Swine Flu - Worried?

kml

I dunno if it's a waste to use TV advertising to tell people about things that are important. This is an important thing, and people take more notice of TV than anything else IMO!

Thats true, but anyone that doesn't already know about it by now must be deaf, blind and be living in a cave 24/7 though. I should think most people knew about it via radio, internet, newspapers and TV coverage before the commercials were made and paid for.

It just seems daft spending money on something when people have already found out via free outlets. That money could have been used (for example) to pay for a couple of life saving heart bypass operations or drugs, etc.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Awwwwww well if people didn't falsley claim to be too ill to work and collect prescriptions they don't even need, but store them away so they don't get found out, that would pay for a whole f**king load of By-passes and breast cancer drugs.

I think a TV advert is a good thing!

Awwwwww well if people didn't falsley claim to be too ill to work and collect prescriptions they don't even need, but store them away so they don't get found out, that would pay for a whole f**king load of By-passes and breast cancer drugs.

This is true! One of my mates has more days off work than he has at work through "illness" - i'm surprised he's still got a job :huh:

The adverts themselves are about information on what to do to stop the spread etc so they provide information. Not everyone watches the news or can read for that matter. Some people really need to be told to wash their hands more often and other things that we take for granted.

The adverts themselves are about information on what to do to stop the spread etc so they provide information. Not everyone watches the news or can read for that matter. Some people really need to be told to wash their hands more often and other things that we take for granted.

If that's the case, you have yet another reason to move away from here Briggsy :thumbsup:

Do you know what I hate, I hate it when you get to work and some snivelling idiot comes up to me and tells me they have flu (by which I think they usually mean they have a harsh head cold) anyway, DON'T COME TO WORK GIVING IT TO ME THEN!!!!!!!!!!!! GRRRRRR! Sneezing and touching stuff! :(

I have to say though, public toilets, I do not wash and dry my hands in them, once I get out of them I use a baby wipe (coz I have kids) and I think that washing and drying my hands in a public toilet is gonna actually ADD germs to to me!! I also use my elbows and feet to open and close the doors, flush etc!

I've used that stuff and it's really impressive. Your hands aren't exactly bone dry when it's done doing its job, but considering the consistancy of the gel when you apply it it's a very respectable product :thumbsup:

Yes and it kills 99.99% of germs. Including the flu virus

Erm okay, different reply now....

Judge & Briggsy you both need to take a chill pill, though Judge, your reply to Briggsy was a bit uncalled for imho......whatever happened to this board being a family atmosphere? dont see much of that anymore.....which is offputting :(

Erm okay, different reply now....

Judge & Briggsy you both need to take a chill pill, though Judge, your reply to Briggsy was a bit uncalled for imho......whatever happened to this board being a family atmosphere? dont see much of that anymore.....which is offputting :(

To be fair, I hardly ever speak out on this board - but after being called a c**t just after christmas in a light-hearted thread, plus his continual digs at me through other threads, enough was enough. If I start a joking thread, he comes on and calls me a c**t, and if I get involved in a serious thread, he still comes on ranting and raving - always with OTT swearing - so I can't win either way.

People with always see both sides of me on any forum - i'll crack a joke and have a bit of banter with anyone (as I do with Simon Ross quite often), but if someone gets on my t**s, then i'll have a go back - i'm a very "tell it how it is" person.

I've been on this board for about four/five years now, and only ever spoken out and clashed with someone three times - so thats not a bad record. Judge Mental has been on for around a year and has always had a tendancy to go a bit overboard with his comments - usually claiming "I was p***ed last night when I posted that" as an excuse for a rant.

So, after being called a c**t and singled out on more than one occasion, I think i've been fair enough to be honest. I could have let rip sooner - but i've let it go, but this time, enough was enough. I don't need to take a chill pill - I get on with everyone on here and I'm always up for a bit of banter.

Edited by Briggsy

LOL I was just gonna say what does SIGGED mean? :D

I'm bored with rants, if you wanna argue do it in short spurts so I can be bothered to read it. For example

OH f*** OFF!

SHOVE IT UP YOUR A*SE CRACK

YEAH OK THEN

or my favourite, and one I often use in real day to day life, say "mler mnler mer mler mer mler!!!" and scruch ya face up whilst rolling your eyes!! ;)

and Briggsy I have to say, YOU NEVER LET IT GO MATE!! Ever! ;) I mean I am really bad at not letting go and you out ran me, and I was trying to be good. :);)

Edited by Number 2 fan

If it's been a long day I can never be bothered to read long posts, but then most of the longer posts provide a lot of entertainment.

Back on topic I actually saw one of the ads earlier on TV & it's pretty simple but definately something that needs to be shown. I doubt it would have cost that much either