When did Sasha go bald???

Number2Fan

I have heard the names of course but not sure what kind of trance they play

They don't play Trance - they play Progressive House.

Sasha used to cross over into Trance a fair bit though. I remember years ago when I heard him play Storm - Storm, Underworld - Dark and Long, Travel - Bulgarian, etc. Not any more unfortunately :(

It's you who told me how you went to see Sasha for the first time not expecting much but was blown away, isn't it Tom?

Sasha played the first time I ever went to Godskitchen, I wouldn't say I didn't expect much but he definately surpassed my expectations. One of the best sets I've ever been present for

Edited by TomBailey

I've never given the two chaps my attention because from the very little I know about them I can't imagine them being to my tastes (Digweed and Sasha)

They're not really my cup of tea either, but I think you'd be surprised. Sasha in particular can be very good - especialy if he has one of those days where he digs out a few classic Trance tunes. Digweed is a bit more bland imo.

Sometimes its good to check out different DJ's - quite often you'll be surprised. I saw Roger Sanchez at Global 2007 after having a random walk round to see who else was on because Oakie was killing the Trance tent. The tune he was playing grabbed me, and then so did the next, and then the next - and he actually ended up being my favourite DJ that weekend.

Global 2006 I was in the Trance tend waiting for Ferry Corsten - but he started playing that Electro-Trance nonsense he was playing back then, and he was boring me rigid after 15 minutes - so I went to see Fatboy Slim - and he was excellent!

Markus Schulz is another that shouldn't really be my cup of tea, yet every time I see him, he's outstanding.

I also discovered Marcel Woods by accident - i'd gone to see Jules at Godskitchen, but he was shocking. Marcel Woods was next up, and he was superb - and since then, he's gone on to be my current 2nd favourite DJ.

Sometimes its good to check out something you wouldn't normally see - quite often, you'll be surprised.

Sasha's sound has definately evolved but the technical aspect of his DJing is right up there with anyone elses imo. His sets definately need to be heard in a club setting to be fully appreciated