Judge Jules - May Mix 2009 (MoS 24.04.09)

Burien

01. Richard Durand - Slow Geisha (Magik Musik)

02. Dj Dero - Dero's Rave (Black Hole)

03. Wippenberg – Chakalaka (Tristan D Remix) (iTunes)

04. Galen Behr & Leon Bolier - Wet Dream (Violent Youth)

05. Charlie feat. Trinity - Unbreakable (Will Atkinson Remix) (CGI)

06. AJ Gibson - Stories (Essential Records)

07. Moonman - Don't Be Afraid (John Gibbons & Simon Tist Remix) (White Label)

08. Paul Webster - Corruption (Mac & Taylor 2008 Mix) (Captivating Sounds)

09. Arnej - Dust In The Wind (Coldhabour)

10. Corderoy - That Camera Track (White Label)

11. Cliff Coenraad - Gone South (High Contrast)

12. Killswitch - Loop Noir (Will Atkinson Midnight Remix) (Phase Seven Records)

13. Tristan D Pres. Ratty - Heat Of The Sunrise 2009 (White Label)

14. Christopher Lawrence & Dave Aude Ft. Jen Lasher - Lie To Ourselves (Audacious Records)

15. Breakfast - Remember (Flashover Records)

16. ReLocate & Mark Sixma - Piranha (Heatbeat Remix) (2Play Records)

17. Calvin Harris - I'm Not Alone (Harry Harrison Uplifting Dub) (White Label)

18. Michael Dow - Banshee (Slinky Digital)

Edited by Burien

really unsure about 1 .. 3 and 8

number 1 is an old tune jules palyed before with great vocals and i got it in my hard drive but the name i cant remember

number 3 is dj dero but dj dero called an old tune do the rave stopore do the retro stop jules palyed it in 2007 ore 2006 then he released it and called it i retro so it cant be this name

and number 8 is an tune jules palyed before but i cant remember please help.. :lol:

Edited by Burien

Just had a quick flick through... I must admit Ive not given it a proper listen but it seems like the tunes are pretty randomly placed in the set. There's not much here that I like either from a quick scan.

Richard Durand tune sounds good but not one of his best.

Charlie G - Unbreakable sounds very good - the main one that stood out to me.

Cliff Coenraad is a good tune - I have the Leon Bolier mix but I think this is the original... I like it also might get it as well.

Re:Locate & Mark Sixma - Piranha (Heatbeat Remix) - I like this also - but then there aren't many heatbeat remixes or tunes I dont like - they could start to get a bit boring though... seems to be a very similar structure to vergatron.. I hope they aren't all gonna end up sounding the same too much.

The Calvin Harris remix is also good - personally I love the original as well so its nice to have a trance mix of it.

Apart from these nothing else stood out for me. Again lots of pointless remixes - ratty sunrise - why?, moonman - dont be afraid - why?, corderoy - that camera track - awful! Im kinda glad I didn't go to ministry assuming this was the set from there although it woulda been nice to meet some people and hopefully Armin was much better.

Ive not kept very up to date with Jules' shows recently but seems some of the current tunes he's supporting are pretty disappointing.. but a few gems in there too. Hope it gets more consistently good again soon

Yes this was the MoS set from 24.04.09

the one no body is reporting on, either they are still all on a massive bender and haven't got back yet, or they are still recovering because they are lightweights, or they just cannot be ar*ed to tell us anything! :(

I'm gonna go with the lightweights option until I hear otherwise!

This is what l had back from Jules today;

MAY MIX TRACKLISTING

1. RICHARD DURAND ­ SLOW GEISHA

2. DJ DERO- DERO¹S RAVE

3. TRISTAN D PRES WIPPENBERG - CHAKALAKA

4. CHARLIE G ­ UNBREAKABLE (WILL ATKINSON RX)

5. AJ GIBSON - STORIES

6. MOONMAN ­ DON¹T BE AFRAID (JOHN GIBBONS REMIX)

7. PAUL WEBSTER ­ CORRUPTION (MAC & TAYLOR MIX)

8. ARNEJ ­ DUST IN THE WIND

9. CORDEROY ­ THAT CAMERA TRACK (CORDEROY REMIX)

10. GALEN BEHR & LEON BOLIER ­ WET DREAMS

11. KILLSWITCH ­ LOOP NOIR (WILL ATKINSON REMIX)

12. TRISTAN D PRES RATTY ­ HEAT OF THE SUNRISE 2009

13. CHRISTOPHER LAWRENCE ­ LIE TO OURSELVES

14. BREAKFAST ­ REMEMBER

15. RELOCATE & MARK SIGMA ­ PIRANA (HEATBEAT REMIX)

16. CALVIN ­ HARRIS ­ I¹M NOT ALONE (HARRY UP DUB)

17. MICHAEL DOW BANSHEE

As usual Burien's tracklisting has more detail B);)

cheers chrissie but i always do the tracklist without jules help and i send the finish version sometimes to jules ..

shure Briggsy

i loved jules mixes of 2000 but the music changed hes mixes them togehter with vinyl now with cds so is just a change in qualetty i think all the mix sets are better qualetty as in the 1999 ore 2000 shure the tunes are different and for some people to mutch bootys ore s*** tunes inside not like the old days when jules palyed all from vinyl and all was exlusive remember the days..of rank 1 . york . tiesto in 1999.. frank T.R.A.X.X . delerium . and more.. but mutch artist dont do this kind of music eny longer i remmber M.I.K.E aka Push his musik was insane and now his music is for me like what is this just s***... :wall: i really miss the old days to but mutch artist keep the tunes massive and new artist grow up i just say some names sir will atkinson, paul webster , genix , :wub:

Edited by Burien

I just wondered if he'd found his cat? And he had, so that's good innit! :)

That's good news. Must admit l forgot to ask him. However he is naughty coz lots of people had been asking him about Freddie (his cat) on Facebook so he should have let everyone know that he had come home.

In regards to a report for the night... I've been busy as a bee at work this week, but with a bit of luck I'll find the time over the weekend to do some kind of report, hopefully with some pictures added by Christian Hann to prove that we were actually there ;)

To quickly comment on the tune selection... It did seem a bit random with the tune selection, and the flow wasn't really there for more than a few tunes at a time.

and a little rant... Jules should keep that awful "something for your mind, your body and your soul" acapella at home

EDIT: in respect to Jules... many of the trancy tunes were really nice, and I guess what I really ment in the abover comment, was that the tune ORDER was weird.