Simon Ross @ his very own Sixth Form Leaving Show (First Ever Live Performance!!!)

Well the day has arrived, tomorrow on the 22nd of May I DJ infront of a live audience for the very first time!

It is our last day together at the Sixth Form before we all go our seperate ways (most to universities) so a show has been organised by the year group which will take place in the morning's assembly. Because it is a morning show, I made sure I was the last to perform so that everyone is hyped up by the previous performances which are done by other people in the year group. I have only got a 20 minute slot, but I plan to fit 5 tracks in there, so there has been a lot of editing!!!

I am full of mixed emotions, part of me is extremely excited yet there are also some nerves. Did some tests on Tuesday evening and all went well which gives me more confidence :lol: What I am most excited about is the way I get to operate in my own sound booth looking down on the audience, and its a huge KAM sound system which sounds really nice. A webcam will also be set-up which will project a video of me in the booth onto the opposite wall for anyone who can't see me! (we have thought of everything!)

It's clear to see the excitement showing through already ;)

There will be lots of photos taken when I perform, and there should be video footage also which I look forward to seeing! I thought I would start this thread now so people are aware, and it won't be long until I can report back to you all!

Simon :)

-----------------------------------------------------

EDIT (Download and Tracklist added):

-----------------------------------------------------

Download Link:

[hide_me]http://www.4shared.com/file/107231898/65e754a0/Simon_Ross_-_2009_Mixes__Mix_3___22-05-2009___First_Live_Performance___192_.html[/hide_me]

Tracklist:

1. Claudia Cazacu and Fabio Stein - Cazakistein (Fabio Stein's Simpler Remix) (Simon Ross Intro Edit)

2. Red Hot Chili Peppers - Waiting For (Genix Remix)

3. Vengeance - Temptation (Denga and Manus Remix)

4. Agnelli and Nelson pres A&N Project - Just When I Think Theres An Answer (Tom Colontonio Remix)

5. Filo and Peri - Light At The End Of The Tunnel (Original Mix) (Simon Ross Outro Edit)

Edited by simonross46

I thought you done some DJing live before at the Christmas do? The one you were going on about the tracklisting for, for absolutely ages and it was the reason you thought you'd have trouble joining in Secret Santa, but then I said just use some of that set for your secret santa. REMEMBER!!

Good luck anyway, have fun, and don't wet ya pants!

OUTFIT!! I forgot, but I got ready for my first proper DJing and when I came downstairs my mum said, 'oh you don't look very DJish' I hadn't even thought about it until then, ergh!! Nightmare. Anyway, you can't wear what I wore, I looked like Adam Ants long lost cousin. No photos neither, cameras hadn't been invented in those days!

What ya gonna wear?

the very best of luck m8.

i remember my first time (djing ) it was in a pub come club all in one. i went in von dutch jeans ck shirt and blue spiky hair with abit of bling ( typical dj stlye atyre if you ask me lol ). i also remember the stupidly small gig area.

if you got a crush on a bird at school this will impress her abit. just have a great time. pretend your at home with your headphones and whats in front is a big tv. i worked for me but after 3 or 4 sucessfull gigs all the worry and stress went away.

let us know how it went ive got quite a stepping stone in my life this weekend myself so your not alone in new areas m8.

:winkthumbsup:

I made mistakes, it didn't really bother me for much longer than the actual mistake lasted for. And To be honest, the same applied to the people dancing, in fact I dunno if they even noticed half the mistakes.

The only time my crapness bothered me was when there was the next DJ standing behind me looking over what I was doing....

But you wont have that, so you'll be ok Simon!

Well I am pleased to say it went down a storm! There were no mistakes and I had no nerves at all. I think the fact I was DJ'ing to my friends helped, because as soon as the first song got going and everyone was dancing I felt at ease and just mixed as if I was on my own :)

I even forgot that photos were being taken I was in the zone that much, not even the flash got my attention!

I will get photos uploaded here soon, along with a download of the set that I played B)

Edited by simonross46

Those willing to dance went up on stage to have some fun, whilst the boring basstads stayed in their seats. Thankfully more people were on stage than in seats, and those in the seating area got up too.

DSCF0056.jpg

DSCF0057.jpg

DSCF0065JPGedited.jpg

DSCF0082.jpg

DSCF0084JPGedited.jpg

More photos can be found on Facebook :)

Edited by simonross46