The News

Number2Fan

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I feel a tad sorry for Gordon Brown - although he's made some huge blunders, not everything is his fault. The problems were all beggining to start just before Tony Blair jumped ship. Tony Blair started the problems, but Gordon Brown hasn't been able to solve them either.

The world recession was out of his hands too - however, if the government had put some money aside for a rainy day, then they wouldn't have needed to borrow as much as they have to sort some of the problems out.

The problem is, when Labour do eventually go, the Conservatives will have to out taxes up to sort out Labour's mess - and then they'll be branded as "the same old Tories - taxing the poor to look after the rich".

The only plus side I can see to all of this is that if the Conservatives get into power and the public lose faith in them too when they put taxes up, then they'll start voting for the Liberal Democrats - and Labour will become the third party.

Not yet anyway. Saddam Blair and Adolf Brown will be upon us soon though, I can feel it :huh:

Don't tar Hitler with that brush, besides the fact his ideals were outright wrong never mind pure evil and vastly misguided, the man, no matter what you say, was without doubt a political genius.

The only plus side I can see to all of this is that if the Conservatives get into power and the public lose faith in them too when they put taxes up, then they'll start voting for the Liberal Democrats - and Labour will become the third party.

I see what you're saying, and to some extent I agree, but I can't really see a plus side at all at the moment. The only thing all this saga at the moment is doing is driving partys further and further apart, and in that losing sight of what is actually the right thing to do. Sad as it is, but unfortunately over the last few months, the only party with any real ideas that can be put into practice, whether wrong or right (and bearing in mind no one even knows who's actually in each party at the moment), is the Labour party*.

All the other parties are all talk and smear, and would s*** themselves and f*** up the country further if they got into power at this chaotic stage.

The country needs political rest just now, not a big mad political k-hole.

*That in now way meant I'm a Labour party supporter. At the moment I feel like a genuine believer in religion, that has given up on finding a political "God" out there that I firmly believe he doesn't exist. (worst metaphor ever, but my dinner's ready likes :lol:

The most alarming thing that the current strife seems to be doing is creating an era of 'populalism' whereby sensationalist & radical parties are growing in power due to disillusioned voters turning to them out of frustration. Parties like the BNP & such are definately not the answer we are looking for

I understand the BNP idea in principle in giving the indigenous people of our beautiful island back the power and stop our culture being overly-diluted by foreign peoples and influences. I love England! However, I didn't vote for them because they go too far in ostracising all immigrants to the point where it just becomes xenophobic and just outright racist, which is silly. I think a little immigration and movement of peoples is important in shaping a country. We just need to reduce it over here because we're so overcrowded, but not ban it as that goes too far.

Similarly their stances on kerbing homosexuality is sort of aimed in the right direction, but it just goes too far.

If the BNP stopped being so extreme themselves and just toned down their radical viewpoints to a more sensible and middle ground, I think more would vote for them, because their actual policies focus on the right areas - it's just they go to the extreme and I don't like that.

Do you go to church then?

Have you ever actually read the Bible?

There's is nothing wrong with being gay, ever at all. There are many things wrong with the world we live in and I doubt any of it stems from some people fancying other people who are of the same sex.

Alot of my friends are gay.

In fact, I'd love a big GAY prime minister! ;)

I have no sympathy towards any extremeist, racist, homophopic, sexist, or ridiculous political party.

Be careful what you vote for!!

225px-Adolf_Hitler-1933.jpg

It may come and bite you right in the arse!!

the man, no matter what you say, was without doubt a political genius.

I never said anything about Hitler? :huh:

I understand the BNP idea in principle in giving the indigenous people of our beautiful island back the power and stop our culture being overly-diluted by foreign peoples and influences. I love England! However, I didn't vote for them because they go too far in ostracising all immigrants to the point where it just becomes xenophobic and just outright racist, which is silly. I think a little immigration and movement of peoples is important in shaping a country. We just need to reduce it over here because we're so overcrowded, but not ban it as that goes too far.

Similarly their stances on kerbing homosexuality is sort of aimed in the right direction, but it just goes too far.

If the BNP stopped being so extreme themselves and just toned down their radical viewpoints to a more sensible and middle ground, I think more would vote for them, because their actual policies focus on the right areas - it's just they go to the extreme and I don't like that.

I agree entirely. BNP are downright racist and go too extreme - hence why I won't vote for them. UKIP would by choice of the too - they do things the right way.

Edited by Briggsy

I have no sympathy towards any extremeist, racist, homophopic, sexist, or ridiculous political party.

I don't mind homosexual people if they act like the rest of us and just get on with their lives. Its the ones that like everyone to know they're gay that annoy me - people like Julian Clary that can't say one thing without having to mention their sexuality. I don't feel the need to tell everyone i'm straight, so I don't see why gays feel the need to tell us they're gay.

As for racist - I don't care where people come from and what colour they are. What I do object to is them coming into our country and telling us that we have to change our traditions and lifestyles because it offends them. If people choose to come to the UK, they should live by our ways. If they're not willing to accept how our country is, then they shouldn't come here to start with. Simples.

Edited by Briggsy

I didn't say you had, I'm just pointing out that they all started somewhere, and to be careful what you vote for. In general, not just you.

Since JM did mention him first though........

Hitler was a c*** and never a political genius.

I was referring to the Adolf Brown comment, as you well know.

Just want to point out I'm not sticking up for Hitler there (lol), and I'm aware its miles off topic, but I didn't just say that to wind anyone up. Anyone ever been to Checkpoint Charlie in Berlin? Utterly fascinating in the most astoundingly macabre way. Really knocked me for six as it sets in just how real it was.

I like Julian Clary. :huh: I don't care if people mention their sexuality at all, I don't particularly like anyone giving me an in-depth account of stuff they've done ;) but that's gay or straight, I don't mind a joke here or there though that refers to it.

I probably wouldn't base my political vote on that anyway. :D