PaSSion, The Emporium, Coalville. Bank Holiday Event

Passion is a top club - my second favourite after the Ministry. Always a great atmosphere, the crowd are always friendly and clued up - and despite it being run by JFK, it is actuallty well organised (if the rumours are true, Genix does most of the hard work anyway - but JFK gets the credit).

I definately agree with your choice of top two clubs there mate, The Gallery @ Ministry is pretty much streets ahead of anywhere else I've played but the atmosphere at PaSSion is magnificent. Along with ElectronicSessions & Digital Society I think they are miles in front of the rest of the trance promotions in the UK right now.

As regards JFK I have nothing but good things to say about him, each time I've played for PaSSion he's been very welcomming & always positive & chatty, he's a lot more involved than people seem to believe & between him & Genix it's a definate team effort. I also think it's very commendable the way that PaSSion have undertaken the whole Nu:PaSSion concept (& not simply because I'm a part of it). For a club of that magnitude to give relative unknowns the chance to play & play regularly at such a prestigious event is exceptional imo.

As regards JFK I have nothing but good things to say about him, each time I've played for PaSSion he's been very welcomming & always positive & chatty, he's a lot more involved than people seem to believe & between him & Genix it's a definate team effort.

Fair play then. There's been a few rumours about JFK on various forums saying some DJ's wouldn't play for him, and it was Genix that had convinced them to play for Passion instead. There's a lot of people that have it in for JFK though so I think he just gets singled out because of his handling of Andy Bagguley and Marc West. They were Passion favourites so I don't think the die-hard Passion regulars will let that drop.

I also think it's very commendable the way that PaSSion have undertaken the whole Nu:PaSSion concept (& not simply because I'm a part of it). For a club of that magnitude to give relative unknowns the chance to play & play regularly at such a prestigious event is exceptional imo.

I agree mate. Passion and GoodGreef seem to be the only brands that give unknowns the chance to show what they've got. Its a pity Godskitchen and Gatecrasher don't take note and do something similar. Gatecrasher continually waste a pricey, fairly established DJ (usually Menno de Jong or Manual le Saux) on warm-up duties at our costs which bumps up the ticket price, when there are DJ's such as yourself out there that could do the job just as good, if not better - without charging a £1000 DJ fee + expenses which would keep ticket prices lower - which everyone needs at the moment with them being out of work or at risk of losing their jobs.

Here's the set in full along with download link ;)

Recorded live from 'PaSSion', The Emporium, Coalville.

Sunday May 3rd 2009

Tracklist

01. Chris Cargo 'Backstabber' [Radio With Pictures]

02. Ida Engberg & David West 'Supercluster' (Tiger Stripes Remix) [Pickadoll]

03. Rocky 'City Lights' (Brisker & Magitman Remix) [Echoes Records]

04. Pryda 'Reeperbahn' [Pryda]

05. Paul Thomas & Richard Dinsdale 'Butter Hammer' [Hot Fingers]

06. Alex Kenji 'A Lot Of' [Hot Fingers]

07. D-Nox & Beckers 'Cala A Boca' [sprout]

08. Pryda 'Loaded' [Pryda]

09. Sidesmokers 'Sugar Beats' [Currve]

10. Proff 'Orange Glow' [Anjuna Deep]

11. Holden & Thompson 'Nothing' (Ad Brown Remix) [CD-R]

12. Pryda 'Lift' [Pryda]

13. Dinka 'Civilisation' [Anjuna Deep]

14. Gai Barone 'Lilith' (Original Hard Kick Mix) [Afterglow]

15. Dakota 'Chinook' [Coldharbour Red]

16. Zombie Nation 'Kernkraft 400' (Russell G & Steve Haines Remix) [CD-R]

17. Arnej 'Dust In The Wind' [Coldharbour]

18. Blake Jarrell 'Eilat' [Electronic Elements]

19. Bartlett Bros & Martin Roth 'Losing Gravity' (Martin Roth Nu-Style Dub) [Lunatique]

20. Synergy 'Hello Strings' [Armind]

DOWNLOAD

Just goes to show he is true talent when people enjoy the music and not the name! ;)

I think everyone that likes Markus likes him for what he does - not because its 'cool' to like him. He's very unique, he doesn't bash out anthems, classics or novelty tunes all the time to get a reaction - he just sticks to his sound and doesn't keep changing to 'keep up' with everyone else. Nobody copies his style - and he doesn't copy other DJ's style to get higher profile gigs (something which PvD, Tiesto and Armin were guilty of when they were lower down the rankings and all wanted to fight to get to the top).

Markus is the only DJ around that nobody seems to criticise - he seems to be very well regarded whether people like his style or not. I've never seen anyone, on any forum, say "Markus Schulz is crap because....", "The night was going well until Markus Schulz came on...", etc - and there's not many DJ's around that have that these days. Every other DJ seems to have critics on forums for one reason or another.

His consistency over the last couple of years are worthy of a World Number 1 ranking - he's been far more consistent than everyone else inside the top 10 - however, because he doesn't play a mainstream style that is popular with everyone (IE, All styles of Trance like Armin, Tiesto and PvD do, he'll never get there - although i'm glad in a way because everyone that has got to number 1 seems to have gone downhill once they've got there (probably through lazyness knowing they've gone as high as they can go). They also tend to get a bit big-headed (although fair play to Armin, he's still playing clubs at a reasonable fee and hasn't priced himself out of regular UK club gigs like Tiesto and PvD have).

Cheers for all of the 'good luck' wishes folks. I'm delighted to announce that I've been confirmed as part of the 'Nu:PaSSion' roster so should be appearing at PaSSion events regularly from now on :D

http://www.passionuk.com/nupassion.html

well done Tom nice t see ya gettin out there fair play :D

i unfrotunatley aint gonna be ale to make Mothering Duties :(

Hope all goes well tho sure will be banging night :winkthumbsup:

well done Tom nice t see ya gettin out there fair play :D

i unfrotunatley aint gonna be ale to make Mothering Duties :(

Hope all goes well tho sure will be banging night :winkthumbsup:

No worries Donna, you're a couple of weeks late anyway :P

Welcome to the board.