This s*@t is getting tedious now

JasonB

All three remixes on that vinyl are truly shocking.

If I heard any of them in a club or bar, and already knowing the original, I would be tempted to leave.

All I can console myself is the fact that it will appeal to a new(er) generation of clubbers who understandably might not realize what they've missed out on.

It's shocking. It would be better to try and educate the new generation with a classics night... but I guess those nights would more likely attract people like us wanting to reminisce. I actually played the original mix recently at a gig at Derby Uni... threw in a few oldies to try and educate a slightly younger crowd and they seemed to love it.

but if the new generation wanted to know about these records, they would in due to time. Like me, when i got into trance in 99 (i was actually into house and speed garage from 97) i looked at what came before it and inspired it. I discovered the Oakenfold Goa Essential Mix etc and tunes of that, the Northern Exposure mix albums and tunes off that.

Its the record labels responsible for this. They want an need more money, so they are raiding there back catalogues from 1999-2000, when incidentally, dance music was at its peak, and just rehashing them for more coin. It does annoy me though, nothing is sacred anymore. I'm still sat here waiting for a dodgy electro house remix of Out Of The Blue...It will happen, you watch...

ahaha!

I must agree with moonman.. the younger generation getting into their dance music now, if they are really seriously into it will surely look back to the roots of where it all came from. I personally got into dance music in around 96/97, but the more commercial stuff at first.. then discovered Trance in its prime of 99. But I looked further back and also discovered the Oldskool/Rave stuff that really started it all off. I was probably only 5/6 when that stuff was new but it sits as a seperate genre of music for me now which I very much love and respect.

A mate of mine who's a year younger than me has an extremely impressive Oldskool collection and he's had DJ's 10 years older than him amazed at how he has built such a collection. Hopefully this will continue in the next generation of clubbers - they'll be buying the original time to burn off Discogs and not this awful remix... but who knows eh.

GOOD SHOT - HANDS BURN!!

Actually despite all my moaning I think this is ok! Apparently he's not gonna do any more from 1999 now!

http://soundcloud.com/bailey68/bailey-vs-h...od-shot-09-edit

The shame is that so many other tunes are being done over and over that it's spoiling it for everyone!

I do like that one, I dreaded it when I saw the tune name, but I was suitably impressed!

Compared to what happened to that storm one!

See now I am torn again!!!

Edited by Number 2 fan

Sorry but they're all a load of bollocks and remixing tunes from such an untouchable era is not only ignorant but foolish.

Not one to ever further one's career, surely..

Edited by Quadrant

The era of crappy classics remixes needs to end ... and we need to encourage the rebirth of original producing. Remixing classics is ok for producers to learn and gain experience, but unless it is truely mind blowing (rare) it doesnt need to be released for the sake of it.

I don't get much time at all to even look on here at the moment, yet alone post, but I was intrigued as to what this was all about, looked and couldn't help but reply. WTF? This is truely awful.

How could you even dance to any of those?

I used to quite like the Picotto remix of this track (although it wasn't my favourite).

The Hands Burn one is a grave injustice to my ears, the original version of that tune is still so amazing & would still generate such a massive reaction that you don't need someone tainting it with a 15 minute hash of a remix.

If I want to hear a DJ play 'Good Shot' then I want to hear the original version not this new one which is complete tosh in comparison.

The same goes for 95% of these new remixes but the fact is that as long as people (especially people as influential as Jules) keep on supporting them then the guys making the remixes are not going to go away or try to make some actual original music.

Oh how I envy the amount of outstanding original music the A-list DJs receive (& for free as well), yet they still fill their sets with novelty tunes.

Yeah see I stopped making bootlegs last year ... when I was making them things were going really well but I didn't want that reputation and went on to original productions and remixes. Now it's such a struggle :( Got John Gibbons helping out which is why I have lots more respect for him than I do for Jules currently.

Bootlegs I think are a different proposition in some ways. They're definately over-done at the minute too but I don't think they really irritate as much as the wave after wave of classics being remixed. Making a bootleg of two popular (contemporary) tunes is a great way of getting that instant 'wow' factor. People thinking that you're playing one tune that they have heard loads before & then bang something else comes in.

Bootlegs do at least require someone to creatively fuse the two tracks together (thinking ah, wouldn't it be great to use the vocals from that on this track or whatever) whereas the remixing of classics seems to be an individual raping an earlier idea for their own means.

I think what really, really irritates is that these 'new' remixes are often so similar to the original track that there's no point in them anyway. If someone uses an older tune in a completely different way then fair enough, it's given the original idea new life but also made it into something different. Doing as some producers seem to do often & just taking a classic & putting into the production template they use for a lot of productions seems a little pointless, all in my opinion of course.

The Hands Burn one is a grave injustice to my ears, the original version of that tune is still so amazing & would still generate such a massive reaction that you don't need someone tainting it with a 15 minute hash of a remix.

True.

If I want to hear a DJ play 'Good Shot' then I want to hear the original version not this new one which is complete tosh in comparison.

True

The same goes for 95% of these new remixes but the fact is that as long as people (especially people as influential as Jules) keep on supporting them then the guys making the remixes are not going to go away or try to make some actual original music.

very sadly, true.

Oh how I envy the amount of outstanding original music the A-list DJs receive (& for free as well), yet they still fill their sets with novelty tunes.

This is the point that makes me the sick most. I'd love to receive the amount of original music A listers do. One of the things i respect about Armin (although i dont like him as a DJ generally) is he supports original tunes and upcoming producers. Yes he does play remixes of classics, but nowehere near as many as Jules.