try?

Nope if I right click it says "save link as" not file ????

Why doesn't it work like the others? <_<

The others are still ok!

Edited by Number 2 fan

I had this piece of Vinyl all it had written on it was 'Fromage - Fave Game' No help want so ever but great remix of it, IMO!

and the last half hour mix is just so well constructed it must have been practised a few times for sure, Just fits far to well. REF..

Number 2: do you use firefox? choose "save link as" and save the file to your desktop or sometihng, it should then start downloading in full.

The reason why it is different is because the normal upload method is broken at present, so I'm sorry it's different but it's better than no new audio at all.

Jase where's the thanks for recording the show rather than criticising the tracklist? btw that isnt my tracklist.... :/

Sorry if you think I'm being cranky but I am! nobody's even thanked us for providing the audio yet lol :/

Edited by Simcut

A well earned Thanks! would be in place for this incredible set which Simon have pulled out of his neverending tape archive!

Just listen to the quality of the recording... it's over 10 years ago it was recorded!!! amazing if you ask me :)

That's how you store tapes people... with respect! :thumbsup:

Thanx simcut, trying it that way, hope it works, I have been soooooooo longing for this one. :)

Why would it work differently to the others I downloaded before!?

Cause the file upload method (uploading from your personal PC) wont work at the moment, when we try it an error message comes up (Tim & co. are working on it)

So we are having to use 'remote upload' (uploading elsewhere and providing a link to it), so this is why it works differently for this one.

By the way when I have a moment I'll send u a msg explaining how u can get your browser to ask you how you want to open a mp3 rather than just opening it straight in Nero and playing for example.

What browser are you using? Firefox or IE?

It's Firefox, Nero pops up usually and says something and then it downloads into there and all is fine. But a few just come up with a whole new page that plays the mix thru, not Nero tho!! Which actually i sometimes like as I don't always like downloading unless I'm on the music hard drive, but now and again a play thru is cool.

However i plugged in the other hard drive tonight specifically for this show, which means such a great deal to me to have again and it wouldn't do it's normal thing!! Anyway thanx for help, it's on my desktop now.

Have you seen how many downloads it's had? where are all these secret downloaders?

OMFG!!! SIMCUT I LOVE YOU!!!! AWESOME!!

Absolutely f**king brilliant, how did I survive before I knew about this place!! :D

I'm going to cry now! This show is one of the reasons Jules was King of the world!!

CHHOOOOOOOOOOONNNNSSSSS!!!!!!!!

Gosh it's like going back in time. That 'if' tune I have been after since he played it on this show.

Edited by Number 2 fan

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

just nabbing this now. I'm quite looking forward to that mastermix. It never ceases to amaze me how far in advance Jules had these tunes. Synth N Strings, Happiness Happening, Carte Blanche etc - he had them a good 4-5 months before release. You just dont get that now with downloads. This is why the quality survived and th dross quickly disappeared, and its why the quality of music was far better back then. Electrique Boutique - What a tune. Lookin' forward to this.

So, i've just listenened to this. Wow, its a good one. There's quite a few good tracks on here. Firstly that Loop Da Loop "Hazel" track. I never heard the Johan S mix (what happened to him, he did loads of "Toxic Club" mixes at the time) but i think its the best of the bunch from what i can remember. I forgot how good the Lange mix of DJ Sakin is aswell. I remember buying that thinking who the F was Lange? that was answered pretty quickly through the firt quarter of 99.

Then into that Bodie & Doyle (galaxy high?!?) track, which again is very nice. Studio 45 has always been a cracking track aswell, i didnt realise it was as old as what it actually is. That mastermix at the end is als one of his best. Superb stuff.

The thing with this for me is, you can feel the quality of the tunes, and you can sense that at the time with all this great new (at the time) music that 1999 was going to be a special year. This would have been when i was into house music, but not Jules at the time. I was listening to a local radio station called Vibe FM and listened to a guy called Busta Brooker a lot. I didn't start listening to Jules until mid 1999. Great stuff, i wonder what people ar upto these days that would have hear this show back at the time?

I didn't start listening to Jules until mid 1999. Great stuff, i wonder what people ar upto these days that would have hear this show back at the time?

It used to fluctuate but I'm sure I read somewhere that Jules used to pull in 6 million listeners back in 1999 for his radio shows; I think currently it's about 1-2 million.

So where are those 4 million people now? What are they doing? Are they married and have kids? And do they have dusty Jules tapes in the attic? We'll never know :(

just nabbing this now. I'm quite looking forward to that mastermix. It never ceases to amaze me how far in advance Jules had these tunes. Synth N Strings, Happiness Happening, Carte Blanche etc - he had them a good 4-5 months before release. You just dont get that now with downloads. This is why the quality survived and th dross quickly disappeared, and its why the quality of music was far better back then. Electrique Boutique - What a tune. Lookin' forward to this.

I was sitting in the sun today just thinking the same thing, I was listening to Clubbers guide to 2000, thinking how fu*king amazing CD 2 still sounds, I never really got into CD1 even at the time. Not for a straight play through.

Great stuff, i wonder what people are up to these days that would have heard this show back at the time?

Well actually.......I was just sitting in the sun today................

I dunno where they are, well I do know where alot of them are, many moved on to other genres and other DJ's, Jules has and always will be a gateway DJ, introducing people to quality interesting and reasonably varied dance music and names that they can then take further if an appeal arises but still hold some of these tunes in their hearts, others just think they are too old to be bothered with dance music, some just turned boring, some 'DIE HARDS' just ran out of money or people to go out with :(

Jules has and always will be a gateway DJ, introducing people to quality interesting and reasonably varied dance music and names that they can then take further if an appeal arises but still hold some of these tunes in their hearts, others just think they are too old to be bothered with dance music, some just turned boring, some 'DIE HARDS' just ran out of money or people to go out with :(

A 'gateway' DJ - I like that, I think that's quite a good moniker to put on him. Certainly wouldn't be into dance music if it wasn't for him.

• 6 months later...