The News

Number2Fan

It's very depressing atm, apart from telling us Susan Boyle is a crank (like we never already knew that?)

There's a whole plain missing over the atlantic, and this

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/sussex/8077169.stm

I don't care how depressed or horrendous you feel life is, how could you possible ever ever ever kill your own child like this?

This is so desperately sad but makes me very angry too, as these people die and get sympathy even though they are still murderers, you do not need to take your children with you! It makes me sick.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What annoys me with the British media is that there is also plenty of positive news that they could publish - but they chose to only publish the negative stories because they can drag it out longer - such as the MP's expenses thing which has dragged on for 25 days now in one newspaper alone. Sure, its bad and it p***es me off - but just publish a whole 12 page article on it or something, and hit us with facts and figures - rather than feeding us bit by bit so that it drags on. The same will happen with this plane crash - once they fidn the plane, the media will start finding other 'incidents'. They always do when a plane crashes - even though these incidents happen day-to-day, and in reality, most of them are minor - but they blow stories up to make them sound worse, or they take 'clever' photos that make 'near misses' look closer than they actually are.

But yeah, that is really sad and bad :(

ha ha I haven't eaten a sausage since 1985 when I was 12, I found out what went into sausages, it was a big news story at the time, funnily enough. Anyway, that is where my OCD originally stems from.

Edited by Number 2 fan

ha ha I haven't eaten a sausage since 1985 when I was 12, I found out what went into sausages, it was a big news story at the time, funnily enough. Anyway, that is where my OCD originally stems from.

I've seen many TV programs where they go 'undercover' at supermarkets, food manufacturers, etc - and to be honest, if we knew what happened to most of the food we ate and were put off by it, we'd end up eating grass and drinking water for the rest of our lives. Some of the stuff was disgraceful - yet it was everyday items such as fruit, tins of beans, cakes, etc.

If I like something, i'll eat it and try to ignore what might have happened to it along the way....

Its amazing how many people, for example, like Black Pudding - but as soon as they know what it is, they suddenly don't like it. In reality, it's still the same thing - it looks the same, it tases the same - they've just realised they're eating pigs blood and feel put off by it.

Black Pudding is amazing, delicious food & completely makes a breakfast. It's no worse than most of the other food we eat anyway. Chicken Nuggets are the worst food to eat in terms of the s*** they put in them.

On a positive note the weather related news is definately something I'm enjoying. Having been in a dull & rainy Prague for 4 days coming back & sitting in the beer garden for an hour with this radiant sunshine is a godsend.

Best of luck mate, we got off the plane to torrential rain & had about an hour of sunshine the whole weekend.

Cheers mate. To be honest, I doubt i'll be seeing much of Prague itself - i'll be leaving the Ministry of Sound on the Friday night, getting straight on the plane at Stansted, getting a couple of hours kip at the hotel, then off to the club to see Markus Schulz, then back to the hotel for a bit more sleep, then about 4 hours sightseeing, then back on the plane home on the Sunday - so apart from those 4 hours or so, the rest of the time is going to be taken up by planes, hotels and the club :(

Ah just saw a news update on the Beachy Head thing, I feel sad now, ehat with that and the Crimewatch I just watched, where they re-iterated the Jamie Bulger stuff, that always upsets me for weeks when I think of that poor little sod, and what he went through at the hands of two evil bastard kids, who now live an anonymous life in Australia.

One day someone will find out who they are, I don't care if they were only 10, I've had a ten year old and 10 yr olds know that you shouldn't cut the fingers of a toddler off, and shove batteries up their arse, pour paint in their eyes. Even my 4 yr old knows that's fu**king evil!

No fear for me; I'm flying with Etihad to Australia in November this year and they'll be using exactly the same planes as that which went down. Condolenences to those who lost their lives but air travel is statistically very safe and I can't wait to go.

Besides I trust you lot to carry on this archive even if I did disappear ;)

Might do?........................

I was in a plain that was hit by a storm, it was very scrarey as it was a small plain and the first time I'd ever flown, I was also in a Thick fog Missed approach once and I have to say that was even scrarier. Because we couldn't see a thing, I mean nothing, it was in the south of spain and I have never ever seen fog like that in my life before.

Every time I get on a plain I think I am going to die, I still get on. I love the views, but in the back of my mind I think I am going to die.

EDIT* My sister reminded me that as we soared back into the air during the missed approach I shouted "we're all gonna die" LMFAO I don't remember that, but she said it put the willies up all the other passengers! :D

Edited by Number 2 fan

Another point I feel suits this thread is the whole politics/elections stuff. Britain has a w4nk government at the moment and its constantly on the news ... but what I wonder is; do you think America has coverage of all our government issues just like we had 2 years of Obama/Clinton? *hmmm*