YOUR FIRST RECORD!!

Number2Fan

Mine was on Ashes to Ashes last night, it was Haircut 100 - Love plus one and I was 7 at the time :) I still have it :)

The intro reminds me of being 7 and every day being sunny school holidays, as we usually broke up from school on my birthday in July and that's when I bought it probably. Warm! Can still remember seeing this on TOTP's!

Wish I was still 7. Now I have most pop tunes from that era!! And alot of Ska!

Youtube Video ->

What was yours? clips if you're for it please! Bought by you?

Edited by Number 2 fan

the 1st non dance record i ever bought was by some crap band looking back it now by a band called no mercy or something ( i was 6 or 7)

the 1st vinyl dance records i ever bought was spiller - groovejet & marc et claude - i need your lovin

the 1st non dance record i ever bought was by some crap band looking back it now by a band called no mercy or something ( i was 6 or 7)

the 1st vinyl dance records i ever bought was spiller - groovejet & marc et claude - i need your lovin

Hmmmmm well the first 12" I bought specifically for my decks was Cygnus X - Orange theme

but i had some dance tunes before that, 7" s again, like KLF, D-Mob, The Shamen, that kinda thing. lolol

Nice one Spin Doctor, i actually don't like that tune, never have but I know alot of people who do.

I used to love and still do love Soft Cell and Depeche Mode when I was younger! :)

Edited by Number 2 fan

The first record I bought- I bought two at the same time Karen Young-Hot Shot 97 and Janice Robinson-Earthbeat (2X12"), those were the first three slabs of vinyl I bought, back in october 1997, I remember like it were yesterday!

First record CD wise, I dont know about singles, the first album I bought was Oasis-Whats The Story.

First album I got given was Michael Jackson 'Bad', that's the first tape (as it was then) I can remember enjoying. My first vinyl purchase was Pants & Corset 'Malice In Wonderland' (the 2004 mixes). Told you I was once a bosh monkey :P

First dance music single of any kind I got was Camisra 'Let Me Show You' in 1997 B)

first 2 i remember buying on vinyl were Y Traxx - Mysteryland and Nalin and Kane - Beachball.

Awww I heard Beachball out on Friday night, F**king loved it actually! really good to hear it again. :)

First album I bought was True Blue - Madonna on TAPE cassette, I was 11 and again with Birthday money, as my nan had bought me a second hand tape player from the junk shop :) I spent any birthday money I got on Batteries and that tape. Then I discovered the art of recording your own Radio shows in ya bedroom!

Before that, I had to wear headphones on the record player in the frontroom, it was one you could line four records up on and an arm would come across and put the next piece of vinyl on for you. SOOOOOOO TRENDY!! :D Used to have to balance a 2p piece on the needle too.

Ems you have to tell us now!

Edited by Number 2 fan

Pre DJ era, I think it wasp pretty much 2 Unlimited album followed by Sash.

I think my first vinyl... ah I can't remember :(

Come to think of it, I can't quite put my finger on it, but I remember doing a 15 minute mix or so with some of my first purchased records (was given a load when I bought my Technics from some gentleman on JJ.net - think his name was James from Cambridge who decided to give up DJ'ing as he was becoming a father (Lynnie, do you recall, it was way back in the day for me then and my memory has gone? )

But it either:

Pedro Del Mar - Temple of Dreams (Shah remix)

Picotto - Pulsar (2002 remix)

HiGate - You and Me

LOL PJ and Duncan eh!! No tune is too embarrassing to mention, they have all brought something to someones life and have memories attached, even if you wouldn't p*ss on it if it were on fire now!!!

I've bought some mega awful music in my time, and I still HAVE IT!! I love it for what it is.

My first ever CD was called DANCE ZONE level 2, and was given to me by a special person who I DJ'd with, when I left my first job, now it's fairly cheesey but it's the first dance compilation I ever had and as I had just begun proper clubbing it contained a few gems for me, as it was very hard to find music in those days. Hard to find out the names of tunes etc, I did listen to KISS which was awesome but the signal wasn't that good all the time tbh. Anyway, I love that CD I bought all the next ones level 3/4/5/6/7 !!

Also the fact that CD's had so much of a clearer sound, so some of the tunes on there really did come over well, and I then saved up and bought my own massive stereo from SONY that played 5 CD's, lol and would wake me up with KISS FM! Cost me a fortune, and I went on to buy millions of CD's.

Edited by Number 2 fan