Simon Ross - Mix Sets 2009 (Mix 3) (Live Performance 22/05/09)

The 22nd of May 2009 became a very special milestone regarding my career as a DJ. It was this day that I first performed as a DJ live infront of a physical audience!

If I am honest, I felt more nervous the previous evening than I did when I actually started my set. I became so enfused by my mixing that I had no awareness of the world around me, and it was a very magical feeling - although I of course paid close attention to the crowds to ensure they were entertained!!!

Below I have a link for you to download the set that I played which was recorded at the time. There is also a full tracklist of the tracks that were played:

-----------------------------------------------------

Download Link:

[hide_me]http://www.4shared.com/file/107231898/65e7...nce___192_.html[/hide_me]

Tracklist:

1. Claudia Cazacu and Fabio Stein - Cazakistein (Fabio Stein's Simpler Remix) (Simon Ross Intro Edit)

2. Red Hot Chili Peppers - Waiting For (Genix Remix)

3. Vengeance - Temptation (Denga and Manus Remix)

4. Agnelli and Nelson pres A&N Project - Just When I Think Theres An Answer (Tom Colontonio Remix)

5. Filo and Peri - Light At The End Of The Tunnel (Original Mix) (Simon Ross Outro Edit)

-----------------------------------------------------

I hope everyone who attended the event enjoyed themselves just as much I as enjoyed playing these tracks that have shaped my life thus far. For those of you who were unable to attend (for whatever reason) I hope you too will enjoy my set from the comfort of your own home.

Simon :D

Edited by simonross46

Quick post to prevent the thread from being covered in dust so early

yes unfortunately people rarely reply if I post a mix up here. I'll give this a whirl too though mate.. I certainly cant complain unless Im gonna support the others that post mixes. haha

Nice mix mate.. will give a proper listen tomorrow.. just had a quick scan. I didn't realise the Genix mix of "Waiting For" ended up on the final release of the remix package... but I assume it did since this has the re-sung vocal of the official Peter gelderblom release. I have the original bootleg version gelderblom and genix mixes - just never realised the genix one made it to the final release. It was about 6 months later it actually came out though.

By the time I had finished and packed away the floor was clear of people :( But the DJ reputation worked a treat in the pubs at night!

Thanks for listening though chaps. My mixes often get the downloads but never much feedback (although I don't exactly ask lol). It's always nice to know if people like it or not at least.

The Genix remix has been a huge favourite of mine for ages, hence why I keep playing it to this day. It did take a long time to come out though, but it was roughly the same time of the Peter Gelderblom version I think (Genix remix has the same structure too). I can see myself playing that remix for years and years though.

If I explain each track though; the first track is typical of my current style and its brand new, the second track is the most influencial track on my life thus far, the third track was also very influencial and a big favourite of mine, the fourth track is an epic crowd pleaser, and the fifth track followed on nicely enough and filled the space i had :lol:

I will blast Pussycat Dolls so much next time, I have some awesome remixes :lol: I can understand how many people would be a bit bored of the Genix remix cos it has been around for so long, but nobody in the crowd had heard it before so I felt safe playing it :) Thanks to everyone else who has had a listen thus far! It's nice to see it getting some positive attention

Yeah whatever...............

What the hell is that you are DJing on? That'd fit in my pocket, it's not right! looks wrong, where is the spectacle that is THE DJ!! ?

Also, with the 'girls' issue, any girl that wants a DJ will be willing to wait and speak to him after his last tune. ;) I know about these things................just have a glance round after ya last tune! ;)

Edited by Number 2 fan

Using that laptop and USB mixer thing looks right gash doesn't it. I didn't feel right either, but having that mixer made things look a little better than just a stand-alone laptop I think. Bring on the CDJ's ...

I actually had a group of about 4 girls stood in the doorway to the booth, but they came up as I was mixing the last track so I was too focused with that. Once I was done my photographer and his mate had already got in there! :lol:

hehe, I follow you there Simon.

The first time in front of a live audience is very special.

Being nervous up to the point where you see people dancing and having fun to the music YOU put on and mix together is fantastic and the feeling you get is unbeatable. Over the time, as you DJ out, it becomes easier to both DJ and talk/drink relaxed with people, which is quite essential in my opinion.

I've DJ'ed at parties where I was so focused on the mixing and track selection that I didn't had the extra energy to chat and be relaxed, i hardly talked with anybody but those asking for requests, which is too bad afterwards if it's a party with people you know.

Anyway, I'll have a listen to your set.

Good luck with your future gigs!