The News

Number2Fan

I like Julian Clary. :huh: I don't care if people mention their sexuality at all, I don't particularly like anyone giving me an in-depth account of stuff they've done ;) but that's gay or straight, I don't mind a joke here or there though that refers to it.

I don't mind people mentioning it or having a joke about things, but there's some that like the whole "look at me, i'm gay" image and try to ram it down our throats (no pun intended!).

There are so many gays that just get on with it without being "in ya face" about it - Dale Winton, Stephen Gately, Stephen Fry, Will Young, etc. Its the ones that like to let you know that they're gay every five minutes that do my nut in - Julian Clary, Graham Norton, etc - its like an attention seeking thing. Who cares.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why shouldn't they act camp? You don't have to be their bum chum, but people can act exactly how they feel like acting.

In fact they can't really help it, it's part of being gay for some of them. I don't think you can spend your entire life putting on a camp act unless you are actually JUST CAMP in nature.

I see no difference between Stephen Fry's gay-ness and Julian Clary's, obviously they are not ALL going to have exactly the same personality, just like straight people don't. :blink:

Nothing to do with the fact he's gay but I really don't see the appeal of Graham Norton, apart from that episode in Father Ted when he plays the camp priest, he was superb in that.

I can see what Briggsy is saying, it can be a little much when it's really overt in the same way that I imagine people might be offended by slutty blondes who go out wearing criminally 'hardly there' clothing.

Yes Tom indeed.. it's just a bit much for me... as much as some straight people annoy that have other stereo type personalities. Everyone is entitled to be their own person, and everyone will find certain people annoying or not so easy to get on with.

I see no difference between Stephen Fry's gay-ness and Julian Clary's

Most people wouldn't realise Stephen Fry is gay - he's not open and "in ya face" about it. Julian Clary is constantly "in ya face" with it and can't help but mention the fact that he's gay with some crude reference within 5 minutes of being on telly.

Edited by Briggsy