Tunes you wish jules had never touched

Airheadz/s, i bought the AM:PM promo which had the Dido sample resung completely diferent and f***ed it up, i dont quite know why I kept hold of it as long as I did! the original bootleg which is what you are on about was alright tome, maybe sound pretty novelty like now though.

Progress presents Boy Wunda-Everybody, so basic pointless annoying!!

I got Stanley on White label - the proper bootleg but actually I dont really like it much either - was def a novelty record at the time.

Cant think of many off top of my head and yet I know there are some... will come to me later. One that does spring to mind is that bootleg of mark ronson - stop me (think it was his own remix but I didn't like it) - sounded well out of place in his sets at the time

I also have the full bootleg of Airheadz "Stanley" (Stanley's In A Trance Bootleg). At the time i thought it was well cool, but it is very "sign of the times" asthat Eminem tune was everywhere at the time.

I've never been a fan of Yves Deruyter "Factor Y", jules hammered it and it just didnt grab me at all, i just couldnt see the appeal.

As for breaking set flow, Nappy Hardcore "The Laugh" cleared a few floors i seem to remember...

Factor Y is one of my favourite tunes!

I guess we're not all gonna agree on this topic tho.. haha. I also quite liked the laugh but I can imagine it might have sounded weird in a club set. I liked those novelty tunes Jules played tho. Jules also played another tune sampling a baby laughing... Electronic Battle Babies or something... anyone on here know anything about that? think he played it around 98/99

Factor Y is one of my favourite tunes!

I guess we're not all gonna agree on this topic tho.. haha. I also quite liked the laugh but I can imagine it might have sounded weird in a club set. I liked those novelty tunes Jules played tho. Jules also played another tune sampling a baby laughing... Electronic Battle Babies or something... anyone on here know anything about that? think he played it around 98/99

I kno nappy hardcore sampled jules' then toddler son, so maybe that track is another version of that? yeah its interesting to see tho, tracks that you thought were great, got on other peoples wick!!!!

Personally I can't stand Brainbug, and it seemed to hang around forever with people saying, "oh I love this tune" I find it very hard to dance to and so mid set it was a pain in the butt and even worse when Jules had a phase of trying to scratch mix it!!

I heard that poxy tune last night, that Alanis morrisette tune, danced up in about 96-7 and it was being played last night while I was quite enjoying myself. Had to leave the dancefloor at that point! (that weren't Jules tho!)

Yves Deruyter - Factor Y is a tune i'm very fond of from back in the day...

I'd say it's some of the novelty tracks, like that The Gossip remix, really repetitive and dull, but there's never been anything really bad - oh wait - "Let the Bass Kick" - Chav central! When tunes are played to death they become pretty annoying too....

I've never been a fan of Yves Deruyter "Factor Y", jules hammered it and it just didnt grab me at all, i just couldnt see the appeal.

:eek: What? This track is class!!

That Wizeguys - Mr. Brightside is definitely one of those tracks that stops me dancing and causes me to stand in a grump with my arms crossed :wall: . In fact any song that samples music featured on daytime radio makes me cringe. Can't really think of any older tracks that I hated him playing <_< .

I've got Repeated Love, Tongy used to cain it aswell, It is very simple and very repetitive, I'm questioning why I bought it back then ha ha! Rollercoasters mix adds donky bassline to it so that could be it :lol:

Edited by JasonB

That awful bootleg that Jules made with the Soft Cell - Tainted Love sample, combined with Southside Spinners - Luvstruck. One of the worst and most cringeworthy things that Jules has ever played.

Nappy Hardcore - The Laugh is also pretty dire.

was never keen on the softcell booty but didnt mind nappy hardcore

In all the years listening to Jules he would always, without fail play at least one dodgy tune that would make me cringe - I just came to expect it. 7

Always remember him being the first to support Tocas Miracle which ruined a perfectly good tune at the time!