Your ideal club line-up

Briggsy

So, you've been given the opportunity to promote any club in the country for one day. You can choose any club in the UK, and you've got no limit on DJ fee's - you can book any DJ's you like to fill a line-up. The opening times are 10pm until 6.30am. Who would you pick as your line-up?

10pm til 11pm - Genix

11pm til 12.30am - Markus Schulz

12.30am til 1.30am - Marcel Woods

1.30am til 3am - Eddie Halliwell

3am til 4.30am - Richard Durand

4.30am til 5.30am - Simon Patterson

5.30am til 6.30am - Greg Downey

Off the top of my head...

10.00 - 11.30 Jody Wisternoff

11.30 - 12.30 Tom Bailey (I couldn't resist, if we're talking fantasy then why not?)

12.30 - 01.30 Niklas Harding

01.30 - 03.00 Andy Moor

03.00 - 04.30 Markus Schulz

04.30 - 05.30 Super 8 & Tab

05.30 - 06.30 Bryan Kearney

I still feel at the moment that there's a real lack of a proper peak time headline DJ who's actually worth booking. PvD is all over the place & Armin has gone very cheesy

10pm til 11pm - Tall Paul (His style 'back in the day')

11pm til 12.30am - Marco V (Again, his style from back then)

12.30am til 1.30am - Simon Patterson

1.30am til 3am - John O'Callaghan

3am til 4.30am - Richard Durand

4.30am til 5.30am - Scot Project

5.30am til 6.30am - Bryan Kearney

;)

It kinda annoys me that I never really got to see Jules in the glory days of '99 - '01. He was supreme back then but I was a youngster. That said he's still played some magnificent sets when I've seen him

05.30 - 06.30 Bryan Kearney

You've suprised me with that choice Tom - I thought he'd have been too boshy :o I agree though - Bryan Kearney is very under-rated.

I still feel at the moment that there's a real lack of a proper peak time headline DJ who's actually worth booking. PvD is all over the place & Armin has gone very cheesy

Agreed! PvD has always been over-rated in my opinion anyway. He's been playing 1998, Born Slippy and Camisra's Let Me Show You in his sets regularly for years now, and its very tedious and predictable. Armin is playing too many girlie sing-a-long tunes, and Tiesto attracts a crap audience on the rare occasion he plays a club set. Eddie has been well off form for the last 18 months, Oakie is dire and A&B are predictable and boring.

John O'Callaghan is about the most consistent at the moment out of all the Trance DJ's - he'd be my choice as a main peak-time DJ at the moment. Ferry is also getting back to his best. Bryan Kearney should be getting more peak-time sets because the guy has some serious talent.

If Barry Connell was still alive though, he'd be my first choice on any line-up. I was a massive fan of his - the lad had some serious skills!

Regarding the Kearney choice - I used to love harder techno & trance so I still have an affinity for that kind of music when it's done right (most of it got a little turgid). Bryan's sets are always unique too, lots of edits & private remixes which add a touch all of his own to every set.

JOC is definately one of the better peaktime trance DJs at the moment but I haven't seen him live enough to rate him properly