Paul Van Dyk-For An Angel 2009

JasonB

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Only good news is Activa has done a remix (or doing), will be intrigued to hear that.

Activa is superb, but I just couldn't imagine his style working with this tune. He's got a very good reputation at the moment, and I think he's a brave man for taking this remix on.

Actually I have been playing alot of the originals of these tunes this weekend, Moonman, Madagascar, For an angel, Synaethesia, Salt water etc etc and THEY REALLY cannot be beaten.

It's nice to hear parts of a tune you once loved (and still love really) but you don't get the full effect of it unless you hear the whole thing.

I think I'd rather hear a whole oldie dropped in a set. :)

haven't heard this 09 version (yet), and i think the track should be left alone unless someone could provide a remix that was something comepletely different from what we are used to hear. Almost any version of For An Angel have been close to the original, just with the remixers sound... (inpetto, durand..etc..).

As Lynn mentioned... Yoji Biomehanika. If he could pull off a remix that rips up The Angel like he did with Mauro's Iguana, then... sure thing!!

Paul Van Dyk - For A Gutted Angel (Yoji's Inside Out Mix)

Whadayathink? ;)

Actually I have been playing alot of the originals of these tunes this weekend, Moonman, Madagascar, For an angel, Synaethesia, Salt water etc etc and THEY REALLY cannot be beaten.

You're right - none of those can be beaten. However, I would say that Richard Durand's remix of Madagascar is as good as Ferry's version (although, thats hardly surprising as it uses Ferry's version of the breakdown anyway - but with Durand's bassline).

As Lynn mentioned... Yoji Biomehanika. If he could pull off a remix that rips up The Angel like he did with Mauro's Iguana, then... sure thing!!

Paul Van Dyk - For A Gutted Angel (Yoji's Inside Out Mix)

Whadayathink? ;)

I THINK EMAIL HIM!!! ;)