Armin van Buuren - Shivers VS Angelic - Its my Turn (Mashup)

Number2Fan

I really love this mash-up which was first played by A&B @ Space, (R1 in Ibiza Aug 2005) and was listed as Armin Vs Angelic "Rebirth of an Angel"

I remember it well as l wrote to Jules about it and asked him if he liked it too. He told me that he had given A&B the Angelic vocal to put that version together but had no idea they were going to play it that night @ Space. Jules and Amanda were upstairs @ Space (in the R1 production area) when they heard it for the first time.

They made it as a bit of a p*** take seeing as Armin had used an almost identical chord progression (if I remember correctly), heard them play it at Gods once. It works ok but the instrumental version of the track is the best version

The original was an instrumental and they couldn't get anyone to want it unless they added some vocals, so Jules said he's heard his wife singing in the shower (to happiness happening I think)* and he thought her voice would suit it.

So he sat in the garden and wrote some lyrics (that probably meant something to him at that time) and Angelic was born.

I've heard the instrumental, I really liked it, I quite like the vocal one too though.

Edited by Number 2 fan

aiii its a good story

kinda reminds me of the old peter kay joke lol.....so how did you come to enter stars in there eyes ...well the husband was downstairs, and heard me upstairs singing, and shouted up turn that cd off :lol:

Heres the original instrumental of Angelic if you can find a copy anywhere: http://www.discogs.com/Sunscreem-Change/release/554243

reading on a messageboard reply from the band, heres how the track came about:

http://www.mail-archive.com/sunscreem@yaho...m/msg00300.html

Darren Tate (aka Angelic) was commissioned to remix "Change", a track

on the then forthcoming Pulse8 album "Out Of The Woods". Pulse8 only

got as far as releasing "Catch" as a single before the label

collapsed. They lost a court battle with Rohan Heath of the Urban

Cookie Collective for non-payment of royalties which seems to have

contributed to their financial collapse. It was really annoying as the

artwork and tracklists for the next single ("Cover Me") and the album

were already known and published.

A limited vinyl release of the Trouser Enthusiasts' remix of "Cover

Me" came out some time later...apparently it was an attempt to recoup

some money, as TE didn't get paid by the record company for those

remixes. Then Darren Tate removed Lucia's vocals from his remix of

Change and got in Amanda O'Riordan (Judge Jules' wife) to record new

vocals. The result was called "It's My Turn" and got to #11 in the UK

in June of 2000. We can only guess how "Change" might have performed

for Sunscreem, but if it had been as successful as the track it later

became, it would have been Sunscreem's biggest ever UK hit.

Happy Christmas all

Neil

Unless I'm mistaken, the youtube clip from the first post in this thread is ripped from Above & Beyond's Radio 1 set in Ibiza a few years ago... I should upload it sometime as it was quite a good set!

Heres the original instrumental of Angelic if you can find a copy anywhere: http://www.discogs.com/Sunscreem-Change/release/554243

I actually have this at home and I think I am right in saying that you will be disappointed to hear it isn't the true original instrumental mix of It's My Turn that we all yearn for; rather, it sounds more like a pilot version that inspired the Angelic track in the first place. What I'm trying to say is it's close, but it's not the same! :confused:

I remember the first time Jules ever played the the instrumental version on Radio one back in 1999 - he said it was by "unknown" on white label, always though it was funny cause he was in on the tune.

To be fair if it was derived from the Sunscream tune then he may have played it prior to getting clearance for the use of the original idea (or whatever). If that's the case then he doesn't want to explain he's behind it in case he gets any legal comeback. It happens a fair bit