Swine Flu - Worried?

kml

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its the media scare-mongering us again.

Sure, its a serious virus, but there's been around 136 cases worldwide so far - there's more people being stabbed, ran over, dying from food orpoisening d shot each day, yet hardly any of that makes the news.

Bird flu was hyped up for months, and then suddently vanished with no more mention. Foot and mouth became a mad panic but then vanished when the media became bored and no more was said. The same with mad cows disease - the country went berserk for months killing cows galore, not eating beef, etc - and then then the media shut up, and everyone started eating beef again.

Give it a few months and people will forget this ever existed too.

Edited by Briggsy

There's been at least 152 deaths in Mexico, and a honeymooning British couple have come home with it, all seven people that had contact with them are now showing signs of the flu!! I think it's serious, and I wont be going to Mexico in a hurry, but other than that, what can ya do??

I'll be keeping my eye on the story, but I wont worry my self all night long every night coz that wont solve anything, except make me very tired and more succeptable to disease!! :)

What worries me is the way authorities lie to us about stuff like this anyway.

But they always have and always will!!

Oh f***ing hell, I had to do my food shopping today the tightest budget ever, it's ridiculous, I've trimmed off all excesses and we are bare minimum on everything, we both work. This is an absolute disgrace, that I am refusing the smallest things to my children due to the odd 50p here and there being so important to my budget, we have not and will not have a holiday again this year, I have bought the cheapest car on earth just so that we can get to work, I was never rich anyway, but it is becoming MISERY now!!!

People on benefits are better off than I am, and fat a*se bankers are probably getting a holiday this year.

Recession!!! It's a fuc*ing bu***hit joke. People are using it as an excuse for everything........There are people who are to blame and they should be made to pay for the suffering they have and are causing to others!!

Less wages, still the same price bills and higher food and energy costs. Pretty soon it's gonna be like it was my childhood, f***ing tins of spaghetti for dinner and no electric. In fact my partners already been cut to a 4 day week!

Oh f***ing hell, I had to do my food shopping today the tightest budget ever, it's ridiculous, I've trimmed off all excesses and we are bare minimum on everything, we both work. This is an absolute disgrace, that I am refusing the smallest things to my children due to the odd 50p here and there being so important to my budget, we have not and will not have a holiday again this year, I have bought the cheapest car on earth just so that we can get to work, I was never rich anyway, but it is becoming MISERY now!!!

People on benefits are better off than I am, and fat a*se bankers are probably getting a holiday this year.

Recession!!! It's a fuc*ing bu***hit joke. People are using it as an excuse for everything........There are people who are to blame and they should be made to pay for the suffering they have and are causing to others!!

Less wages, still the same price bills and higher food and energy costs. Pretty soon it's gonna be like it was my childhood, f***ing tins of spaghetti for dinner and no electric. In fact my partners already been cut to a 4 day week!

I feel your pain.

Oh f***ing hell, I had to do my food shopping today the tightest budget ever, it's ridiculous, I've trimmed off all excesses and we are bare minimum on everything, we both work. This is an absolute disgrace, that I am refusing the smallest things to my children due to the odd 50p here and there being so important to my budget

Agreed! The price of food went up drastically last year when the price of diesel went up to £1.40 a litre to cover the extra it was costing for delivery lorries to fill up, but just before christmas, it hit a 10 year low of around £80 per litre - but the price of food wasn't lowered to reflect that. Now, fuel is going up again, and so is the price of food - yet they shouldn't be charging us extra on food for that fuel because they never deducted it when fuel was lowered last time.

Chip shops are the same - every time we have a good summer, you'll see a letter on display saying that the price of chips has had to go up because there's a shortage of potatos - yet when the weather settles down and there's no longer a shortage of potatos, they don't reduce that price again - but then when the same happens again the following year, they'll increase it again.

Prices continually go up, but they never come back down again when circumstances return to normal.

To cap it all off, taxes are going up even more to bail out these banks, etc that the government have decided to save - even thought the government are having to borrow money to pay for it. They save them, but we have to pay for it. Perhaps if the Labour government had kept some money aside for a rainy day, then the UK wouldn't have to borrow money to bail them out.

We'll give money away to bail out Iraq and Afghanistan, and we're the first to give out money when disasters happen in other countries - but when the UK is in the s***, we can't afford to do do anything about it because they've wasted money on other countries instead of putting some aside for when we've got problems here.

Edited by Briggsy

To cap it all off, taxes are going up even more to bail out these banks, etc that the government have decided to save - even thought the government are having to borrow money to pay for it. They save them, but we have to pay for it. Perhaps if the Labour government had kept some money aside for a rainy day, then the UK wouldn't have to borrow money to bail them out.

They waste enough money to be able to bail theirselves out a bit, I'm F**KING annoyed that they are get to keep their jobs as norm for f**KING us over. Always f***ing us over, stalling to give me back money that is mine, while I and my children suffer hardships and stress so they can keep their f***ing overpaid jobs!!!

I took my cat to the vet the other day, it cost me OVER 60 pounds just to get him seen and prescribed some eye gel. Nothing else, no xrays/ops or anything, why is that so dear, people are having to abandon animals because they can't afford to keep loved family pets, that they took on before all this s***, why not bail some of us out instead.!! Losing our homes and cars and jobs and lives that we have built up! What help do I get? I haven't caused this. I do everything I'm supposed, well what's the point????

Edited by Number 2 fan

The money the UK has given to other countries is a drop in the ocean.

Its not the point though is it - at the end of the day, they've got their own governments, their own people paying taxes, etc. If they can't afford to look after themselves, then its tough s***. We're a tiny country compared to most in the world - we need our own money.

Its not the point though is it - at the end of the day, they've got their own governments, their own people paying taxes, etc. If they can't afford to look after themselves, then its tough s***. We're a tiny country compared to most in the world - we need our own money.

Surely if the UK goes fighting wars in these countries then it should pay money towards reconstruction and improving the security situation for those who live there.